“Convenient for conference” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Cayman
“Convenient for conference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here on business while attending a conference in the convention center next door. The hotel was convenient for the conference due to the covered (and heated) walkway which leads directly to the convention hall. This was a major plus for me since it was freezing February and I had lots of stuff to transport from the hotel to the convention center.

You can tell efforts have been made to make the lobby modern and welcoming, however you cannot ignore the massive ugly concrete structure which the rooms lead off. It is a horrible gray colour even just painting the concrete would brighten the lobby up and make it feel more inviting.

The room itself was comfortable enough, but the daily breakfast buffet was great (not included but worth the money) with lots of options including made to order omelets, pastries, fruit, cereal, hot breakfast items.

Overall the staff were friendly, however service levels can definitely be improved. One morning the server asked for a tip since the day before my companion forgot to add it on as we were in a rush. We had planned on leaving double that morning due to our mistake but since he turned around as asked for a tip which was a very uncomfortable moment for both of us, we reduced the original amount. Then in the bar one evening we just wanted to grab some food after a long day at the convention, however the waitress was more interested in serving a group of gentleman than paying any attention to us, and when she did appear and we did get drinks, she got my order wrong. These incidents took away from an overall great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I am terribly sorry for your experiences at our restaurant and bar. I would truly appreciate it if you would contact me directly so that we can address the individuals. I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,
Nicole Casey
Operations Training Manager
nicole.casey@hyatt.com

964 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had originally booked a moderately priced hotel a little farther from the Airport. When offered a special deal I took it and did not regret the decision. For just a little more than the moderately priced hotel I got a fabulous room with good surroundings and prompt shuttle service.

The tower rooms are oddly shaped but quiet comfortable. It definitely wasn't your "cookie cutter" type of room. That is not to be construed as a criticism.

When traveling through Chicago in the future I will definitely check for special deals at this hotel before booking another one. The rack rate is more than I normally spend.

Did not try the food service but it looked to be served attractively.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. We truly hope you join us again and try any of our outlets. We are proud to offer some really incredible dishes, from fresh, hand-rolled sushi to organic, sustainable entrees, to lighter fare with perfectly portioned menu items.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Was in Chicago for a quick meeting that turned into an overnight. I chose the Hyatt based on reputation and all the amenities that this property listed. It is a very nice hotel. Clean and classy. Fabulous workout area with plenty of machines and weights. A serious fitness center which I really appreciate after seeing so many token ones. Room was a comfortable size and the bed was perfect. This is a good hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review! Your recommendation means everything to us! If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please do not hesitate to let us know.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed overnight due to flight cancellation. The hotel is about 10 min shuttle ride from the terminal, in an area with many other airport hotels. This hotel has a large atrium designed like a pyramid so all rooms has outside view window. As a Gold Passport Platnum member I got the upgraded premium internet service. The hotel provides room service until midnight, which is a good thing for stranded travelers. High quality and tasty dinner. The room itself is quite small but with all the necessary items including a tube of toothpaste. Even more, the room also has a disinfectant wipe to clean the remote control. It's a first I've seen and a great idea. Why don't all hotels do this now?
Overall, bed was comfy, functional desk and bathroom, but room is tight. It's not a problem for overnight stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for not only your loyalty to Hyatt as a Platinum member, but for staying with us and writing this review. The remote control wipe is just one of the ways we are engaging with our customers to provide service and amenities that you can appreciate. We hope you are able to join us again in the future and see what other innovative changes we have made.
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have stayed several times at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, but this review will be based on the two last times. Overall, this is a very good airport hotel, and they have a good shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. I was there on two occasions in November 2012. On the fist of these occasions, there was a large convention at the hotel (the event was called FurFest), and there was a lot of noise from the people on this convention, it was almost impossible to sleep because of noise from nearby rooms and the hallway. The Hyatt Regency O'Hare is a large hotel, and it should be no problem for them to have business travelers in one part of the hotel (i.e. the executive wing).
Overall a very good hotel, however, the "incident" I had with the very noisy convention unfortunately brings the overall rating down to average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for repeatedly choosing Hyatt Regency O'Hare. I do apologize that we were unable to provide you with one of the most basic services a hotel can offer, a good night's sleep, during your most recent stay. We are constantly working to improve the tranquility of our guest rooms and hope you will join us again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed overnight for a business meeting. The hotel is very near O'Hare and convenient from I-294 or I-190. Parking was readily available either as valet or self park. All staff was friendly and efficient. The room was spacious and very clean. Though you are right next to the airport, plane noise was not a problem. Meeting rooms were in great shape and staff was very good in keeping food and drinks maintained. Would definitely recommend for a business meeting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the recommendation. I am delighted to share your feedback with our team. We can accommodate business meetings and conventions of all sizes. We hope you have the opportunity to join us again.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This place is just ugh. I stayed here for two nights to attend a training seminar. Unfortunately the seminar was at the other Hyatt in Rosemont (my mistake). When I asked to be transferred to the other Hyatt where the rooms were the same price management refused unless I was willing to pay a one night penalty. Left a bad impression of a brand that I normally love.

The rooms are tiny and dated. Mine had a small shower stall, no tub. This morning my hair dryer wasn't working. I called down for a new one. Twenty minutes later I had to call back because it still hadn't arrived. Unimpressed.

• Stayed March 2013
I am truly sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay. We strive to provide quick and efficient service and were unable to do so for you. I can assure you that your feedback will be shared with the appropriate departments so that we can make every effort to provide our guests with a better experience in the future.

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!