“Great location, where is the pool?” 4 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Haleiwa, Hawaii
“Great location, where is the pool?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare for 3 nights attending a trade show at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center. The convention center is connected by a walkway from the hotel - what is very convenient.

The hotel was modern and the service was good. My room was on the Executive Floor and had all expected features. The internet was very fast, but I selected the premium service.

I would have loved a minibar in the room.

The Gym and the Hyatt Regency club was next to the lobby. It felt a little strange to have to walk through the lobby on my way to a work out. The Gym was nice. I was surprised the property did not offer a pool.

I thought a $22.50 parking fee per night was expensive.

As a Hyatt Diamond member I have access to a complimentary breakfast in the club. The breakfast in the club room is always substandard compared to the buffet in the restaurant. SInce club access was free for me, I would have gladly pay a little more for the regular hot buffet. I wonder why Hyatt would not offer a discount for those that have access to a free breakfast but are willing to pay for the buffet

it was well worth paying $3.50 for a double expresso at the hotel Starbucks, instead of relying on the coffee machine at the Hyatt Regency club room.I always wonder why hotels not improve the quality of their expresso machines.

Overall I was satisfied with the hotel and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Thank you for being a Diamond member, one of Hyatt's most loyal customers! We are truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay. If you would like to contact the hotel directly, we would be more than happy to review with you all of the many benefits you receive and can enjoy as a Diamond member when staying with us, including how breakfast and Internet work. Safe travels and we sincerely hope that we will see you again soon!

Hyatt Regency O'Hare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The decor is beautiful but cold. The rooms are small for the midwest but well decorated. Breakfast was good but for the price ($25 w/o tip) should have been outstanding.

Room Tip: Bring a pillow if you can.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hyatt Regency O'Hare while traveling. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and I am truly sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations. If you find yourself in the area again in the future, please contact the hotel directly so that we can better assist you during your next stay.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I've stayed at this location 3 times - March 2008, September 2009 and December 2011. All 3 times have been a wonderful experience. The hotel is simply beautiful on the inside, the decor is stunning & it gives the hotel a warm yet classy feel. The rooms are amazing, extremely spacious and of course very clean. The only negative would be having to pay for parking, but aside from that this hotel is nearly perfect. I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
I am thrilled to hear that you had another enjoyable stay at our property. Your recommendation is truly important to us. We look forward to your return as much as you look forward to the next stay!

Columbia City, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Upon entering the hotel, I was impressed with the decor and glass stairway, the lobby area seemed as though it had been recently updated to a more modern style. Hotel staff seemed friendly, but not overly enthusiastic. We had to cross the hotel lobby to get to the are where our room was and the hallways were very cold. Our room was clean and orderly and we didn't have any problems or issues with the hotel. However the parking gate was very frustrating. They gave us an entry key to get in/out of parking garage (which you have to pay for parking) but the card didn't work. This was the only issue we had with this hotel. Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very proud of our 64 million dollar renovation. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered. Rest assured that your feedback will be taken very seriously.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel is right next to the Ohare airport and offers a free shuttle service that runs every 20 minutes. The facility is perfect for an overnight stay and it also has large meeting rooms for convention activities.
The rooms are small but clean, comfortable, and well decorated. The bed is excellent .The rooms have a spacious desk and comfortable chairs and lamps for work. The WiFi service cost about $10.00 per day and it is fast and reliable. The bathrooms are small especially the shower but the hotel offers all the amenities of a full service hotel. They even have toothpaste!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our complimentary shuttle departs every 15 minutes between 4 A.M. and midnight and every 30 minutes between midnight and 4 A.M. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is probably my third time staying at this hotel. I remember coming here 10 years ago and now the hotel looks completely different!! The renovations are AMAZING! I love how modern and luxurious the hotel looks!

When we first arrived we were trying to get into our room but the key was not working. I tried to call the hotel operator and she told me the same directions the woman at the front desk told me but the keys still did not work. After bringing the keys back down the woman at the front desk was able to switch the keys and that finally worked! The room itself is small but very modern and cozy! We had a great view and the bed was super comfy and the bathroom was nice as well. They don't provide you with many towels though. We opted for the valet parking during our stay and it was money well spent! The valet people are very nice and we could call in advance from our room so our car would be ready by the time we got downstairs. I definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family traveling to Chicago! I go to Chicago once a year and this is one of my favorite hotels!

Room Tip: Ask for a nice room if you want one otherwise they will put you in a small room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Your recommendation is our most valued compliment. We are very proud of the recent renovation and glad you feel the difference from your last visit. Thank you for all of the feedback, as it truly is important to the success of our property. We look forward to your next stay.

Operations Training Manger
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

The room was nice, comfortable, and very functional. The Stay Fit facility was excellent. However, with no convention next door, I have never seen a hotel this dead. My one real complaint is that you have to eat in the bar at night. Not very conducive to a relaxing dinner.

• Stayed January 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel guest room accommodations and the updated 24 hour Stay Fit gym. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Hyatt Regency O'Hare

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!