I stayed here on business while attending a conference in the convention center next door. The hotel was convenient for the conference due to the covered (and heated) walkway which leads directly to the convention hall. This was a major plus for me since it was freezing February and I had lots of stuff to transport from the hotel to the convention center.
You can tell efforts have been made to make the lobby modern and welcoming, however you cannot ignore the massive ugly concrete structure which the rooms lead off. It is a horrible gray colour even just painting the concrete would brighten the lobby up and make it feel more inviting.
The room itself was comfortable enough, but the daily breakfast buffet was great (not included but worth the money) with lots of options including made to order omelets, pastries, fruit, cereal, hot breakfast items.
Overall the staff were friendly, however service levels can definitely be improved. One morning the server asked for a tip since the day before my companion forgot to add it on as we were in a rush. We had planned on leaving double that morning due to our mistake but since he turned around as asked for a tip which was a very uncomfortable moment for both of us, we reduced the original amount. Then in the bar one evening we just wanted to grab some food after a long day at the convention, however the waitress was more interested in serving a group of gentleman than paying any attention to us, and when she did appear and we did get drinks, she got my order wrong. These incidents took away from an overall great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine from around the country. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel