“Not bad but a confusing layout for the rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Grand Rapids
“Not bad but a confusing layout for the rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The rooms were in good condition. But, since this was a business trip we decided to book the suite room that had two king size beds. Which seemed really awesome. But, there was only one bathroom. Which was located in the master bedroom. So the person sleeping in the second king would have to walk through the other persons room to use the head. Not an optimal situation. Also, the TV in the main room was located at like floor level. Again, nice TVs and all but the placement and room layout was just not very functional. There was a standard sized mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The one bonus is that there was a Harry Carry's in the restaurant. They did serve breakfast in there but, don't expect a Harry style breakfast. Instead it was the standard Holiday Inn style breakfast. There was a cost, but the group we were traveling with had purchased breakfast vouchers in advance so I am not sure what the costs were. There were also not very many amenities at this hotel. No pool, hot tub or the like.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Angel B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time out for your review. Thank you for letting us know the positive things about your stay, and about things that could be change. Our management team looks at each review and take all comments and suggestion into consideration.

Thanks,
TJ Tate
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
belfast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and i stayed here on 2nd July on our way back to Ireland having pre booked for bed and breakfast. We had breakfast on 3rd July but no other meals in the restaurant. Having checked out at the pre agreed rate I was taken aback when my credit card bill arrived and showed an additional charge in excess of 30 dollars. Despite 3 queries to guest services at IHG and being fobbed off without addressing the issue their final response is that the hotel say it is a restaurant charge and since they have no control over hotel charges I should refer the matter to my bank or credit card. Having stayed in hotels all round the world I have to say that I have never had charges added to my bill without explanation. How can a hotel charge additionally for breakfast when it is included in the agreed rate. What kind of guest service can't exercise control over a hotel in their group and what does this say for priority club customer care. Cecil Lee

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to give our hotel a review. we encourage all feedback weather it is positive or negative . I am sorry to hear about the the experience you had with breakfast. I will be following up with our management team about this issue.

Tj Tate
Grand Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family stayed here for an early morining flight out of O'Hare. We chose this hotel for the covered parking included in the Park, Stay, and Fly package. The room was spacoius and very clean. We did not eat at the resturant but it looked nice. Close to the airport. I will stay here again the next time I fly!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review our team here are very glad that we were able to accommodate you and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to accommodating you on your next vacation.

Thanks,
TJ Tate
zuerich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here because a flight was canceled and we had to rearrange our travel plans. Fortunately for us, they have a flexible policy where rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. This is not so great if you need definite travel plans and have to arrive very late but for our situation it was a Godsend. We were exhausted after having our flight canceled in Dominica and then having to get up at 4:30 in the morning to get the new flight even though we had arrived at 10:00 pm. The hotel room was so nice with two rooms, one with a queen sized bed, it's own flat screen tv and bathroom and the other with the bed and a kitchen as well. I didn't hear the planes at all, probably because they take off but don't fly directly over the property. Breakfast was also a dream because we had the breakfast included in our price at Harry Cary's restaurant. The only thing that irritated me was that one waiter made too big a deal out of the fact that the tip was not included in the voucher. I found that distasteful. The transfer van was great, big and new and the driver was very friendly and helpful. The price here for a last minute hotel room was really fair as well. Thanks holiday inn hotel and suites!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Angel B, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoy your stay at our hotel.
I am sorry to hear about your experience in our restaurant Harry Carrey’s, this is not the norm and we are very proud to have them as a Restaurant in our hotel, I will definitely follow up with our management team about the service.

Please contact me personally with anything you may need in the future

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stay in hotels in the ORD area several times a year and my default hotel, my absolute number one choice is this one. Everything about my stay meets with my satisfaction; from the reliable, set-your-watch-on-them airport shuttle service, to the friendly and very welcoming front desk staff, to the recently refurbished and attractively appointed rooms that are always immaculate and without trace of the previous occupant whenever I walk in.

What sets this hotel apart from the other hotels is the professionalism and friendly nature of the staff. You sense that they're happy to work there and this gets reflected in their willingness to accommodate requests where possible, their propmptness, and their unfailing courteousness from start to finish.

A standout hotel property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time of writing a detailed review on our property ,
We also appreciate all the great comments on our staff. Our team all works so hard from anticipating your arrival, preparing your room and taking care of you while you are here.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you travels bring you back to Chicago soon.

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is the 4th or 5th time (over a year or so) I've stayed here when I needed a room close to O'Hare Airport. They are very consistent in delivering attentive, detail oriented customer service, which pleases me, and I heard them doing that with each person that was at the desk when I was also there.
The 2 bed queen suite is a moderate size but very comfortable and quiet. A/C works very well in both rooms, a door to close off the bedrooms, a tv in both rooms. Free wifi with a good signal strength. Fridge and microwave, coffeemaker. The food at Harry Carey's Restaurant was very, very good as was the service (both room and in the rest.) though it is a bit costly. There are a couple of other rest. in walking distance.
This morning, all I wanted was to take my coffee, banana and protein bar and sit outside and read and was pleased to find (Kurt, at the front desk directed me there) a sort of garden area a short 2 min. walk away.
I travel for a living and spend a lot of time in hotels so I like to tell others when I find a place that has good people and a clean, safe, comfortable hotel. Thanks to Bernice who went above when I ckd in yesterday and today, Kurt, who also went above and beyond in assisting me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Angel B, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thanks for the great review, we certainly appreciate your loyalty and will certainly continue to work hard to keep it.

We always try to accommodate our guest in the best fashion we can. Thank you again

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you are staying at Holiday Inn@Rosemont, the most probable reason is 'your flight is delayed'... since it is very near to O'Hare airport, you can easily check go back to airport whenever your flight gets rescheduled.

The stay at hotel is comfortable and I really appreciate the calm with 'no kids running around'.

It takes 45 minutes to travel from Rosemont to downtown via blue line. If you have business in downtown area and you are planning to stay longer, I suggest to move to downtown

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write nice comments regarding your stay

Having the O'Hare International Airport so close is a nice feature for our guest that does not want to fight the traffic

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to be of service to you in the future

Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont? Share your experiences!