“Nice pool and they allow pets” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Chicago, United States
“Nice pool and they allow pets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

It is a fine hotel. The staff is friendly. The biggest upside is that they allow pets. It is very hard to find a hotel in the Chicago area that allows pets. They were very accomodating. The pool area is very nice. They give you cookies when you check in, which my daughter liked. It is a ten minute walk to the blue line train.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are a pet friendly hotel, and have always been. We know how important it is for families to bring along their furry friends and always try to be accomodating. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on June 18th for work. When laying in bed reading a book I saw a bed bug crawl out of the pillow. I quick caught it in a water bottle and called the front desk. They told me that they would call me back. 10 minutes later and said there was nothing they could do for me so I proceed to call my company to get moved. While on hold another one crawled out of the bed. At this point I was already packing back up and went down to the lobby with them and the front desk clerk said she didn't want them and they had no other rooms. When she realized I was on the phone with my company she then told me to go next door to the embassy suites and they'd have a room. I had to walk over to the hotel at 3am in my gym shorts and tank top!! Then when I got there I had to wait another 10 min while they called the doubletree to get all the information. If you do stay there make sure you check everything and be prepared for poor customer service! I also got a follow up email from my company confirming that they did in fact have them!!'

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Good morning Bret,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I want to offer my sincerest apologies for the incidents that occurred during your stay with us. I can assure you we have dealt with the situation to the furthest extent. When issues like this arise we take strict precautionary measures, such as putting the room out of service along with any adjacent rooms, as well as the room above and below. We have an outside professional pest control company come and do several treatments on the room over several days, this is after we discard the mattress and all the linen in the room. The room goes through processing along with the other rooms put out of service and the rooms are not returned into service until the pest control company gives us it's certification that the room is completely free of pests. Being an airport property these things can happen, but when they do rest assured we take it very seriously and treat it to the furthest extent, as a 4 Diamond hotel we have a prestigious reputation to maintain and we plan on keeping it.

Regarding the room change, I'm very sorry, I did check for that night and we were completely booked up, every room was occupied. We would have loved to keep you at our hotel, but did not have any rooms available. Embassy Suites our Hilton sister property was able to assist us in finding accomodations for you. This still does not excuse the customer service you received and I am addressing that situation personally with my staff to make sure it's not a frequent occurrence.

Thank you again for your review and I would welcome you to give our hotel another opportunity to prove to you that we can be your hotel of choice when in the O'hare area.

spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Excellent service and clean comfortable rooms. We came in a group and everyone received the same service. We will come back again. We had some special needs that were required for some of our family members. When we arrived the manager Sean was very helpful with making sure all accommodations were satisfied. The staff were friendly at all times from the front desk to the cleaning service. I had a lot of home work to do that kept me up late and coffee was my help which I ran out of. When I called the front desk the African American lady actually gave me a cup of fresh coffee and a extra bag to make in my room. All I can say is customer service is their highlight which we enjoyed above all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy to hear you had such a positive experience and hope the next time you are in the area we will be your hotel of choice. We pride ourselves on our guest service and I can assure you Akilah, our night auditor will be glad to hear about your review.

Thanks again,
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed at this property twice over the last two months. Great gym and nice rooms. The blue line to Ohare and downtown Chicago is a short walk away. The hotel also offers a shuttle service to the airport. Rosemont is no paradise (think bland, modern suburbia) but the hotel is a great oasis.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of it. Rosemont as a town is expanding, walking distance from the hotel we have the entertainment district which features several restaurants along with a movie theatre, bowling alley, and comedy club. Also opening in August will be the Chicago Premium Outlet mall, which will be right around the corner and only a short walk from the hotel.

Thank you again for your review and hopefully you come back and see us again to enjoy everything the hotel and Rosemont has to offer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this hotel for many years. I am always treated very well while checking in and who can say no to the fresh cookies they offer at check in. If you want to stay at a friendly , clean, and great location you should book it! Heading back in two months , I have already booked my suite! Great job guys.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review about our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you had such an great stay and look forward to your upcoming reservations. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel for anything you might need. Thanks again and we'll see you soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Clean and well operated. Breakfast and housekeeping service excellent. Even though you are near the airport, there is very little noise from the planes. Valet could use more people, but that was the really a minor negative. It is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking time to rate our hotel. We are very glad to hear about your positive experience, I can assure you we will evaluate the valet situation and look at our schedules more closely, especially on busy or sold out situations.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to any upcoming stays you have planned.

Champaign, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good place to choose, good location near public transportation. Everything is good inside the hotel. Room was very clean, and the service was very good. The value could be more fair but who can ask for more? Good view if you choose higher floor. Good brand attract good people to live in, you can see kind people everywhere in this building .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Our hotel fortunately is one of the taller ones in the area and great tip on the higher room. We look forward to be of service to you in the near future when in the area.

Director of Rooms

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont? Share your experiences!