“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Red Wing, Minnesota
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here as a family for 4 nights in July. The room was clean & functional. Decor was a bit ordinary, slightly tired but the staff made up for any shortcomings. All of the staff we interacted with were wonderful and helpful! The room size was great, we had adequate room for the 4 of us to have our own space and the kitchenette was really handy. The breakfast was really great as well. My husband said the waffles were some of the best he's ever had.

The key reader to the underground garage could be looked at, it takes several times before it finally reads the card. We stayed on the frontside of the hotel away from the interstate and did not experience any noise issues (4th floor).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us and our Trip Advisor guests with such a pleasant review of our property. We strive to produce an absolute best level of service. It is very rewarding to hear about a job well done. We hope on your next visit to Chicago you will choose our property again and we promise you the world best waffles and a legendary experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Thai first
North Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

When I got here around 9PM. I was just in aww with the decor. It looked even more beautiful in the morning during a great breakfast. They had everything during breakfast. Well worth that just by itself.
The room we choose was the corner suite 2 double beds. We had a great room. Plenty of space for 5 Adults and 1 child. Hence, my dad and I had to sleep on the sofa bed (not best in world) because the females took all the beds. Never the less, the kitchenette was adequate. We had over 420 square feet of room. They have everything in the room you can ask for to accommodate you. From tea bags, coffee to extra sheets and pillows in the closet. It was a little noisy during the night because of the airplanes and L-train being so close, but what do you expect picking a hotel this close to the airport. One other thing, they have airport rides every 15 and 45 min to take you either to the Blue L-Train or straight to the airport. I misplaced my Ventra card and they took the time to check the room and even gave me a temp key to go look for it after we had checked out. The staff was great and appreciate all that they did for me in the end.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and roomy. If you choose the corner room closes to the L-train, it will be h...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review about our hotel. Wow… Your attention to detail is just exceptional! I am delighted to see that we were able to accommodate all of your needs for you and your family. Our shuttle services always gets good compliment about it as we take pride on informing that we are the only hotel in the area that provides complimentary shuttle services in local areas within 2 mile radius. Our team is always here to help and thoroughly love doing it. We hope on your next visit to Chicago you will choose our property again and we promise you an exceptional service with a room of your choice, full hot breakfast.
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Family of five stayed here one night before departing from O'Hare. As others have mentioned, rooms are clean, comfortable and everything fully functional. Very nice, large, flat-screen TV in the room. Another plus...the vanity/sink area is outside of the bathroom (toliet/shower area). Family travelers will understand and appreciate this small detail.

Other wins for me were friendly and attentive staff, attached Outback steakhouse, and reliable/scheduled shuttle service to the airport. One thing that really exceeded my expectations was the huge breakfast spread.

Will definitely stay here again when transiting through O'Hare.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide honest feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel! We are delighted to see that we were able to exceed your expectation but saddened to see the 2star rating. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss about any success’s and/or opportunities for improvement. We hope to see you in near future.
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The rooms were very clean and conveniently located for our needs. Breakfast was great, with lots of fruit, warm eggs and sausage, and plenty of variety. The coffee was great, compared to what free coffee usually tastes like.

