“Stranded overnight since O'Hare grounded our plane due to weather” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ada, Michigan
“Stranded overnight since O'Hare grounded our plane due to weather”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were able to get a room quickly at about 9pm when the weather was bad enough to ground our flights until the next morning. Doubletree had a room for us and a shuttle to get us to and from the airport. They are a very clean hotel and we received our warm cookie at check in. I have stayed at this hotel before when flying out from O'Hare and will continue to use it again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Firstly the good thing about this hotel - The bar and restaurant facilities are good. Great service and good fare.

My company uses this as the preferred hotel for staff when in Chicago. I arrived and tried to use my company credit card (with the logo on it) to check in. As this was my 3rd overseas trip in th month, it was declined. I had to wait in reception for 2 hours (with screaming jet lag) while my PA had my credit card limit increased .

Secondly I was put on the 2nd floor. There was a smell of smoke on this floor when I walked onto it. I went to sleep and woke up feeling sick and light of breath. I called to say that I was unhappy with my room as it was on a smoking floor "we don't have a smoking floor sir". OK I figured I had a rogue smoker int he room next to me.

Next night I went out to dinner and came back to the room. The hotel had air conditioning units and fans running on max (about 5 of them). I got into my room and it stank, all my clothes stank, my bed stank all of stale smoke.

I went to reception and STILL they said this was a non smoking hotel. I went to the bar and I spoke to some fellow resident and he told me the hotel is non smoking but they put them all on the 2nd floor.

OK so now my health has been put in danger and you are lying to me.

When I checked out I spoke to the manager and he was apologetic, which was nice as it was the only person in reception that was in danger of cracking a smile. They are the most miserable bunch you could come across. They make you feel sorry for them they are so pitifully sullen.

If you like having your health out at risk and being lied to by inept sour puss' then stay here, otherwise choose another hotel at the airport, I know I have done.

Room Tip: Tell them you don't want to stay on the smokers floor that isn't a smokers floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I am sorry to hear that we failed you during your stay here at the hotel. As you can read in previous reviews the customer service is one thing we really pride ourselves on. It is our goal to provide exceptional service to every guest, unfortunately it appears that we did not achieve that during your stay.

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback.

Warmest Regards,
Ruby M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The only negatives in my opinion while staying at the double tree rosemont are that of their restaurant and drivers. The staff of the restaurant act as if they are doing you a favor. The food is so so. Breakfast is good but doesn't start until 7am and for early risers not being able to get a cup of joe to me is a big deal! Please fix and I will continue to use the hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I needed to get out of DC for the Inauguration, so my parents met me in Chicago for a long weekend. We opted for the Doubletree for several reasons: proximity to O'Hare Airport (where we were all landing), rate ($89 per night), proximity to public transport (walking distance to Rosemont "L" but can also take airport shuttle to airport to avoid the cold weather and take train from there), and the Hilton brand (I am a Diamond member.)

My room was upgraded to a nice corner room, and we all enjoyed the full breakfast buffet at no cost. The staff was very helpful, and we took advantage of the business center (FREE use of computers and printing), the fitness center, and the pool/whirlpool.

Our rooms had huge bathrooms, including showers which could comfortably accommodate 4-6 people (no, I did not try this.)

My only "complaint" was lunch at the hotel restaurant. Normally I don't eat at the hotel for lunch or dinner, but we were hungry after our trip and it was so cold out. So, we went to the hotel before we headed into the city. One of our orders was incorrect, and my soup was lukewarm (not hot.) The prices were to be expected of a hotel in a major conference area. But otherwise, I was pleased with the breakfast buffet each morning.

I highly recommend this hotel as an alternative to staying in the city.

Room Tip: If you are Diamond, ask for a corner room :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Grand Blanc, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I checked in, the doorman was incredibly rude when I wanted to get valet service. It was not busy, there were no other cars waiting, but he igonored me for a long time and then left my car sitting in the valet area for 20 minutes. He also didn't want to give me a cart to take my luggage up saying too many people don't return them. Upon check in, I was given a room right across from the pool and the fitness center and next to the elevators. We got a TON of traffic. I asked to be switched, but was told there were not any other rooms (I checked in early, so I am not sure how I got stuck with that one) - the lady then went on to book a room on the phone for that night. I went out that evening for dinner and when I got back, the entire second floor reeked of marijuana. I am not talking just a little; I mean full contact buzz. It even reeked when I went into my room. I called the front desk to let them know, and they promised to deal with it. It was not dealt with because it smelled the same way ALL night and again the following evening. The bathroom shower looked like it had not been cleaned. The towels and sheets had stains on them, as well, So, my experience was NOT good. The only thing good about this place is it is close to the trains to take you in to downtown, it is close to the airport and it has a free shuttle to the casino if you are looking for something to do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

All The Best,
Ruby M
Inkster, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is situated in a great location, everything is with in walking distance!!! Ice skating, movie theatre, restaurants, bowling as well as convention center across the street. I would recommend this hotel and this area to anyone looking for a fun family outing in the Chicago area!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I travel frequently for business. I have stayed at other hotels in the O'hare area but I fell in love with the service at this location. The restaurant they had located in the hotel was very good. My room was very clean with plenty of room to lounge around relax after all day meetings. I'd recommend this hotel. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont? Share your experiences!