“No parking for buses or trailers!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Houston area, Texas
“No parking for buses or trailers!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

We used this hotel for a convention we were exhibiting at across the street. When we arrived we realized there is a parking garage and they WILL NOT let you park your vehicle with a trailer there. Front desk clerk told us to speak to concierge. They told us to drive around to a DIRT LOT with no lights/security and leave our trailer there. (Luckily after the first night we were able to park our trailer at the convention center-until the night before leaving.)
We wound up driving around the corner and parking in the lot at the Crown Plaza (open parking). From there we were able to walk through the CP parking garage to the DoubleTree. The CP staff were super friendly.
Parking does cost around $13-23 per day for ONE spot. We paid more at CP due to the trailer.
Internet: not free. We took our own 4g connection. In our room on the 6th floor we were in between 2 buildings and connection was spotty.
Many people mention the skywalk. It takes FORevER to get to the convention center that way. Was much faster to walk across the street.
2 resturants attached, a high dollar but delicious steak house (try the antipasto for an appetizer. Best salami ever!), and a tiny bistro with so-so food and terrible service.
Our room had a tub and stand alone shower. No fridge or microwave. Cute 2 cup coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Dear sexymedusa:
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton O'Hare Rosemont. I understand you were staying at our facility for a convention across the street. You are correct that the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center lot has a height maximum, and sometimes is unable to accommodate trailers and RVs. Our staff was able to offer an alternative for parking, however it is at the owner's risk to use that lot. The other option is to pay to park at a neighboring hotel that has an outdoor lot.
I'm glad you mentioned that it is faster to walk to the convention center via street crossing instead of the skywalk. I agree, the skywalk is a long walk, and is best used when we have inclement weather.
Thank you again for your comments. I hope you will consider us again next year for your show.
Director of Revenue Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Our daughter had a dance convention/competition at the Hyatt. The host hotel was much more expensive and didn't have breakfast included. Parking was almost double. So we decided to stay at the DoubleTree.

Check in was fast, painless. Warm cookies much appreciated! What stood out to me most was the cleanliness and elegance of the place. Rooms were nice size. Very comfortable beds, great night sleep. There was a tub and separate shower which was nice in terms of options. Good water pressure and temperature. Flat screen TV had good reception. Phenomenal breakfast (we purchased the room with breakfast option as there were 3 of us...more reasonable). Hot and cold items, made to order omlettes. Very good! The Fitness Center was small, but nice. Had adequate equipment. It offered towels and fresh water (with lemons/oranges in the cooler) as well as water bottles. Nice, personal touch. TVs on the machines you could control.

The only things I could recommend is to have free internet ($11+/day) and a small refridgerator and microwave, however, that is the nature of the area. The host hotel of our event didn't either. Another par for the course of the area is having to pay for parking. They had good options though. $13/24 hrs no in/out option or $20/24 hrs with in/out option. I think there was a valet option too.

All in all great rooms, clean, comfy. Attentive staff. Good food. A++++++++ We've followed the recommendations of trip advisor for years and they never lead us wrong. This time was no different. So I always make sure we come back to this site and "tell it like it is" for others.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear travelingmomChicago:
Thank you so much for your positive review of our Doubletree by Hilton O'Hare Rosemont. We are so glad that our accommodations and services met your needs. To expand on your comments, our parking garage is owned by the Village of Rosemont and therefore the pricing of parking is at the hand of the Village.
We hope you will choose us again when you return to Rosemont for your daughter's next dance competition. Our warm Doubletree cookies are waiting for you!
mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

i got a room facing the front. it;s like staying on the street, very noisy. The front desk people we not useful at all. find somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear davomx:
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton O'Hare Rosemont. I apologize that you were disrupted by the noise from the street. Our hotel is located off a main street that runs through the Village of Rosemont, and is located across from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Most traffic that is around our facility is during any conventions or expos at the Center.
In regards to staff usefulness, these comments will be brought to management and addressed. We train our staff members to provide the best service and to accommodate the guest's needs.
We hope you will try our hotel again when traveling to the Rosemont area. We are waiting to welcome you with our signature warm Doubletree cookie!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Quick check-in service. Warm cookies at check-in were yummy. Parking fees were a bit confusing since the hotel is adjacent to a city parking ramp and uses that.

Our room was nice. Coffee maker, but no microwave or refrigerator. The pool was nice. The kids enjoyed it greatly. Nice thick towels at the pool area.

