“Great Deal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I would like to make a personal shout out to Chimere!! When we arrived exhausted, and she help smooth the transition from car to room in no time. We stayed 3 nights for a convention that was down the street. It was awesome having a outback connected to the hotel along with the pool and FREE WIFI!! The suite fitted my friend and I perfectly. Keep up the good work! Chimere, did an awesome job helping us the whole trip! =)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel your feedback. While we strive for a 5 star review every time, we appreciate the great comments about the hotel and the staff. Chimere definitely does her best to exceed our guest expectations. I am glad that she made it one more time. We hope on your next visit to Chicago you will choose our property again and we promise you an exceptional service and the same legendary experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

But to be fair, the hotel isn't that expensive. I was mad how when I booked it with my credit card, the price was $160 per night, but when I checked in, they wanted to see my credit card again and raised the price to $190. For all the other hotels that I booked from the same website, I've already paid and it wasn't ok that they didn't tell me the full price beforehand. So, BEWARE.

The room was very spacious, however. The facilities are really really old though. The room was also very cold and I wish there was a heating system. The shower was very very dangerous because the floor was so slippery.

The breakfast was nice. There was an ample selection of vegetables, danish, eggs, fruits, yogurt, etc. The Wifi is apparently only available in lobby.

To conclude, this is a nice hotel if you are looking to just crash for a few hours for transit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire staff that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit at our property. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service throughout the entire operation. After your comments, we have addressed the issues you've mentioned with the appropriate staff to ensure this isn't the case moving forward. I will be contacting you directly and would appreciate if you would respond me to discuss the issues in detail. Thank you.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The location was perfect for the seminar I was attending at the AMA Conference center. The suite was very large and had everything I needed. The hotel also has a shuttle and took me where I needed to go. This was a great choice for a quick in and out of the O'Hara Chicago area.

Room Tip: Choose a non-interstate side of the building.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are beyond happy that you had such a terrific experience with us. We try our best to make our property a home away from home. We cannot wait until your next visit! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any special request.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed three days. We left a downtown hotel when they raised the price for a convention and came out to this one.

Cons:
*There aren't many services around the hotel. There's an attached Outback Steakhouse (friendly service). Across the street and down a bit is a Dunkin Donuts and one other restaurant (I forget the name). The El Station is further away than we thought it would be(about a half mile). Across the street from the El is a Mariano's grocery store (nice store). Unfortunately, the street separating the hotel from these businesses is very busy and there are no crosswalks as far as the eye can see. There is supposed to be a place for pedestrians to cross way down by the grocery store, but the intersection is under construction and there were no functioning pedestrian signals when we were there. In addition, there is no sidewalk on the same side of the street as the hotel. To utilize these businesses, you either need to take the shuttle or make a run for it during a break in traffic.
*The beds are doubles. We had a larger corner suite, but the second bed is pretty close to the far wall, making it challenging to walk back there.
*No hot tub.
*We left our daughter's life jacket in the room with her name and our phone number on it. No one ever called to report it being left behind. We would not have wanted to pay to mail it, anyway, but the call would have been appreciated.

Pros:
*Aside from the busy street, the surrounding residential area is very nice and safe.
*The soundproofing is excellent. Even though we saw planes going right over the hotel from O'Hare, we didn't hear any of them. We also never heard the traffic from the adjacent I-90. I heard one siren one time and we could hear the El, but it was a low rumble and not loud enough to wake you up. It seemed very quiet after staying in the noisy area of River North.
*The pool temperature was warm, so this made up for the lack of a hot tub.
*Everything was clean.
*The price was great. We had a larger corner suite with kitchenette, partial wall and living room for around $150.
*The hotel has been remodeled fairly recently. The contemporary decor is in good condition.
*Lots of seating for breakfast.
*Friendly front desk staff. They accommodated an unusual request for us.
*There was a public bathroom on the same floor as our room. This came in handy with five people sharing a room. Not sure if they have this on every floor, though.
*Laundry was cheaper than our downtown hotel and the dryers dried things quickly.
*Fast elevators.
*Convenient to O'Hare.

