“Nice hotel, small bathroom” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Sleep, Fly
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice hotel, small bathroom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

For my needs, this hotel was perfectly fine. I only needed some place to eat, sleep for one night so I had no problems with the room. It was clean, nicely decorated, plenty of space for my computer, free wifi. The front desk staff was excellent! Very helpful during check in. Room service staff was also fantastic. Food was great.

But the room/bath was tiny. In all fairness I am going to assume that not all their rooms are oddly shaped/small. I was on the fifth floor in one of the 'towers'. The bathroom was 4.5 feet by 5 feet (I counted the 12x12 bath tiles) total with a 3 ft x 3 ft shower attached with one tiny corner shelf barely big enough to hold your mini shampoo, conditioner, mini bar of soap. I think that had I been staying at this hotel for any length of time I would gotten claustrophobic.

The night I stayed (mid July 2012) there was a fairly major storm that blew through starting around 830-9p. I was just settling in with a favorite TV show after a really long day only to have the TV service go out because this hotel uses DirecTV. I waited for about 15 minutes for it to come back on before finally giving up and using my iPad to watch HBOGo.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Hauppauge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My flight got cancelled at O'Hare and I was stuck to find a hotel for the night by the airport. I settled for this hotel at $199 a night. Keep in mind, I had previously been staying at the Hyatt Downtown for $95 via Priceline and I found that one was MUCH nicer.

I do believe this Hyatt is one of the nicer hotels near the airport but I was disappointed with the room having come from the other Hyatt. I was here for business alone so it was big enough but had I been here with my wife, it would have been a small room. I got a room near the parking garage, on the first floor so I am guessing there are bigger and nicer rooms than the one I got.

The lobby however was really nice and worthy of the Hyatt brand name. Restaurant and two bars plus a gift shop and FedEx Office made the one night very bearable to stay here. The location was great and I was able to walk to a movie theatre 5 minutes away. There were some restaurants and other things which took about 15-20 minutes to walk to.

I probably would have better things to say about the hotel if I hadn't been at the other (nicer) Hyatt for half the price. I just felt the room was a big downgrade from the previous stay. Room service did not run 24 hours at this location and the sound of airplanes flying over me was loud in the room (although I am sure every hotel has this problem in the area).

All in all, things could have been ALOT worse, but I did think the hotel was more worthy of a 3.5 star, than 4 star hotel. My room (especially the bathroom) was outdated and they stuck me in nowhereville in the hotel (like i said, next to the parking garage). I would have preferred to be in one of the rooms overlooking the lobby.

No pool at the hotel and the location has more to offer than the hotel itself.

I would only recommend staying here if it is for one night, and you need to be close to the airport and the only thing you need is a nice, clean room with a lobby that serves drinks and food.
Vacationers should avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was my first stay for a meeting held in the hotel.

I used the kiosk to register and other than getting assigned a room that had not been made up yet (and I did not stay around long enought to figure out if anyone was in it! LOL), the rooms and service were great. The only minor issue was that I had a room in the "pod" extending from the corners. The sounds in the circular hallway echo and it can get quite noisy.

They should get extra credit for the large number of staff who are there to help at all times - very impressive.

The shuttle service to ORD was efficient and they always seemed to have enough buses available for the run.

The meeting rooms were great, but the chairs are the worse for wear. In a meeting room for 8, we had to request 3 be replaced because the chairs were unstable. The lunch service very good and meeting managers were highly responsive to our needs.

Room Tip: Depending on runway use, the rooms on the north side can be a little noisy with flights landing. Ho...
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here on my last day in chicago before I had to leave for O'Hare the next day...Very nice rooms, free internet, a big TV and convenient location close to public transport into the city (takes about 35mins).

P.S. you can get awesome deals for this hotel ;)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

A very spacious hotel with nice rooms. Clean, lots of staff available if you need to ask anything.

Expect to pay for daily parking, wi-fi available but may be slow at peak. Avoid the grill on LL but room service is good, but a little pricey.

Room Tip: Avoid the Grill and the Starbucks/Perks shop. Grill is overpriced and the Starbucks/Perks is very li...
Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We made an impromptu visit to Chicago and got a great special price at the Hyatt. Since my husband had an early flight out of OHare on Monday we took advantage of the deal.
What we didn't know was that they really rob you on parking. It's around $22.00 a day for guests!! (I'd hate to see what they charge for valet) We figured that's where they make up their money on their "special deals". Anyway, we sucked up and paid the ridiculous fee.
The room was really nice and comfortable. We were put on the main floor; rooms tucked away to the right of the ramp coming in from the parking garage. It was very quiet there. We loved the shower (always looking for a good shower) and the bed was ultra comfortable. They also have a full mini-bar in the room; which you don't see that often anymore.
We ate dinner at the hotel bar, Red Bar, and we had exceptional service and food! Yes the food was awesome! They serve fresh sushi beginning at 4pm. Their burger is ridiculously delicious. We ate there two of the three nights we stayed. Breakfast was just as yummy. The food was fresh, with ample portions. And the coffee is awesome!!
Other than the parking fee, this was a relaxing and welcome respite for us. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floors. The main floor rooms (#200's) are tucked away and very quiet from the...
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was bumped by the airlines and they provided a room at this hotel. This Hyatt is exceptional from the drive up presentation, to the staff, continuing on to the room. There is nothing negative I can say about my experience here. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
What a wonderfuly review that you wrote! Thank you so much for the kind words, especially because your last-minute change of plans brought you to us instead of where you had planned to be! Thank you so much and we look forward to your planned return!

Best,

Nicole Casey
Operations Training Manager
Hyatt Regency O'Hare

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!