“Good Airport/Conference Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Lake Mary, Florida
“Good Airport/Conference Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This Hyatt is really convenient for conferences and events at the Convention Center. There is an enclosed, heated walkway to the Convention Center which is excellent for Chicago's winter weather- no coat needed. The hotel rooms are comfortable, although my room was very small. The beds are extremely comfortable as are the pillows. The bathroom was adequate with a shower and all the amenities.

I did think the parking was very expensive- $32 a night. I was also disappointed to learn that the restaurant had been closed on one of the nights that we were there because they weren't busy- that left only the bar with a very limited menu as we didn't want to face the bitter cold winter weather.

Living in Florida we found the hotel very dry- think static cling and dry lips and throat, but that would have been true of any place in Chicago in January.

This hotel is close to the airport and and very comfortable. I would recommend it highly for business or convention center activities. It is a bit far from downtown Chicago.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for such a high recommendation. The winter weather can be a bit much for even many of us locals, so it is no surprise that your Floridian selves found it uncomfortable. We hope that you will join us again when it warms up around here. In the meantime, thank you for writing this review.

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Staying in the executive wing of the hotel for one day while on businesses and was really impressed with the service, the quality/layout of the rooms and overall the staff hospitality. It seems like they've done a lot of renovations to keep the place looking modern and clean. The breakfast buffet exceeded all my expectations - health, delicious options. Highly recommend staying here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are certainly glad that you appreciated the healthy options; we understand that being away from home doesn't mean that you have to stray away from your routine and healthy lifestyle. We appreciate every recommendation we receive, especially when yours is a "highly" recommended. We look forward to hosting your friends and family in the future after you let them all know what a great stay you had.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for three days, two nights for a work meeting. Our group was about 150 people. My room was clean and comfortable. It was a bit dry and a static electricity was abundant. Chicago in the winter - bring lip balm. Only negative on the room was a missing sheer panel on the curtains - otherwise, everything else was in good order.
The large rooms for our conference were a bit cold and drafty ... due in large part to the sub-zero temperatures outside. Recommend a sweater for the conference rooms. The partitions between the conference rooms are not particularly effective at keeping out noise. We could hear noise from the meeting next door, I am sure they could hear us. The food was decent ... banquet style for all of our meetings. Nothing extraordinary, but nothing horrible either.
Transportation to and from O'hare was quick and easy.
All-in-all, good place for a conference.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback. As a hotel that hosts many conferences and meetings, we certainly appreciate hearing about your experience, so that we may make every effort to improve it for guests in the future. We hope you have the chance to visit us again.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Really enjoyed this hotel. Had great service and was very nice for an airport property. Only spent one night but loved how close the train to get to the city was and how helpful the staff is with helping us reach the skydeck. After spending 3 nights in the grand hyatt Denver and not having the hyatt beds the o 'hare property had one if I could steal that bed I will. This hotel also has an airport shuttle to get to and from airport for free. To the people complaint about the Internet it was $1 are you serious? This is a great layover hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being loyak to the Hyatt. We are certainly glad that you had a 5 star experience! We look forward to when you can join us for just one night.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Great free shuttle service from the airport. Hotel connects to the convention center (which is why i am here) so there is no need to walk outside and fight the wonderful winter weather. Overall, very impressed. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
We are glad to keep you as far from that cold Chicago winter as long as we can! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
Moab Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Nice layout. A covered convention center walkway, connects the Hyatt Regency with the convention center, which is welcomed since it snowed my visit.
Extensive 'convenience' collection to keep or borrow for many amenities a traveler may have inadvertently left behind.
Three blocks away you will find entertainment, restaurants, megaplex movie theater and, in winter, an ice skating rink.
This Hyatt has a free airport shuttle. I reserved an Airport Express shuttle and the airport express employee steered me to the Free Shuttle. It is at Door 1 every 15 minutes. Starts at 4:00 AM. Glad my flight didn't require me to go that early.
The Hyatt is a block, two blocks to the Blue Line Train into downtown Chicago, a 40 minute ride one way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Our shuttle is actually a 24 hour shuttle, running every 30 minutes overnight and every 15 minutes beginning at 4am, but we're glad your flight didn't require you to be so early too! We are proud to offer the extensive conveniance collection for our guests. Thank you for writing this review and we would love for you to stay with us again!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am a Platinum Member of Hyatt and I stayed at Hyatt Regency O’Hare en route to Istanbul.
My flight arrived after 8 PM in the cold Chicago winter weather but the shuttle to the hotel was waiting outside the terminal and it is heated.
At the hotel Front desk lane for Priority Members was closed—I waited a while before they could check me in, but I was upgraded to the Executive Wing.
The room itself has a minibar- work table – plenty of outlets – true HD programming on the flat screen and bathrobes for guests. I made myself tea with the in room coffee maker. Wi-fi is complimentary for Platinum members. The King bed I got was very comfortable and plenty of pillows with extra in the closet.
The hotel lounge serves food until 12 midnight. I had the Angus Burger w/fries while I watched the Lakers lose again. Very good food at reasonable prices.
The next morning they delivered USA Today to my door which I picked up on my way downstairs for breakfast (I used my AAA membership for free breakfast). They don’t have a morning buffet so I had Cornbeef Hash Omelette which is served with toast and juice or coffee/tea.
The hotel shuttle leaves for the airport every 15 minutes beginning at 5 AM. Late at night it runs every 30 minutes.
Helpful staff and nice property—very big hotel used for conferences and such. I would stay here again if plans require it.

Room Tip: Ask for Executive Wing if you are Member of Hyatt.