Room Tip: The train runs nearby, if the noise bothers you, ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Our double panel system window always helps to create a quiet and nice atmosphere. We look forward to yet another opportunity to have you as our guest in the future and we promise you will have the same excellent breakfast and a memorable experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while in the Chicago area. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and inviting, and the breakfast was fantastic. It was the best free hotel breakfast I've had, with great variety and good quality. If we are ever back in the Chicago area I would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments regarding your experience at the SpringHill Suites Chicago / O’Hare! We value your business and appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad that the team and the accommodations suited you perfectly. We can't wait to see you again in the future!
Elkhart, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My friend and I were flying out of Ohare July 3rd and looking for a park and fly hotel. My friend made the reservation for two rooms, but we paid for the rooms seperately (she paid cash and I paid by credit card). My friend arrived at the hotel before I did and she informed me that when she went to check in there was an issue with the hotel no longer offering a park and fly option, but the staff at the front desk stated they could see where she was confused thinking when she made the reservation that parking would be included in the room rate, therefore, the hotel would honor the rate and not charge us for parking. When I got to the hotel and gave my credit card to pay for my room I specifically asked if I would be charged for parking. I was told by Basanta Shah, guest exerience manager that I would not be charged for parking. In the morning a copy of my bill was slid under the door and it showed a $30 charge for parking. Before I left the hotel I stopped and spoke to Mr. Valentine who was working the front desk and asked about the parking charge on my bill. Mr. Valentine made a note on my account and again I was told that I would not be charged for parking. So, I left my car and got on my flight. Later that day when we were already at our vacation destination my friend was called by someone (I'm assuming the general manager of the hotel) and said we would both be charged $30 for parking. At that point we were already on our vacation and figured we would deal with this issue when we picked up our cars from the hotel. Upon our return we went into the hotel and my friend explained that she was charged $30 after she was informed she wouldn't be charged. She was issued a $30 cash refund by the person working the front desk. My friend then stated I had the same charge on my credit card. Before the front desk worker could remove the charge from my credit card, a manager came out to the front desk (I'm assuming the same one that called my friend, a Mr. Brinks...not forsure, but his last name started with a B) and told me that the hotel doesn't offer a park and fly anymore and said that no where in Chicago you can park for a week for $30 (we weren't gone a week) and said "your friend only got her money back because we were being nice." (I'm sure that's not true either, they weren't "being nice" he was just too late to get out front before my friend got her cash back.) I told him I didn't dispute that the parking charge was a reasonable amount, what I was disputing was that two different employees told me I would not be charged, but now I am. I should have been given this information before I gave the hotel my credit card as this wasn't what I was told I had to pay. At that point I was too tired to keep discussing this issue so I just told him I would dispute the charge on my credit card. He said "fine" and walked away. The hotel itself was fine, but I feel the manager should have honored what his employees said, since I was lied to I won't return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your review about our hotel. The outcome of your experience with us is most unfortunate. We apologize for any inconveniences that you may have encounter while being our guest. In order to accommodate our guest vehicles, we remove the park and fly package for a short interval of time. We had an exceptional for you and thought you were aware about the additional $30 charge (which allows you to park for 7 days). Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We hope to see you sometime again, and get a chance to make up for what happened during your last visit.
North Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

ok, it's right next to the airport, great location in that regard, And if you're flying from Chicago, I saw where they had a deal that you can stay and park. But for us, driving in to Chicago to see a play and visit some museums, it's a great deal as well. We could park there and not have to worry about driving though Chicago traffic, or paying high parking fees. Instead, we parked here for the duration of our trip, and took the Blue Line CTA train into the city, right to the Monroe station, next to the Bank of American Theater, and close to the Institute of Art and other museums. It was wonderfully convenient. We'll be doing that again for future trips. My only possibly complaint was with the breakfast area that was large enough, but was so horribly crowded, with so many people. And the meal was only so so. There were waffle makers, there were scrambled eggs and sausage, cereal, and yogurt, various breads and muffins and such. Not bad, but not especially good. BUT...just down the street, right past the Hooters, is a little place called Mac's that's been around since 1959, and is the friendliest place, and the best breakfasts that I've ever found. It alone is a good reason to stay at the Springhill Suites.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us and our Trip Advisor guests with such a pleasant review of our property. We takes pride in being the #1 hotel in Chicago / O’Hare on Trip Advisor and comments like yours just keep us all motivated. I am happy to see that we were able to accommodate your needs and you were able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle services and complimentary full hot breakfast. We hope on your next visit to Chicago you will choose our property again and we promise you an exceptional service with a room of your choice, full hot breakfast.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
The Westin O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#121 of 178 in Chicago
3.5 of 5 stars 465 reviews

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!