“Very nice hotel close to the blue line” 4 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Very nice hotel close to the blue line”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for convention and sightseeing and found the location next to the airport and the blue line Rosemont station very worked out well and allowed for no need to rent a car and deal with crazy Chicago Traffic and parking fees. The hotel Red Bar serves decent sushi and food and the main O'H dinning was better than expected. The executive wing was a little further away from and provide a little more quite than a typical Hyatt but the rooms appeared to be the same as regular Hyatt rooms. Check in and out were very easy and the free airport shuttle was always available.

Room Tip: Use the free airport shuttle and pass on the rental car.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you for staying with us. I sincerely hope that we were able to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Should you need anything else at all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at Nicole.Casey@Hyatt.com.

Best,

Operations Training Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. My room was not huge, but was great quality with everything I needed and more. The room was very high quality with leather headboard and chairs and quartz countertops. Well laid out, with a huge wall size window for watching planes on their final approach landing at O'Hare. Close to the CTA blue line, and connected by indoor walkway to the Donald Stephens Convention Center. There are 3 other hotels also connected to the Convention Center by walkway, and the Hyatt is a longer walk from the Convention Center than the Hilton (which is the closest), but no more than 5 minutes difference. Not enough to deter me from staying at the Hyatt again. Most of the doors to the guestrooms are visible from the giant atrium and the glass elevators are in the center of the atrium. These features made me feel safe (as a female staying there alone). The front desk staff were all very helpful and they let me do early check-in and late check-out for no additional fee. Really nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
The front desk staff will be delighted to hear your feedback. I'm so glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable, and safe stay. As a female traveler, I can certainly understand the importance of safety. You may appreciate that we have Security on staff 24 hours a day. In addition to the walkways, we are also located directly across the street from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again!

Santa Cruz, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is a great hotel for proximity to the airport and the ability to catch the CTA into downtown as well. Very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Our shuttle to and from O'Hare International Airport is available 24 hours a day. We look forward to sharing your feedback with the associates. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Unfortunately the annual convention my husband attends is held in this area. It is so far from the centre of Chicago. A train ride takes approx 30 - 40 minutes and a taxi much longer. There are no amenities except for a really expensive coffee shop.. The bar restaurant served tasty food. No pool or any facilities eg hair salon etc for spouses. The convention is going to be here for the next three years and I may try the doubletree or other choices if they have a pool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We do have a 24 Stay Fit gym and our Concierge would be more than happy to make some recommendations on services available within the area. Please feel free to contact me directly before your husband's next convention. Perhaps we can further discuss some options available to you prior to your arrival.

Best Regards,
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

The hotel is very close to the airport and the blue line train station (6' walk). The staffs are nice and helpful. The shuttles come on time (every 15', on the quarters), which is GREAT for plane catchers.

I got a corner room, which came in an irregular shape. The bed area is nice and clean, but I have to say the bathroom was not, as I saw some floss and plastics behind the bathroom door. The walls were not sound-proof, as I could hear things from next doors.

Other than that, it has everything you expect from a 4-star hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Background: I was in Chicago (Tinley Park) for the day and as I usually do I stayed at the airport so that I could leave the next day without the drama of getting from Downton to O'Hare

Pros: Location and the staff

Cons: Felt rundown and unkept. The hotel is huge not a great choice if you just want to get in and out of a hotel quickly.

I checked in late in the evening roughly 12:30. The gentleman at the front desk Phillip was very nice. Confirmed everything on my reservation and got me to my room quickly. The ambiance of the hotel lobby is nice super high ceilings (up to the roof) a nice looking restaurant but the hotel is just way to big for business travelers in my opinion. I am a big fan of hotels that that you can get in and out of quickly. It should not take 10 minutes to get from your room to the front desk.

Cleanliness seemed to be pretty subpar. When I checked into my room there was a tray or old food still sitting in from of my doorstep. When I left my room at noon the next morning the food was still there. This was the case for many doors along the hall that I was in. I saw someone walking down the hall with a trash bin but he was not picking anything up. It just seemed unsanitary.

The room was spacious and the internet worked well. If you are a hyatt gold memeber you get an upgrade for free on the speed level. The bed was comfy but the carpet seemed old and dirty. It could have just been the color and pattern but it just seemed dingy the same went for the bathroom.

All and all would it kill me to go back and stay here again? No I would stay here again because I like getting Hyatt points but I would suggest staying at the intercontinental about two blocks down from this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
I look forward to share your comments with Philip at the Front Desk as well as other involved departments. Please contact me prior to your next trip to Chicago; I'd love to see what we can do to better accommodate your trip from the lobby to your guest room. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to review our hotel.

Best,
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Usually I can count on Hyatt hotels to have certain standards which means for me, no unwanted surprises; not true at this hotel. First, room was not very clean on arrival & had to ask housekeeping to come up & re-clean. I did ask to be moved but they had no other rooms with 2 beds available. Next, 3 room lights were out: 2 needed new bulbs & one was unplugged (but behind furniture I could not reach). Service to fix was prompt.

Room furniture & decor was ok but nothing special; bed was comfortable. Balcony was a nice touch but rooms that have these are a bit smaller than other rooms...an acceptable trade-off to me. Front desk service was good. They did their best to fix my complaints & pretty much did so...what I didn't like was making several calls & wasting my time to get the room in acceptable condition. Was in town only for 1 night for a special event & spending time away from the event dealing with hotel room issues had not been in my plans. To be fair, they did offer F&B credit for the inconvenience, which helped, but would have preferred having a clean room, in good working condition, on arrival instead.

Not a tragic or horrid experience, just a disappointing stay. Will I give up on Hyatt chain based on 1 negative experience, no, as this was probably a one-off occurrence. I've had great stays in other locations & as I said earlier, usually I am quite happy with their rooms/hotels.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
I am sorry to hear that we were unable to exceed your expectations. I can assure you that a clean, comfortable room is the most basic service we can provide and I understand how frustrating that must have been for you. I can assure you that we take these comments very seriously and will follow up with the departments involved. Thank you for not giving up on the Hyatt, as this is certainly not typical of the service we strive to provide.

Operations Training Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!