“Hyatt Regency O'Hare (Airport)” 4 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cary, North Carolina
“Hyatt Regency O'Hare (Airport)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Nice facility, appears to be modern. Staff very friendly and helpful. Resturant in hotel nice with good food but expensive. Only place to eat nearby (within walking distance) are 2 steak places that are also expensive. Hotel has free shuttle to O'Hare Airport. Hotel has a nice gift shop that's open 24x7.

Rooms are comfortable and clean.

Note: if you enter the hotel from the street, the front desk is on the second floor.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your stay! I'm delighted to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. If there is anything that I can do for you in the future, please feel free to let me know.

Nicole Casey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Hotel is quiet (for being so close to the airport), easy to get to, and the shuttle service is what they advertise. My husband and I used this through Park & Fly (we stayed the night BEFORE our flight). The shuttle left on time (I'm not sure the exact schedule but it's at least every 15 minutes or quicker), was clean, and dropped us off right where we needed to be. The room was modern, clean, and had a comfortable bed. I felt like the price was amazing (we paid about $120 for one night and 8 nights parking - considering airport parking even in the furthest out lot is I think $9 a day now, it wasn't a bad deal at all). The return was easy too - we just called the hotel and the shuttle was there within 15 minutes. They have a nice garage so there's no danger of weather affecting your car (hail/snow/ice/etc). Will definitely use this again. We've stayed twice through Park & Fly and both times were pleased. Check in is also super fast and easy!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
We are delighted that you and your husband had a great stay and could enjoy a worry-free vacation while your car was safe with us. Thank you for the 5 star review!

Bismarck
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I am an architecture fan and I LOVED the look of this property. The atrium is very impressive and I always enjoy staying at a beautiful hotel. The experience continues into the guest rooms (I had an executive wing king room) which are a bit smallish and low-ceilinged but make up for it with great decor. The room was in good condition, very quiet and overall quite satisfactory. I didn't want to leave.

The staff was uniformly friendly - I arrived after a long day of travel. Shuttle driver was pleasant even though our suitcases were enormous and I didn't have any US currency for a tip! The front desk staff was great, as was the attendant at the Regency Club, which has a fabulous breakfast service and was worth the cost.

As far as I'm concerned, this is my new O'hare stop-over hotel.

Room Tip: Executive wing is a bit of a walk, but nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the Regency Club breakfast service; I would have to agree that it is well worth the cost. Should you be in the area again, we'd love to have you back!

Warm regards,

Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Booked my stay at this property via third party website and was pleasantly surprised. Gorgeous property. The lobby is huge and spacious and check in was easy and fast. They asked for floor preference so we took the high road. Ended up in one of the two "towers" which was nice. Not much of a view but don't really care. Rooms were spacious enough and clean with modern decor. Nice flat panel tv. The only negative (and I sound like a broken record on this) but you have to pay to park about $22/night. Why don't hotels get a clue and just absorb this extra fee into their room rates so we don't have to see it. Also, if you're not a Hyatt Gold member you have to pay $10/day for Internet. Also another item they could absorb into the room rate and let us think it's complementary. It's such a better marketing tactic in my opinion. When I choose hotels I look for free parking and included Internet so I never would have picked this hotel had the third party website not done it for me despite how nice it may be.

Location was good if you need to be near the airport or even if you want to visit downtown we took the blue line train from the station just a short walk from here.

Overall, a great place to stay. Breakfast was good albeit a bit pricy at about $20/person for the buffet. Totally would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. On average, only about 20% of our guests park vehicles at the hotel and therefore we do not include it in the price of the guest room; majority of our guests arrive via the 24 hour complimentary shuttle from the airport shuttle center. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment.

Gomel, Belarus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed in "Hyatt Regency O'Hare" in July 2010 for 3 weeks of business trip.

When I arrived I waited for a long for hotel's shuttle bus and finally got a tax.

It's a big hotel with amazing lobby. Room was quit big, clean with an amazing king size bed and wide-screen TV set. There was built-in condition working 24h per day.

It's located far from downtown and it took around 40min to get there.

What was annoying a bit is that ice-machine located in corridor quit close to my room made noise even in nights :).

When I checked in TV set wasn't working but it was fixed soon. In the morning I received a voice message from a manager with apologize.

If you want to eat something there are several places inside hotel and around it but prices are quit high.

Room Tip: In general quit a good impression. This hotel is quit good for business trips, conferences and weddi...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Our 24 hour shuttle picks up from the Shuttle Center at the O'Hare International Airport. This is in a separate location from where the taxis are positioned at the airport. I apologize if the shuttle was delayed, and wanted to clarify the location for any future travels. Thank you for all of your valuable feedback as we constantly strive to improve our product and services.

Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stay in over 200 hotels a year. This hotel is an excellent hotel. I requested a allergy free room. They were able to accommodate me and my room was spacious and the furniture was very nice along with the TV and all amenities. It was very clean! The beds and linens were plush and comfy. The bathroom is the only draw back to the room. It is small. The HVAC worked perfectly.
The restaurant and bar is nice and the food is good however the menu seems to be somewhat limited. The hotel service staff is very helpful and polite, however I did not have any glitches.
I rate this hotel at the top of my favorite hotels and excellent for comfort!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Springfield, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed one night prior to a flight to NYC for Spring Break. We didn't arrive until after midnight and had to wait a few minutes to check in, but after that it was smooth sailing. We were put in the Executive Wing, and I agree it didn't seem to be "special" and it was quite a walk, but not a big deal, there was a lot more walking to come on vacation!

The beds were very comfortable, and the ability to leave our car in their parking ramp for the entire week really made it a great deal for us.

We had breakfast in the lobby reastaurant, and it was tasty and our waitress "Jae?" was wonderful. The price, did prep us for NYC prices though. :)

We will definitely stay here again when flying out of O'Hare.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!