“Excellent service, close to O'hare and to Rosemont CTA station” 4 of 5 stars

Casino Package
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Walnut, California
“Excellent service, close to O'hare and to Rosemont CTA station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for two nights...our flight arrived early morning. Although they were not able to provide a room right when we arrived (at 8am), they were able to get us a room two hours later. The room was nice, although very small. Bed was nice and comfy, and there was a flat screen with HD TV. They have a 24 hour fitness room for free, and free wi-fi thru the entire hotel - which we loved. We took the CTA into downtown - this is probably the closest hotel to the station - so it is very convenient. The rates were a bit high for the size of the room, but it is Chicago.

ps. Instead of paying $3.75 for a bottle of water, go fill up your empty bottle in the gym!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you very kindly for staying with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and slept well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Forest, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in April for RT convention and it was wonderful! Beautiful Hotel, Clean great Service Wonderful Resturants! Couldn't have gotten Any Better! The staff was knowledgeable and helpful in every aspect!

• Stayed April 2012
We absolutely loved hosting the RT convention! We had so much fun reading all of your responses to our white board questions! We are delighted you enjoyed the stay and hope to have the privilege to host the RT convention next year as well.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Hyatt Regency O'Hare is a well-appointed property that features a spacious and modern lobby area and very comfortable rooms. It is not nearly as convenient to the airport as the Hilton is, but the shuttle ride is quick except at the peak of rush hour.

The best features of this hotel are the rooms and the friendly staff. The people at the front desk seem to be as cheerful and gracious in the middle of the night when they're facing 100 stranded passengers as they do on a bright, sunny afternoon. There are several dining options, but the bar is arguably the best value for the money even with a limited food menu. And the gift shop is open around the clock, which is helpful when your checked bags are unavailable.

The layout of the hotel can be confusing, however. There are multiple towers and wings in the building, and the first few visits can leave guests turned around trying to get to rooms. The fitness center has a good selection of equipment and usually isn't overcrowded, but it too can be hard to find.

As you might expect for an airport hotel, there isn't much in the immediate area. This is a nice place to stay before an early flight, after a late arrival, or when unexpected circumstances dictate an overnight in Chicago.

Room Tip: Hyatt Gold Passport Elite members get their own wing of the building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We happen to think that our friendly staff is our best asset as well. We are excited to share your kind words with the dedicated Front Desk staff who look forward to seeing you again soon!
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Whenever I come into Chicago on business following a long flight from San Diego my first choice is the Hilton O'Hare. Unfortunately, it was not available on my most recent visit so I decided to give the Hyatt Regency a shot. On a positive note, the rooms are nice, they have a nice lobby area, and there is no charge for Wifi or to use the gym (though it seems the gym was an after thought based on the sparse equipment). Now the minuses--(1) depending upon what time you arrive, following the pick up of your rental car the exit ramp to the hotel is a real pain to maneuver (through no fault of the hotel).What should take 5 minutes to get to the hotel can easily take 20 minutes in rush hour traffic due to the horrible merge that leads you to River Road. (2) my initial room had a musty (amonia, almost cat-urine like) smell coming out of the air conditioner vent. I was moved to a different room where I had the pleasure of being woken up to the sound of nearby planes taking off starting at 5:45AM (have never encountered this at the Hilton).

Based on this, I doubt I will ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. A restful night's sleep is one of the most basic services that we can provide you. I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss this. Please contact the hotel directly so that we can learn more about your stay in an effort to regain your confidence in the Hyatt Regency O'Hare.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times when flying on an early flight out of O'Hare. The rooms are all clean and attractive and some of them have balconies or floor to ceiling windows. The staff is helpful and friendly. The park/fly arrangement is for up to 2 weeks of free parking making the hotel room virtually the same price as parking alone elsewhere. The shuttle is every 15 minutes, 24/7. What a great alternative to expensive airport parking or driving late at night from Wisconsin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We would much rather you get a restful night's sleep and then drive back home to Wisconsin! We are so glad that you find our hotel staff helpful and friendly. We look forward to hosting you and your car again soon!
Malibu, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Like a previous reviewer, we stayed at the hotel one night, courtesy of an airline for their delay. We were tired from a long day spent at the Copenhagen airport and our international flight. We found their airport pick up and checkin to be efficient and the room to be clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are happy that you enjoyed your unexpected stay with us. We would love to invite you back to stay with us again, this time perhaps for a planned trip! Thank you for the great review!
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was stuck in Chicago due to airline mechanical problems and given a voucher for the Hyatt Regency. The Hyatt's operator gave inaccurate instructions for finding the hotel shuttle pick-up area which is somewhat hidden and without signage (an airport design problem) but followed the shuttle when I saw it come around the arrival area. On check-in I asked for an amenities kit as my luggage had been checked through to my ultimate destination and the clerk was extremely helpful in making sure I had everything I needed and then gave me a list of things available that I may have forgotten.

As can be seen by the photo, the room was very nice with a large work area and more than one electrical outlet; a rarity. The bathroom was a little small but adequate. There was also a fairly large balcony but nothing to look at.

The public areas are very modern and well designed and the interior architecture is very striking.

Service in the O'H American Grill for breakfast was very efficient and quick. No idea what the quality of the food or service at dinner was. Again the decor was modern and appealing although I don't get the silver Christmas balls on the gold metal trees.

Now for the bad. I arrived rather late and chose to get a quick dinner at the Red Bar which had a full dinner menu. Service was abysmal. Every party which sat at the tables at the front of the bar area had to ask for service after waiting as long as 10 minutes and watching at least 6 different servers, managers, and other employees walk by without even looking. (I couldn't tell how fast tables behind the bar area were receiving service). I ordered a gin and tonic and a wine to have with my meal. Both drinks were delivered at the same time. OK, the red wine has to breath, no biggy. After taking a sip from my gin and tonic, I told one of the supervisors(?) that I was going to run to my room (1 floor up) and would be right back. Gone well under 5 minutes, I returned to find that a waiter was clearing my table of the nearly full gin and tonic and completely full wine glass.

The meal was fine, actually fairly good for bar food but the service in the Red Bar is as I said, abysmal.

Room Tip: This is not a hotel I would choose for a leisure trip but would probably opt for a higher room if I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. It gives us the opportunity to learn from our opportunities in an effort to improve service for our guests in the future and congratulate the areas that are exceeding our guests expectations. We hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!