The Shuttles
I was surprised to read the review posted two reviews prior to mine. We had absolutely no problems with the shuttle. We arrived via the Blue Line from downtown. We called the hotel a few stops ahead of our arrival and were told to call upon arrival. We figured we'd be waiting forever if we did this, but it was out of our control. We followed instructions and called upon arrival. Whoever answered the phone told us where to wait. The shuttle arrived in probably three minutes. The drivers were friendly and helped us with our bags. They also arrived quickly the next two days. Most hotels just shuttle you to the airport. This one will shuttle you anywhere within a 2 mi. radius, which was a bonus. Departing shuttles leave at :15 and :45. They always had a shuttle departing whenever we needed to use one and they announced it to everyone in the lobby. Had it not been for the shuttles, this hotel would have been impractical for anyone like us who didn't have a car. The shuttles were clean and had seat belts (rare).

If I were staying in Chicago again and needing to use the airport, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your attention to detail is exceptional, and I'm happy you touched on just about every aspect of the hotel in your review. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We will use the “cons” as a learning opportunity to further improve our service and reach the perfection. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts and referring our property to other travelers through Trip Advisor. We hope on your next visit to Chicago you will choose our property again and we promise you a legendary experience
Chesterfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

When everything close to downtown Chicago is expensive, this hotel near the airport stands out as a bargain. The room is what one expects, and the breakfast is more than adequate. There can be parking issues if the attached restaurant is busy.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. I would like to apologize for any negative experience that you may have during your recent stay with us. The parking lots on both sides with an additional parking lot in the garage are always successful in accommodating our guest vehicles. On a brighter side, we are happy to see that we were able to accommodate all you needs and you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast (all in the right price). Our proximity to downtown, airport and different attractions is one of our biggest assets. However, we always strive to produce an absolute best level of service. We hope to see you in the near future where we can exceed your experience and make your stay a legendary one.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here Memorial Weekend for a wedding. When booking my room the staff was great and very helpful explaining where they were located and what stop to get off on the blue line. Days before the wedding I noticed on our friends wedding website that the wedding rate was offered for three days before and after the wedding, we had only been given the discounted rate for the day before and day after. When checking in we spoke to staff about it and they were very rude, telling us we had to have the bride make a complaint and asking when we booked the room. I was then told they would make an exception for us! What is the exception? This was something that was there mistake that should have been corrected without us evening saying something to them. When speaking to other wedding guest we were not the only ones that were cheated from the rate but others were not as lucky to have it corrects, one friend was in for 5 days and only received the rate for the night of the wedding!
In addition to that the hotel offers a "free shuttle to and from O'hare that will stop at the blue line every 15 minutes" I put in quotes because that never happened. I understand running behind because of Chicago traffic but the hotel front desk staff clearly never had any idea where the drivers as. We would call about 4 stops before the stop that the shuttle picked up on and they said they would send a shuttle out right then, called when we got there and were told they would be there in a few minutes, finally 20 minutes later the shuttle arrived. The worst was coming back one nights we called and were told we had to go wait in the parking lot of the bank just down the street and they would send a shuttle. We are talking a straight shot, 5 minute drive down from the hotel. First the staff couldn't clearly state where we needed to stand, next,the shuttle never came! We stood there for 15 minutes in pitch black waiting, it was not a safe stop to be left. Called again and told they would be on the way. Eventually decided to risk it and walk. Went into 7/11 up the street to pick up a few things, kept an eye outside, never saw shuttle. Walked back, about 20 minute walk, never saw the shuttle. Do not offer a free shuttle 24/7 and then not follow through. I do not appreciate being told to wait someplace that made me feel unsafe.
The room was nice so if you don't care about low quality staff and unreliable services this place is perfect but I would never stay here again and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
It is very disheartening to receive your review. Although you had good comments about our room, all the other inconveniences that you had encounter with are undesirable. I apologize for the wrong information regarding the room reservation and shuttle services. We offer complimentary shuttle services to and from airport and also within 2 mile radius. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Your comments have already been passed on to the departments involved, and we will make sure we do not fall short on our guest services again. Please expect a personal email from me. And if you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed here on our way down to the museum. We stayed in a King Bed suite with a couch chair, coffee table, desk and mini wet bar with frig and microwave. We appreciated the free WI-FI. It was very convenient to have dinner at the adjoining Outback Steak house. We were delighted with the hot breakfast options. The staff was helpful. We highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
We are delighted that your recent experience with us was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing an outstanding hotel experience. Please come back and visit us anytime, we promise you will have the same fabulous experience and an amazing breakfast. Also let us know if you have any other questions or requests in the future.

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!