The hotel is across the street from the Donald E Stephens Convention center, and there is a walkway adjacent to the hotel if the weather is bad to walk to the center.

I liked the location since we were attending a dance competition for my daughter at the convention center. It was easy to get to. The thing I liked least was the additional charges for parking at the hotel. They have no parking of their own. Also, there is no complimentary breakfast, which many hotels seem to have these days.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Central Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the DoubleTree! I was here for a conference and my wife tagged along for a little time away (or maybe just for the warm cookie). Doubletree is always a great go-to hotel for me because I always know it'll be a nice experience. The Staff was great as usual and the room was comfortable and larger than nearby competitiors. I actually used this stay as a great example of a nice Signature Gesture in a recent corporate training I facilitated. Overall, it was a nice experience and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, November 3, 2010
Dear madsquirrel,
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel, the Doubletree O'Hare. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We host many conferences, and we are always looking for feedback on our service and accommodations.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!
Amanda Lynch
Highland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed here because its a cross the street from the convention center. I was working at a trade show and spend most of my time at the convention center. However, the hotel had some postive attributes. Our room was very clean and the beds where very comfortable. Also use of the business center was included with hotel stay which was very helpful. I would stay here again but I did have some issues with this hotel. The ice machine on my floor was broken so I had to continously go down a floor. While showering I would lose water pressure for 3-5 second periods. Rooms with two beds where small. Instead of getting two queen size beds, we had two full size beds. I would not recommend putting four people to a room. No free breakfast or happpy hour at the Doubletree. The restaurant in the hotel was small and always had a line that stretched across the lobby and made it difficult to walk through Another restaurant near the hotel was Gibson's. I did not eat there, food was very expensive. The elevators where small, only four people with luggage could fit comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear VayK1:
Thank you for your review of the Doubletree O'Hare Rosemont. Being across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center, we definitely get our share of convention attendees. Thank you for your comments about our accommodations and cleanliness. We understand it gets busy during convention dates, and do our best to staff appropriately during these times.
We will definitely review the other comments with our operations team.

Thank you again for your comments. Learning about people's stay is our best way for us to improve ourselves for future guests.

Amanda Lynch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I bid a 3 1/2 star hotel on the South O'Hare zone on priceline and won this hotel. For the $42 a night charge it can't be beat!
We arrived August 31st for 2 nights. I had some trouble finding a place to park so I could check in. There were reserved spots for Valet parking, their shuttle van and a UPS truck. I finally pulled up behind the UPS truck. Check in was quick and efficient. They explained about the parking fee - $20 a night for in out or $16 a night if you don't leave. I asked if there was a skywalk between the parking garage and hotel and was told it was on the second floor. Good thing I asked I would have parked on the first floor. You have to use room key to access the skywalk so check in before going into the parking garage.
Our room was on the 2nd floor which made it very handy to use the skywalk to the parking garage. The room had 2 double beds, a nice size bathroom with large sink counter, a tub and separte large shower. There is a mini bar in the room stocked with typically over priced items (Snickers candy bar $1.95) but the selection for pop, beer and alcohol was good if you didn't mind the price. The room was clean and well cared for. When I tryed to make coffee the first morning, I couldn't get the coffee maker to work, called the front desk and housekeeping brought one up within a few minutes.
The 2nd floor also has the fitness room, swimming pool (which was pretty small) and whirlpool. Free bottles of water, lemon water and fruit are offered in the fitness room - a nice touch.
There are 2 restaurants in the hotel. One is higher pricer (range between $30-$50 per meal) the other slightly lower and more casual (range between $25-$30). We ate at the more casual one - the food was good and as was the service. There is also a small shop that serves Starbucks coffee and pastries along with overpriced sundry items and a few souvenirs. We did get two tall coffees and 2 Krispy Kreme doughnuts for about $9.00
The hotel is located about 3 blocks from the "el" station which makes it convenient to take into Chicago - it is about a 40 minute ride. Surrounding the hotel are other hotels (Embassy Suites, Crowne Plaza, etc.) so they all have restaurants as well. There is not much else within 4 - 6 blocks as far as restaurants.
We did eat at a Mexican restauant which was probably half a mile - next door to it is a liqour store and also a Baskin Robbins .
Although the hotel is located close to O'Hare we rarely heard planes. We could hear some noise in the hallway and slamming of doors but nothing too extreme or that would keep us awake.
Overall the Doubletree is a nice hotel - I would stay here again even if I had to pay more.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont? Share your experiences!