“Incredible Service” 5 of 5 stars

Stoughton
“Incredible Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hello,

I was a guest from Sept,11th, 2013 through the weekend. The hotel was beautiful, the food was great, and I got everything I needed in a timely fashion with courtesy and care-which is important as I am disabled. They took care of my disability with patience and care.

I would especially like to recognize Kesa at the front desk. Thank you for fixing my many key screw ups and all the extra cookies! Vonnette (not sure of spelling), Jennifer, Abderhim and Kathy at the bar at the hotel lounge made my every drink ready and and my food hot and served in a timely fashion. They are OUTSTANDING representatives of the Doubletree and I shall certainly hope to see their faces upon my return.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same of the treatment my friend and I received at Gibson's. I am aware they just rent space there but you need to know that the Maitre' D refused to serve us on September 11th after a long, hard trip. We are both disabled and our medication may makes us seem a little wobblty at times. My friend lost his wallet at the airport and was therefore very shaken. The 6'3" snob with the salt and pepper hair looked over us through his half glasses and said to me "I can't serve your friend any alcohol.". OK, I can underatnd that and told him that was OK. I then asked if we could have dinner. As the wiater pulled out our chairs, he said "absolutely not!". I said in amazement: "we can't even eat here?". He shook his head in disgust and said "absolutely not" again. We then went to the hotel lounge where we were served the alcohol and food we needed with no questioins asked and we were nothing but alert and polite as we always are.. Just an FYI, if they are connected to your business and treat people that way, they are doing you a disservice. Back to the positive: I adore the aforementioned workers!!

Vernon Robinson

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Bourbonnais, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

While traveling to an event I called the hotel to confirm my reservation and room assignment. Michelle took the call from the front desk, checked me in and assigned my room. When I arrived 2 hours later she had my key waiting with the room I requested. Before I left the desk area I asked about a massage therapist because I was in a dance competition the next day and needed the massage. The therapist she recommended did a great job. Michelle saw me the next day and stopped me to ask how the massage therapist did. I told her great and then asked if she knew where I could go and see multiple college football games. She pulled out a sheet and gave me walking directions to several locations but recommended the one sports bar as the best place. It was great. The other people at the hotel were excellent but Michelle was exemplary. I was to trasfer to another hotel and decided I liked the service so much I cancelled my other reservation to stay two more nights at the Doubletree Hilton Rosemont, Illinois.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Rockford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Good stay this time. Not so noisy (windy noise on the windows...)on the seventh floor (as compared to the ninth) but there can be rude hotel guests on any floor at 1 A.M. Slept better this time as a result.

Venice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Everything was wonderful during our stay. We took the van from the airport and loved the offering of a cold bottle of water. Registration at the hotel did not take very long. The room was very clean. The location was perfect for our needs. We had the breakfast bar in the hotel restaurant two mornings and the food was delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Zeeland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

we loved the service we received from Touria waitress at the Bistro Restaurant. Her attention to detail was awesome and we would go back for that reason and the food was GREAT, very good. We would recommend this Hotel and Restaurant to anybody that goes to the area.
Touria deserves a raise for exceptional service.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/c unit noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
delware, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The front desk staff was not friendly and had trouble with our reservations and check out billing. the fan in the bathroom was noisy and our tv remote needed new batteries. the location to the Rosemont convention center was great. also, we ordered extra coffee from housekeeping and it never arrived. we had three rooms, each checking out a different night but had two rooms checked out the first night instead of staying the extra day.

Wiota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Beautiful place to stay and staff is very pleasant .. I thought that it was a little expensive at $180.00 group rate per night plus had to pay almost $13.00 a day for internet access.. that to me is crazy...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont? Share your experiences!