“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lombard
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is a very nice hotel with a great location. Check in was fast and easy, and our room was ok. I love sleeping on a king bed. The shower had good pressure. The lobby is pretty nice. Checking out was easy as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Rohan L! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I was checked into the hotel on the shuttle bus and checked out via the web, never having to face any lines at the front desk. My room was in the Executive Tower, with a comfortable king bed. Not sure if they are larger than others in the rest of the hotel but the space was fine. Everything in working order. The only disappointment was the bathroom, I'm used to hotels in Asia where most are significantly larger. The bathtub area looked dated. I appreciated the amenities, and the hair dryer was powerful (1875 watts) this hotel is large and when there are groups its a bit if a madhouse in the lobby area, so don't expect any intimate spaces for socializing. I didn't hear any plane noise but it could be that I am a sound sleeper. The Executive wing is a bit of a hike from the main building be forewarned.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
JZ16, Thank you very much for the review of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare! You're speaking about one of our new Project X initiatives that are at our hotel. The iPad check-in is an amazing addition that helps guests skip the check in process at the front desk and be able to go straight to their room from the airport. As a matter of fact, Hyatt Regency O'Hare just received the CEO's Award for Innovation mainly because of our iPad check-in. Thanks again for visiting us!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Hyatt Regency is a big hotel. It took lots of walking to get to my room. There was a hairstylist convention going on when I stayed there for a business meeting. The restaurant and bar were nice. I did not like that there were really long lines to get a shuttle back to O'hare. The shuttle service seemed to be overhelmed. The hotel service was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, 1DallasCowboyfan! I am thankful you told us about our shuttle service. We will look into addressing that and make sure we have the correct amount of people on staff when larger groups are in house so more people can be serviced. Please come visit us again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I was a guest in this hotel 40 years ago. Unfortunately, it was also the night of a fire in the hotel. I spent several hours on the balcony with my parents, not knowing where the fire was at. I was a young girl, very frightened and the experience has stayed with me my entire life. Last November I stayed at this hotel for the first time since the night of the fire. It was very emotional for me to return to the hotel for the first time in 40 years. I found a few employees who worked at the hotel at the time of the fire and it was healing for me to be able to talk with them. It's a beautiful hotel and I look forward to returning again some time soon. Hopefully it won't be another 40 years.

• Stayed November 2012
Wow CindyLS, Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! We are so glad that you could come back to the hotel after so long! Thank you for giving us another chance and we look forward to having you again in the future!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

As others have remarked, there is quite a bit of airport noise - the price you pay for a quiet and convenient location right in the heart of the primitive forest that makes up Chicago's green belt. You may never venture into it, but you can hardly miss it from the upper floor windows, and it's lovely to be in an urban hotel that has so much green around it. The hotel is very comfortable with all the amenities one expects of a Hilton, lifted into a different class by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Restaurant food is excellent, with the breakfast buffet a real treat. Bar food was less outstanding, but perfectly OK: the only complaint I could make about the food is a lack of choice after eight or nine in the evening on a weekend, when almost everything except the bar closes. I would happily stay here again. It's a great base for exploring Chicago without being surrounded by skyscrapers all the time.

Room Tip: All the rooms have aircraft noise, so I'd go for an upper floor for the stunning views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you very much for the review of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare! We agree that our hotel is set in a perfect spot for guests; close enough to the city but far enough to still see some greenery and calm. Looking forward to having you again!
Roswell, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is our 4th stay at this property and it is always a really great experience! There is an event we attend here and we are never disappointed with our stay here.The staff are always gracious and helpful and the property is attractive, clean and well-,maintained. We have always had a room in the Executive Wing and find them to be comfortably roomy, clean and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom is well-lit with a separate vanity area that is spacious with plenty of room for our toiletries. One thing in particular that I love about these rooms is the sitting chair with the tray style table where I have room for my computer, while Gary has the desk area for his. The drawers in the dresser are roomy, which is a huge plus for us, since we tend to bring an assortment of clothing ranging from comfy clothes for classes all day long, to dress up/costumes for the evening events. Oh, there is also a nicely sized closet that is more than adequate for both of us.
We noted that the property appeared to have been upgraded this time around. The only complaint that I have is the fact that they keep the public areas so incredibly cold!!! The temperatures outside were in the 40's and 50's for at least 3 days while we were there and the cold air was still blasting.(not even the slightest hint of warmth) I was cold the entire time we were there. I did have a couple of fleece jackets and sweaters with me, thankfully. I was wondering if they blast the cold air all winter as well........

Room Tip: We prefer the Executive Wing. The rooms are larger and in terms of location, you avoid the wait for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give the Hyatt Regency O'Hare a Five-Star Review! Thank you for your continuous loyalty to our outstanding hotel! We look forward to having you again in the near future!
Laguna Niguel, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When a hotel provides nice ear plugs on the night stand it is usually a indication that there will be noise. Due to the location you do hear considerable aircraft noise all night long.
On a positive note, the airport shuttle runs every 15 mins and the food is above par for hotel food. The meeting and AV staff are very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency O'Hare! Those ear plugs are actually a part of our new Project X program. We are one of 25 lucky hotels that get the chance to test out some amazing products and ideas such as the ear plugs and the new iPad check in procedure. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay!

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!