“Good Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Caracas, Venezuela
“Good Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is located a few miles away from the O' Hare airport. There is shuttle bus service every 15 minutes to and from the airport. The Hotel's architecture is an all glass square building cornered by 4 cylindrical towers.
Had to queue for a short while to register but once I was assisted, the process was fast and efficient. Was assigned a fairly spacious and comfortable room at one of the corner towers.
The bed was king size with of a good mattress, good quality linen and abundant pillows.
A large work table, a long lounge couch with a mini bar housed in a cupboard with a 42" flat TV screen sitting on top it plus a convenient bench for luggage made up the rest of the room furnishing. The closet was fairly small and designed for mainly short stay guests. Unfortunately the bathroom was tiny with the toilet sitting sideways (to fit the geometry of the tower) and a 3'X3' minuscule shower designed for slim persons; the curtain shower was quite unpleasant since it kept sticking to the body in the tiny enclosed space caused by the shower induced draft.
The hotel general areas were quite spacious, with an impressive modern sculpture, maybe on the minimalist side which gave it a bit of a cold atmosphere, however it looked sleek, clean and polished.
The breakfast area was well laid out, pleasant but unfortunately the food was not at par with the surroundings. The breakfast buffet was somewhat limited in choice, the food was well presented but mostly cold. There were very few choices of breads and no cheeses in sight. The service was excellent and very friendly.
The Wi Fi Internet service was excellent and free.
A good airport hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, Kh445! We truly appreciate your feedback as we continue to strive for excellent standards here at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. Please come visit us again soon!

1,015 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Winchester, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for a corporate meeting 2 nights. Wife and I thought it was funny that they left us a pair of earplugs on the bedside table. We knew ahead of time the Hyatt Regency O'Hare (Airport) Hotel was near the airport so we brought our own earplugs, but it was a nice gesture. Obviously, the staff can't do anything about their location so it would be rather pointless to complain about jet noise. If fact, it seemed like the jet noise decreased to a very tolerable level after midnight and I was never awakened by it either night. Wish I could say that about my wife's snoring. lol
This is a massive Hotel so if you are staying here for a convention/meeting, you can just expect to do a fair amount of walking - especially if your meetings are in the nearby convention center. I have no complaint about that because I like the exercise. If you don't like walking, this hotel is not for you!
Had only a 5-8 minute wait for airport shuttle both coming and going. No problems there.
During our convention, all the food was provided by our corporation and served by the hotel kitchen: the filet mignon served during the awards dinner was outstanding, the pizza served during the Monday lunch was inedible (cold leftovers?).
Our room was tiny by anyone's definition of tiny. I didn't really care much but my wife was quite annoyed by the small bathroom with no counter space and single sink propped way up on table legs.
Check-in and Check-out was lightning fast. One problem: when I checked out, the clerk said there were "no charges" and have a nice day. However, when I checked my bank account/credit card a couple of hours ago, I noticed a charge of $100 from Hyatt Regency O'Hare. Now I'll have to waste my time and call the hotel to ask about that. Because of that, I reduced my rating from "Very Good" to "Average".

Room Tip: Don't get a room in one of the cylindrical corners of the hotel. Rooms there are like a tiny we...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We're very grateful that you took the time to review our hotel, drguerrant! Your feedback is always helpful to us as we strive to give outstanding guest service every single day! I do apologize for the charge on your account. Please feel free to call our shared services/accounting department at (888) 472-2870 and hopefully we can get this straighened out for you.
Lombard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is a very nice hotel with a great location. Check in was fast and easy, and our room was ok. I love sleeping on a king bed. The shower had good pressure. The lobby is pretty nice. Checking out was easy as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Rohan L! We look forward to having you back again soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I was checked into the hotel on the shuttle bus and checked out via the web, never having to face any lines at the front desk. My room was in the Executive Tower, with a comfortable king bed. Not sure if they are larger than others in the rest of the hotel but the space was fine. Everything in working order. The only disappointment was the bathroom, I'm used to hotels in Asia where most are significantly larger. The bathtub area looked dated. I appreciated the amenities, and the hair dryer was powerful (1875 watts) this hotel is large and when there are groups its a bit if a madhouse in the lobby area, so don't expect any intimate spaces for socializing. I didn't hear any plane noise but it could be that I am a sound sleeper. The Executive wing is a bit of a hike from the main building be forewarned.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
JZ16, Thank you very much for the review of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare! You're speaking about one of our new Project X initiatives that are at our hotel. The iPad check-in is an amazing addition that helps guests skip the check in process at the front desk and be able to go straight to their room from the airport. As a matter of fact, Hyatt Regency O'Hare just received the CEO's Award for Innovation mainly because of our iPad check-in. Thanks again for visiting us!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Hyatt Regency is a big hotel. It took lots of walking to get to my room. There was a hairstylist convention going on when I stayed there for a business meeting. The restaurant and bar were nice. I did not like that there were really long lines to get a shuttle back to O'hare. The shuttle service seemed to be overhelmed. The hotel service was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, 1DallasCowboyfan! I am thankful you told us about our shuttle service. We will look into addressing that and make sure we have the correct amount of people on staff when larger groups are in house so more people can be serviced. Please come visit us again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I was a guest in this hotel 40 years ago. Unfortunately, it was also the night of a fire in the hotel. I spent several hours on the balcony with my parents, not knowing where the fire was at. I was a young girl, very frightened and the experience has stayed with me my entire life. Last November I stayed at this hotel for the first time since the night of the fire. It was very emotional for me to return to the hotel for the first time in 40 years. I found a few employees who worked at the hotel at the time of the fire and it was healing for me to be able to talk with them. It's a beautiful hotel and I look forward to returning again some time soon. Hopefully it won't be another 40 years.

• Stayed November 2012
Wow CindyLS, Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! We are so glad that you could come back to the hotel after so long! Thank you for giving us another chance and we look forward to having you again in the future!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

As others have remarked, there is quite a bit of airport noise - the price you pay for a quiet and convenient location right in the heart of the primitive forest that makes up Chicago's green belt. You may never venture into it, but you can hardly miss it from the upper floor windows, and it's lovely to be in an urban hotel that has so much green around it. The hotel is very comfortable with all the amenities one expects of a Hilton, lifted into a different class by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Restaurant food is excellent, with the breakfast buffet a real treat. Bar food was less outstanding, but perfectly OK: the only complaint I could make about the food is a lack of choice after eight or nine in the evening on a weekend, when almost everything except the bar closes. I would happily stay here again. It's a great base for exploring Chicago without being surrounded by skyscrapers all the time.

Room Tip: All the rooms have aircraft noise, so I'd go for an upper floor for the stunning views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you very much for the review of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare! We agree that our hotel is set in a perfect spot for guests; close enough to the city but far enough to still see some greenery and calm. Looking forward to having you again!

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!