This hotel has a park sleep fly option on their website. We arrived late, got a good nights sleep, and showered in the morning before leaving, so my review will be centered on that experience. For less than the price of parking for two weeks at the airport, this is a steal!
There was a line at arrival for check-in, so I was ushered to one of the kiosks, since I had already booked for faster service. It was simple, and I even got to choose how many keys I needed, and what general floor we would like.
I chose a lower floor, and still had to take a small flight of stairs to our room. We were put into one of the King rooms in the towers. It wasn't bad... in fact it was great. The bed was a true king. It was made up very fancy. There was a large screen TV, which would have been nice to use (we used it sparingly). There is a Timex alarm clock with an iPod/iPhone dock, which worked well for us. There is free coffee in the room, as well as a fridge stocked full (be aware, take anything out and you've paid for it. My 2 year old was a good boy, and we got away free). The room was large enough for us and our luggage.
The bathroom was a bit small, and didn't have a bath. Other than that, the soap was good, although a bit girly smelling, and everything was comfortable there. The hair dryer worked well, too.
Our biggest complaint was the noise from the airport. Planes land very close by, and in the corner of the hotel we were in, they were loud and frequent. My wife fell asleep quickly, I had a more difficult time. Your mileage may vary.
The pillows are also a complaint. We weren't there long, so we don't know if they have firmer pillows available. The ones we had in the room were all squishy, even for me. I'd bring your own if you need something firmer, or make sure they have firmer there before arrival.
The shuttle gets good reviews, and on the way to the airport, it was rather good. There was a shuttle about to depart as we were leaving, so I couldn't tell you how often they leave.
Arriving back at O'Hare was another story. We came into terminal 5, and were told to go to 5E and wait. It was a Friday night, and we were told traffic was really bad, and there would be a delay. The delay would up being 90 minutes. We could have retreated back into the airport for a drink and a snack, but the front desk wasn't a big help, as they didn't have a time estimate. If you are in a similar situation, ask for the transportation department, and they should be able to help with an estimate.
Otherwise a great stay. I would use it again if flying out of O'Hare and needed a place to park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine from around the country. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel