“Good Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference. Quick trip to O'Hare, a short walk to a number of very good restaurants and the Outlet Mall. The Convention Center is right across the street. The rooms are nice, the small fridge is useful. The breakfast buffet is very nice, lots of choices. I got it free as a Hilton Honors member, it's a little pricy to pay for. Parking is $28 for valet, too pricy for me, $13 for self park. The proximity to restaurants is a real plus. I'd stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your candid and detailed feedback about our hotel which you provided on Trip Advisor. We value your opinion and do share these with our management team. We apologize for falling short of your expectations in some areas and assure you that we will work on making improvements.

We do appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for recommending us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Ruby M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My coworkers and I were attending a conference at the convention center across the street, so the location was very convenient. Also, it's a 5 minute walk to the L-train, so access to the city is easy. The hotel picks up from the airport (follow the signs for "shuttle transportation") every 20 minutes starting on the hour and the same for drop-off. The hotel lobby is nicely decorated and there's always a vat of iced fruit-infused water available next to the main desk which is nice.

When I arrived, I picked up my keys and went to my room. I tried both keys (and in several different configurations...just in case I was so tired I wasn't reading correctly) with no success. When I brought the keys down to the front desk and mentioned the problem, the first thing she mentioned was...did you put it in the correct way? I was already pretty irritated that my keys weren't working but this pissed me off that she automatically assumed I was an idiot. On top of that, when I talked to my co-worker a few minutes later, she mentioned that another hotel employee had mentioned that the keys weren't working correctly. So, it was a known problem and the front desk assistant STILL assumed I couldn't work a key card correctly. When I tried the keys the second time...they still didn't work. Luckily, my roommate was nearby and let me in and she gave me one of her keys. Finally, on the last day of our trip her key stopped working so between the 4 keys we were given, only one worked the entire time.

In general, the other hotel staff members were friendly but even when my co-worker was checking out she felt the front desk staff was a little rude (maybe they were tired from all the key re-scanning).

Overall, the hotel and room were nice, the location is good, but I think I'll try one of the hotels next-door the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to have had the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel. We are sorry, however, for the issue you noted about the hotel keys and desk agent. The keys were all recently updated and do have a reputation of being temperamental. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

We hope that you will visit us again should your travels take you back through Chicago.

Avon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

For the price and location i was a bit dissapointed. No breakfast - pay for parking - and double beds. There were 4 of us so double beds was uncomfirtable - they need to upgrade the beds at this hotel. They screwed up my parking charges and the guy getting my car from valet was borderline rude. I would stay next store at the Crowne Plaza - queen beds and penny parking. They did not do a good job cleaning our room - glasses weren't even touched and I did not find any free coffee available either in the lobby - had to buy Starbucks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I do apologize about the inconvenience you had during your stay at the hotel, I can assure you that is not the norm here. We do pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service and by the previous reviews you can see that we normally hold up those standards. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and ensure that this does not happen again.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Hi,

I stayed here prior to getting married. The room was very nice and comfortable. The shower was amazing better then our honeymoon. We had our wedding in Gibson's which is downstairs in the hotel. I highly recommending parties and special events at Gibson's. The doubletree even let my husband and I stay later because we had an evening flight. We were able to relax prior to going to the airport. We love the warm cookies and great amenities. We had no issue getting to the airport. We are also particial to Doubletree Hotels because of this great service.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room with no adjoining room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm delighted that our staff exceeded your expectations and that you chose our location for your stay. Congrats is in order to thee newly weds! Thank you. I hope you'll be staying with us again.

PANAMA, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Excellent and comfortable hotel with very kind people. I was so fortunate to have found this hotel. I stayed for two days. Excellent restaurant and good signal (wifi) during my stay which was a nice...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am thrilled to hear that you had a phenomenal experience at our hotel. We are very proud of the staff at our hotel and I'm glad that they exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the compliments, I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Carmel, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

From the time we walked in the door, service was amazing. The staff was very helpful and attentive, the hotel was beautiful, our room was very clean, and the breakfast was awesome! It was my birthday so they sent a bottle of champagne up to me both nights I stayed. This hotel is a must if you are looking for a place in the Chicago area. It is by the airport but it did not matter. I loved the outlet mall that was right behind the hotel and in walking distance as well. I will be back!!!! I will tell others!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I was delighted to read you feedback on your wonderful stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the time taken to give us your valued feedback.
It gives the team great pleasure to see such positive feedback on their efforts and that you enjoyed your view and our location.

All The Best,
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is clean, quiet with friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was excellent, lots of choice.

I arrive at O'Hare terminal 5. The hotel shuttle does not routinely visit terminal 5, so you ring when you land. After 3 phone calls and about 60 - 75 minute wait the shuttle finally arrived. Following an 8 hour flight it was frustrating waiting so long at the airport. When I raised it the staff were very apologetic.

It is about a 10 minute walk to the CTA and then about 30 minutes to downtown Chicago which worked well for me as a tourist.

I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If arriving at terminal 5 ring the hotel from the arrivals hall. The hotel shuttle runs every 20 min...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay with the shuttle. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our Transportation team regarding your comments. I hope you will not let this isolated incident deter you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

All The Best,
Ruby M

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont? Share your experiences!