“First Stay” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Winthrop Harbor
“First Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We were there on Sunday 12/23 to stay the night and catch an early flight. Room was fine and very clean, got there about 3pm with the intent to check in and then sit at bar to watch football and have a few beers, turns out the sports bar was closed, the lobby bar was closed until 6pm, front desk said that someone from the restaurant would be happy to get us a beer. We sat at the empty bar, 1 tv was tuned to a game but no volume, a server from restaurant came buy and got a beer for his table, I asked if we could get one and get some volume, he said no not until 6. Went to snack shop got a couple beers and went back to room. Went back at 6, we hung out for a while and ordered food to take back to room. Mediocre at best. Would still stay here for airport ease, but nothing else.

Stayed December 2012
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment with your stay. I can assure you that your feedback will be shared, so that we can work to prevent this from happening to our guests in the future. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the new year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A very clean and professional hotel. The staff are very polite and helpful. As a frequest flyer to most countries in the world I found the bar staff to be very friendly and will include you in a topical conversation provided your approach is friendly and open. The rooms are cleaned daily and a warm personal welcome is displayed on the room's T.V (Executive Wing) and an iphone docking station and all mod cons in the room. The downside is that it is a 40 minute train ride to the city but hey travelling in the middle of the freeway between both directions of traffic is an eye opener. A plus side is a regular free shuttle to the airport and the drivers are very friendly and will entertain you on the 10 minute journey to the airport.

Highly recommended

Bez (Ambulance Service)

Room Tip: Try to book the executive wing as it is an experience to savour (and photograph)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so kindly for taking the time to review the hotel. Your high recommendation is greatly appreciated.
Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Hyatt Rosemont is conveniently located near the airport and right across the street from Rivers Casino. The free shuttle service to the airport makes it a good choice for international travelers who need a night to recover from jet lag. They also have free parking - a real plus! (... once you've parked, I recommend using the excellent public transportation system to go into the city.) The room is large, clean and comfortable. It was a very good value through a name-your-own price internet service. My only question was: why the $10 per day charge for wi-fi???

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
There are actually two Hyatt hotels in the Rosemont area. We are Hyatt Regency O'Hare, located next to the Stephens E. Convention Center. I believe that you stayed at Hyatt Rosemont, located across the street from Rivers Casino. I hope you are able to visit us your next time in the area!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We arrived at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare to find a clean and well appointed room and a responsive staff. Easily accessible for all points in the Chicago-land area via Interstate or "El", after five days of fun in the city it was very nice to return each evening to a nice room and comfortable bed! Bonus: In room massage!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed your time in Chicago. There is also plenty to do in the Rosemont area, where you don't even have to worry about the El or interstate. Thank you for staying with us!
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is nice hotel with great service. It is all about the location here as Hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport. It has 2 restaurants and 2 bars. Plenty of onsite parking, but it is $20 a day. Be a great place to stopover going in our of the country to get some rest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope your travels bring you back to the O'Hare area because we would love to see you again!
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed the Hyatt O'Hare for a business meeting being held there. The food and service associated with our meeting group were excellent. The staff was very attentive to the needs of our group while using their meeting facilities. Their lobby area and restaurants look great.

My issues with this establishment are with their rooms. My room was not cleaned to my standards. On my first night, I found a large piece of food under the desk from a previous guest and a used tissue next to the beside table. I complained to the front desk staff the next morning who were very apologetic and assured me they would take care of it. However, upon returning to my room that night, both were still there, left untouched. When I complained the next morning during check out, they kindly gave me complementary breakfast.

During business travel, I keep an eye out for places that I would like to return to on vacation. My company paid for this stay but if I were to return to Chicago, I would absolutely not spend my own money at this Hyatt. I understand that mistakes happen and they cannot be everything to everyone. But for being such a highly rated hotel, I was not impressed. I thought their lack of cleanliness and responsiveness were unacceptable and disappointing. I should not have to complain twice for the same issue.

Room Tip: I am a sound sleeper but I think some visitors may have an issue with the noise from planes (this is...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I am terribly sorry that we were unable to respond quickly and efficiently to your concern. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you for sharing your feedback, so that we can use this as a training opportunity to prevent this from happening again.
Mattoon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We arrived in O'Hare and stayed at this fine hotel as were had tickets to see the Bears play the Vikings at Soldier Field. The free shuttle from the airport to the hotel was very easy to find. Hardly a wait time as they run shuttles every 15 minutes to and from the airport. The hotel was immaculate. The dining in the hotel was very pricey but very good. Rosemont is a very cool area. We walked down to the entertainment district the night before the game. We had tickets to see a show at Zanys comedy club. As we turned the corner, there was a large outdoor iceskating rink surrounded by pubs, eateries, bowling alley, and more. The district was all lit up with Christmas lights and it was such a neat experience. The hotel is pretty close (a few blocks) from one of the train stops so for $2.50 each way, we went into the city to Soldier field. Being an avid Bears fan and this being my first experience at Soldier field, it was probably one of my most memorable vacations. We got the prepaid rate at the Hyatt for $69.00 per night. Granted everything else in Chicago area is very expensive, but it was worth it. The beds were unbelievably comfy. I would most definitely stay here again and probably will.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We would love to have you back again! Ice skating at the rink you mentioned is complimentary! You only have to rent the ice skates. Go Bears!

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!