“Great Convention Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Emporia, Kansas
“Great Convention Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Easy access to O'Hare with hotel shuttle service. Our convention enjoyed the very functional ballroom/meeting rooms. The hotel staff was professional and accomodating. My room was on the executive wing, and it was comfortable and quiet. It seemed strange that there was no pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We certainly strive to be your convention hotel of choice. Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. We hope that you will join us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a business meeting where many were flying in and out the same day.Probably one of the smallest rooms and bathrooms I have ever encountered but a nice place. Very friendly staff from the front entrance to the house keeping staff. Training is in full force at this Hyatt and it shows. Convenient location just blocks from O'Hare. Clean and updated for a hotel that has been at this location for quite a while. I probably wouldn't spend a week here, but you could with no noise from the airport and close to many attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star feedback. Our associates will be proud to hear such wonderful comments. While you don't have plans to stay for a week, we certainly hope you'll be able to join us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were flying out of O'Hare at 6:30 this morning. We chose a "Park, Sleep, Fly" deal from the Hyatt. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Our room was large and beautiful - I wish we could have stayed longer! We ate in the bar downstairs - food and service were both very good. We did not notice any noise from planes. My only complaint is that I am short and things in the bathroom were meant for taller people. Our car is in a covered parking garage and will be for nine days while we are gone. A shuttle picked us up this morning and dropped us off at our airlines check-in. It will be there to pick us up and take us back to the hotel on our return. For 10 nights covered parking, 1 night in a wonderful hotel, and shuttle service to and from the airport we were only charged $150! We are looking forward in taking advantage of this service again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are thrilled you had such a fantastic stay! Since you could not stay longer, you will just have to join us again! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We really appreciate the recommendation!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Good value at the hot wire rate . Like the " free slow " internet . Parking reasonable for Chicago.
This is a convention hotel can get a little busy. I had no real issues with my stay and I would stay again. My king size room was very small and would not be comfortable for 2 people .
My only vent with these high end hotels is many of them do not replace the toiletries after the first day. Even leaving the empty shampoo and such arranged on the floor could not induce replacements on a 4 day stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. I can assure you that your feedback will be shared, so that we can address your concerns and assure they do not happen again in the future.
Lisle, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I enjoyed a week long stay at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in the comfort of an executive wing room, which I was told would be quieter than rooms off the atrium (as families are not usually placed there).

The room was large and well appointed. Although O'Hare is nearby, no airplane sounds were heard.

I ate almost everyday in the main restaurant and was impressed with the delicious food quality and variety. At night there were inviting fireplaces in the Red Bar area.

The one detractor would be the cool to cold temperatures in some hallways and meeting room areas during winter. I think was partially due to the larger number of people who exit often to smoke outside.

In warmer weather it would be easy to walk about ten minutes to THE PARK, an entertianment area with movie theaters and about six restaurants. In winter there is an outdoor ice rink in the center of the restaurant area. If you drive there, there is free (if validated) parking.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive wing room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that our Food and Beverage team were able to impress you meal after meal. We hope you are able to join us again in the very near future since you are just a short drive away!
PORTLAND,OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Never been a fan of fly-in hotels for meetings but they are convenient and provide for no distractions from business so they are efficient. However, they can be lackluster at best. Then I spent at week at the Hyatt Regency at O'Hare and I was very pleased.

From a very courteous reception, to offering the room location I wanted (ground floor near meeting rooms), to excellent banquet food (hard to do for 4 days running) to great linens, my stay was excellent.

Now, they did blow it when I asked for the linens to be changed and they didn't (you have to ask).

Restaurant service was consistently professional and courteous. The lounge was spacious with a roaring fire. But the charges for drinks were outrageous...they know you can't go anywhere else so they take advantage.

Would I book again...absolutely but I would stash a good bottle of cabernet to be sure.

Room Tip: Best rooms are 1st floor just off the lobby...close to everything. I overlooked a mechanical plant...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We will be sure to share your comments with our associates, especially the Culinary team! We will also address the Housekeeping oversight on our behalf. I hope that you will join us again in the near future.
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night on a free voucher from my airline after they cancelled my flight. Firstly, the airport shuttle driver from the hotel was pretty rude as he chastised me for not being able to find him at the curbside pickup sooner and taking up his precious time. He was parked and hidden behind several buses/vans in the driving lane (not the loading lane), did not even try to go around those vehicles to pull up curbside properly, and was so far away from the arranged pickup spot that he was at a different area. (I did complain about him later with reception.)

Upon entering, the facility is beautiful and modern. It has an open plan that reminds me of the Luxor in Las Vegas, with all of the rooms around the perimeter of the hotel, across very many floors, and all looking down into a vast open space that is the lobby/restaurant area. Reception was quick, friendly, and helpful and I appreciated that.

Because the elevator is centered in the building, it can seem like a long walk to your room. I noticed it was really noisy like a convention center since there was a giant corporate party going on downstairs. At 11pm in my room in the 5th floor, I could still hear the roar of hundreds of people chatting with the occasional drunken squeal and yell downstairs.

I ordered a pizza to-go from the restaurant downstairs and it tasted like pure table salt! It was so salty it burned my tongue! I did not finish it. Luckily, I also had a meal voucher from the airline so I didn't feel too bad about wasting food and money.

The room was nice, but it bothered me that there were no mirrors in the bedroom portion of the room. I had to go around to the bathroom side to find a mirror, which was not very well lit using hallway lighting. The bed was also fine, nothing to write home about.

At the end of the day, I prefer service and comfort to enjoy over the decor, so I can't say that I really enjoyed this hotel as much as more economic choices like Marriott that I usually choose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback, as it is truly crucial to understanding our guests' experiences in an effort to only improve our product and services. I can only hope that you allow us the opportunity to address the issues that you mentioned and give us another chance in the future.

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!