“Poor Cleanliness and Responsiveness” 2 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hartford, Connecticut
“Poor Cleanliness and Responsiveness”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed the Hyatt O'Hare for a business meeting being held there. The food and service associated with our meeting group were excellent. The staff was very attentive to the needs of our group while using their meeting facilities. Their lobby area and restaurants look great.

My issues with this establishment are with their rooms. My room was not cleaned to my standards. On my first night, I found a large piece of food under the desk from a previous guest and a used tissue next to the beside table. I complained to the front desk staff the next morning who were very apologetic and assured me they would take care of it. However, upon returning to my room that night, both were still there, left untouched. When I complained the next morning during check out, they kindly gave me complementary breakfast.

During business travel, I keep an eye out for places that I would like to return to on vacation. My company paid for this stay but if I were to return to Chicago, I would absolutely not spend my own money at this Hyatt. I understand that mistakes happen and they cannot be everything to everyone. But for being such a highly rated hotel, I was not impressed. I thought their lack of cleanliness and responsiveness were unacceptable and disappointing. I should not have to complain twice for the same issue.

Room Tip: I am a sound sleeper but I think some visitors may have an issue with the noise from planes (this is...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I am terribly sorry that we were unable to respond quickly and efficiently to your concern. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you for sharing your feedback, so that we can use this as a training opportunity to prevent this from happening again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Mattoon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We arrived in O'Hare and stayed at this fine hotel as were had tickets to see the Bears play the Vikings at Soldier Field. The free shuttle from the airport to the hotel was very easy to find. Hardly a wait time as they run shuttles every 15 minutes to and from the airport. The hotel was immaculate. The dining in the hotel was very pricey but very good. Rosemont is a very cool area. We walked down to the entertainment district the night before the game. We had tickets to see a show at Zanys comedy club. As we turned the corner, there was a large outdoor iceskating rink surrounded by pubs, eateries, bowling alley, and more. The district was all lit up with Christmas lights and it was such a neat experience. The hotel is pretty close (a few blocks) from one of the train stops so for $2.50 each way, we went into the city to Soldier field. Being an avid Bears fan and this being my first experience at Soldier field, it was probably one of my most memorable vacations. We got the prepaid rate at the Hyatt for $69.00 per night. Granted everything else in Chicago area is very expensive, but it was worth it. The beds were unbelievably comfy. I would most definitely stay here again and probably will.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We would love to have you back again! Ice skating at the rink you mentioned is complimentary! You only have to rent the ice skates. Go Bears!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel service is extraordinary- all staff members were responsive, generous, friendly, and helpful. The building has several good options for food inside of it, its not too far from the train, and the rooms are designed efficiently (and block out the noise) very well from the airplanes that are taking off and landing at O'Hare. The conference space is plenty and was perfect for a large meeting space and several smaller meeting spaces.

Would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a business hotel space for conferences; the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel was easy and quick.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the recommendation! Delighted to hear you thought the staff was extraordinary. Your next visit, you might be interested in our Business Plan. We hope to see you again soon and would love to host your next business meeting!
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed only for 1 night. The hotel is huge...close by the airport, lots of business people around. The room is spacious, very clean and everything extra I asked for was delivered at 3 a.m. including razor, deodrants, shaving cream, toothbrush...all of decent quality.
There is complementary coffe/tea in the room. The hotel design is weired...you walk out of the room and you see a zillion doors all around you...in a square. Reminded me of prisons ...though a 5star prison!
But in terms of cleanliness...5 star.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
We appreciate the feedback. Cleanliness is extremely important to us and delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations. Please visit us again.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed for 1 night and found it to be a beautifully designed building. Associate were both professional and friendly. It was spotless and the bar/restaurant was comfortable. A little pricey but nice. Close to the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would love to invite you back if you are in the area in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed for a couple of days for a meeting that was held in the hotel. A recurrent meeting from last year so knew what to expect, clear yet not that inspiring decor, clean room though removed a squash insect off the bathroom door. Still don't understand why US hotels continue to gouge the traveller for Internet access or worse, make you pay more for higher speeds.

Big issue of the stay was the new multimedia extravaganza that centralized on the TV. I don't want to surf the web or see what's on TV @5:30pm in 3 days time. I just want an HD TV that I can switch on with a clear printed guide, kick back and relax. The new TV system wouldn't turn off, couldn't find a Chanel and wouldn't turn on the next day. The engineer had to come up to my room at 10:30 to turn the thing off. Too complex and a waste of money unless you want to spend hours in your room planning your life around the movie/TV hub in your reasonably staid hotel room.

Room Tip: One without a TV!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I am terribly sorry that you were inconveinanced by the new telelvision system that was recently installed. I sincerely hope that you will be able to join us again as we have corrected the issues.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is unique due to its architecture. It really makes a great first impression. My room was very nice and clean. Further breakfast - big range of fruit (delicious strawberries), omelette according to you, scrambled eggs, bacon, cakes - simply the best selection!!! The location is very close to the airport and hotel shuttle goes to the airport every 15 minutes. Only remark is that you must account with parking fee (around 20 USD per day). Generally I recommend this hotel and I would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!