“Good location but noisy at night” 4 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
east greenwich, rhode island
“Good location but noisy at night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I wondered why there were complimentary ear plugs on the night stand! Well, within 15 minutes I could hear the conversations in the adjoining rooms. And, it sounded as if they were coming into my room!
On a positive note, the temp in the meeting rooms was perfect and the food served was outstanding.

• Stayed April 2014
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will make sure that we take a look at the guest room you are referring to. Please feel free to reach out directly if you need further assistance or have any more concerns to share with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I haven't been to this Hotel for 40 years or so; when we were younger, we loved the lounge at the top of the building which revolved.
The Hotel is aging, but is well maintained. The staff was very focused on making our stay a pleasant one.
My favorite plus was the shower. The shower had lots of pressure, was hot, and provided more than adequate water.
Self- park was very convenient.
I'd have appreciated more information about the hotel restaurants in the room; a menu would have been great.
The room temperature control worked well, and changed the temps very quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed @ this property so many times over the years.. The van is ALWAYS punctual..leaves back & forth to Chicago O'Hare every 15 minutes. The beds are so very comfortable- I sleep like a baby. The front desk immediately checks me in & states what ever I need, don't hesitate to ask. The internet lets me log on with record speed-something I usually don't see @ other hotels. I really enjoy staying here whenever I'm in the Chicago area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

For an airport hotel, the Hyatt Regency O'Hare is adequate. Shuttle service is slow but effective. Front desk was where I found poor service. After waiting in line for 5 minutes, the person left just as I moved up, to attend to a flight crew. No explanation given. I moved down and waited again and finally checked in. I did ask the person why she left me without even a simple, "I'll be right with you." and when I raised the issue, she did not even apologize.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us your concerns during your stay with us. We have forwarded this information onto the appropriate department as we are always looking for ways to improve the experience for all of our guests. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and see that some of these changes have been implemented and improved.
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed there first time for a trade-show/conference event. Check in was super smooth and receptionist extremely polite and helpful. $36 valet parking is too steep for my budget, but our event had arranged $10 parking fee per night which was very reasonable.

The hotel lobby is beautiful and the 4 banks of elevators were fast. The only disappointment was the size of my King room that was very small (perhaps no more than 130 Sq. ft.) and something you do not expect from a Hyatt. The bathroom was small and the shower (no tub...see pictures) reminded me of a college dorm room or a health clubs' shower stall. If you are really big, you may have problem maneuvering in and out of it. It was a real surprise to me, given this was a Hyatt Regency hotel.

Hotel being on the approach end of runways 27L and 27R of the O'Hare could be noisy if they take off to the east, but this is not a big issue and expected from any hotel that close to a major airport like O'Hare. Bed was super comfortable and the HVAC very quiet.

The health club was nice with good equipment and the "Perk's" coffee/gift shop, however a tad expensive for me but definitely not a rip-off.

I will certainly consider to stay there again but not in the round tower suction, perhaps in the main area where the rooms are square, and hopefully have larger shower and bathrooms.

Room Tip: Stay in the main part of the hotel that the rooms are square, and not in the round towers where they...
Green Features: I was not offered no sheet and towel service opt out, like I have been offered in other hotels.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Woodruff, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have stayed here a few times to utilize the park and stay they offer. If you're going on a trip they let you keep your vehicle there in covered parking. ( if you can find a spot) the bell men, front desk staff are wonderful and check in is always a breeze. Here's the problem. The hotel itself is beautiful and we've always thought our rooms were more then adequate. But, the bar and the staff there is beyond pathetic! Hardly speak English, extremely slow to non-existent service. It's packed every night and they know they "gotcha" because you're scared to leave and go elsewhere to drink or eat because of never finding a spot in the garage again. Prices are exorbitant, food is mediocre at best. I can't believe its a Hyatt! How can the entire place be ran so professionally and then encounter this poor excuse for a restaurant/ bar? We ate there twice, once before our departure and upon our return. Both times it took forever to be served and the chicken salad I ordered had a black hair in it. I was told by the server it couldn't have been on there end because everyone in the kitchen wears a hat! Needless to say by that point I had lost my appetite. We love Hyatt's and are gold members. What a disappointment , our next vacation we will find a different hotel that offers shuttle service, and park and stay. Come on Hyatt, step it up, this is not the first review on the horrible bar and service.

Room Tip: We've always had a nice room here, avoid the bar!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had two international trips this month, both times we did a park and stay with this hotel; parking first then staying overnight on our return. The parking is in a covered structure, which is great when there is weather, and the shuttles run frequently. The design is a large open atrium area with floors are all open to the center; I believe this design is common to the Hyatt Regency brand. Although there were definitely people about, our first stay was completely quiet in our room. On our second stay, there was a huge conference and not only was it a bit noisy but it was a challenge to get an elevator. It is connected to the convention center so it is likely that one or more groups could be staying at the hotel, this time it was a huge group. Once in the room, we found a white noise machine and really did not notice the hub-bub when we settled in.

The beds were very comfortable and the staff friendly. The hotel is very close to the airport with convenient shuttles and covered parking. Next time we do a park and stay we would definitely considers staying here.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room higher up would be quieter, but the wait for the elevator could be a bit of a problem...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!