“Great Executive Room, excellent food!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #10 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lisle, IL
“Great Executive Room, excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I enjoyed a week long stay at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in the comfort of an executive wing room, which I was told would be quieter than rooms off the atrium (as families are not usually placed there).

The room was large and well appointed. Although O'Hare is nearby, no airplane sounds were heard.

I ate almost everyday in the main restaurant and was impressed with the delicious food quality and variety. At night there were inviting fireplaces in the Red Bar area.

The one detractor would be the cool to cold temperatures in some hallways and meeting room areas during winter. I think was partially due to the larger number of people who exit often to smoke outside.

In warmer weather it would be easy to walk about ten minutes to THE PARK, an entertianment area with movie theaters and about six restaurants. In winter there is an outdoor ice rink in the center of the restaurant area. If you drive there, there is free (if validated) parking.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive wing room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that our Food and Beverage team were able to impress you meal after meal. We hope you are able to join us again in the very near future since you are just a short drive away!

962 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
PORTLAND,OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Never been a fan of fly-in hotels for meetings but they are convenient and provide for no distractions from business so they are efficient. However, they can be lackluster at best. Then I spent at week at the Hyatt Regency at O'Hare and I was very pleased.

From a very courteous reception, to offering the room location I wanted (ground floor near meeting rooms), to excellent banquet food (hard to do for 4 days running) to great linens, my stay was excellent.

Now, they did blow it when I asked for the linens to be changed and they didn't (you have to ask).

Restaurant service was consistently professional and courteous. The lounge was spacious with a roaring fire. But the charges for drinks were outrageous...they know you can't go anywhere else so they take advantage.

Would I book again...absolutely but I would stash a good bottle of cabernet to be sure.

Room Tip: Best rooms are 1st floor just off the lobby...close to everything. I overlooked a mechanical plant...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We will be sure to share your comments with our associates, especially the Culinary team! We will also address the Housekeeping oversight on our behalf. I hope that you will join us again in the near future.
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night on a free voucher from my airline after they cancelled my flight. Firstly, the airport shuttle driver from the hotel was pretty rude as he chastised me for not being able to find him at the curbside pickup sooner and taking up his precious time. He was parked and hidden behind several buses/vans in the driving lane (not the loading lane), did not even try to go around those vehicles to pull up curbside properly, and was so far away from the arranged pickup spot that he was at a different area. (I did complain about him later with reception.)

Upon entering, the facility is beautiful and modern. It has an open plan that reminds me of the Luxor in Las Vegas, with all of the rooms around the perimeter of the hotel, across very many floors, and all looking down into a vast open space that is the lobby/restaurant area. Reception was quick, friendly, and helpful and I appreciated that.

Because the elevator is centered in the building, it can seem like a long walk to your room. I noticed it was really noisy like a convention center since there was a giant corporate party going on downstairs. At 11pm in my room in the 5th floor, I could still hear the roar of hundreds of people chatting with the occasional drunken squeal and yell downstairs.

I ordered a pizza to-go from the restaurant downstairs and it tasted like pure table salt! It was so salty it burned my tongue! I did not finish it. Luckily, I also had a meal voucher from the airline so I didn't feel too bad about wasting food and money.

The room was nice, but it bothered me that there were no mirrors in the bedroom portion of the room. I had to go around to the bathroom side to find a mirror, which was not very well lit using hallway lighting. The bed was also fine, nothing to write home about.

At the end of the day, I prefer service and comfort to enjoy over the decor, so I can't say that I really enjoyed this hotel as much as more economic choices like Marriott that I usually choose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback, as it is truly crucial to understanding our guests' experiences in an effort to only improve our product and services. I can only hope that you allow us the opportunity to address the issues that you mentioned and give us another chance in the future.
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We choose this hotel for being close to the airport. This hotel seems to have a vast number if rooms spread over a very large area so that it took a felt eternity to reach my rooms, especially when having to wheel your luggage all the way over soft carpet. The room was nice but not well noise protected from the starting planes. I was still jet lagged and would have wanted to use the gym but it was not open at night albeit next to the reception area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I apologize we were unable to meet your expectations. I am sure that you would have enjoyed our 24 Stay Fit fitness center. Our 24 bell assistance is always available to assist you with your luggage.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here this past week because of a cancelled flight. It was as expected for a Hyatt property. I had stayed here a few years ago and was glad to see it fully renovated and up to date in a nice contemporary design.

I had an ice standard room in the executive part of the hotel...apparently quieter and away from the atrium. I didn't really notice much difference, except that it was in another building and a little bit of a walk from the lobby.

The room was nice, clean and comfortable. I had much work to do and the desk was large and spacious. The bathroom was TINY, but clean and with some additional personal care products from other hotels - like lip balm.

I ate at the sports bar / sushi restaurant. The food was good...although the wine list was quite limited. The prices were average for an airport and convention hotel...not inexpensive!!

The shuttle to the airport was friendly and timely...even at 4:15am.

My only complaint was the Regency Club. It wasn't staffed the night I was there. The light snacks were out in the evening...but none of the beverages were available. It was actually quite busy the 2 times I was in there in the evening. To have no staff there on-site was not up to the Hyatt standards.

Overall, I would stay here again if attending a conference or needing to get to O'Hare early in the morning. Otherwise, if I had time, I would probably make the commute and stay in the city with more dining and entertainment options.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Welcome back! We are so glad that you had the opportunity to join us again and enjoy some of the changes we have made since your last visit. I hope that you have the opportunity to join us again for a scheduled trip. Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Every member of the staff that I spoke to during our stay at this hotel was kind, helpful and welcoming. Some reviews state that the hotel does not look updated - but that is absolutely NOT TRUE! The Archeticture is unique -and the building follows the function and form of its orginal design even through updates. The hotel restaurant is at the bottom of the atrium - but the curved top booths help with acoustics and helping to make the restaurant a little more cozy. But the true warmth comes from the staff and the helpful attitudes and genuine interest in those dining. I witness staff interfacing with customers that are both children and adults in the same way - smiles, helpful and making sure that needs were met. The lunch buffet of soup, salad and dessert was a bargain at $13. A beautiful array of FRESH items! Our room was comfortable - though the light switch in the bathroom was a little wonky. Other than that - the beds were comfy - the temperature in the room was great - and the airplane noise level was very low (considering the hotel is in the flight path). Over all the hotel is a good value - and the staff is what REALLY makes it GREAT!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
What a wonderful review that speaks to the service of our associates. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly believe our associates are the reason for our success, and honored to be one of Chicago's Top Workplaces, two years in a row.
Berrien Springs, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt at Ohare before an flight last month. The bed was so comfortable and we were well rested for a long day of travel. Room was clean and comfortable. Will definately consider this hotel again when needing a hotel prior to a flight. The shuttles ran on a convenient schedule and we never had to wait. Check in was very easy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
A clean room and comfortable bed is extremely important to our travelers. We are delighted to read that you will consider us again in the future. If you do, we hope you have the time to try some of our culinary delights!

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!