This trip was my second stay at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, the last time was 7 years ago. I picked this hotel because of the proximity to the convention center. If you're working or attending a show at the convention center, no hotel is more convenient; it's attached by a climate controlled (sort of) walkway.
The hotel is a bit dated, but generally very nice. I haven't stayed in a "regular" room; my room was in one of the round towers. Because of the shape of the towers, the rooms are a bit odd in shape, but the sleeping area is reasonably large and comfortable. The bathrooms, because of the shape of the rooms and the age of the hotel, are a bit small, around 30 square feet total. Only enough room for one person, which makes getting ready a bit more time consuming. (My wife traveled with me this trip).
My biggest issue with the room was the noise level. Because of the proximity to the airport, there is a lot of aircraft noise, however this pretty much stops after about 10pm with the flying day winding down, however it can be a bit annoying when trying to take a little afternoon nap!
The other problem is that, either the walls are very thin or there is some sort of issue with sound traveling around the glass walls. We had to listen to our neighbors engaged in a very spirited "romantic" interlude, as well as another neighbor conducting business on the phone. One morning at around 4 am a couple began a loud discussion regarding their night out. Could have been the romantic couple.
The food at the American Grill in the hotel was very good, though at $18, the breakfast buffet was a bit over priced. Then again, it was convenient.
Would I stay there again? Maybe. There are now several newer hotels almost as convenient that may bear a closer looking at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine from around the country. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel