“Great location and value for AMA classes” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park & Fly Special
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Milwaukee
“Great location and value for AMA classes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Checked in 12/15, out on 12/18. Was in town for a conference at AMA. After doing some research I decided to stay at the SpringHill Suites as it included Wi-FI, Parking AND... Free Breakfast. Check in was very easy, room was clean, large (it was just me) and really HOT, probably my only minor complaint - that I had the air on in my room the majority of the time... Room came equipped with a nice big LG TV, microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker - all of which I used. I did use the fitness room once, it was pretty standard for a hotel. 2 elipticals, one didn't work so well but the other was fine. I did notice the pool was closed but okay by me. The hotel was doing some construction but aside from rerouting the driveway (I had a car with me), I had no problems with it. The power was off one night but they presented me with a letter stating that it was going to happen, details in case of emergency etc. So again, was fine by me.

Free breakfast was just that, a free breakfast. They had eggs, sausage, pastries, cereal, yogurt. It wasn't gourmet but each day that I was there, it was hot and plentiful. Come to think of it I had breakfast each of the 3 days and never had the same thing. Obviously, I didn't mind so much! :)

I did like how close it was to the AMA (less than 5 minute drive time, only 1 stop light). And it was maybe 10-15 minutes from the Fashion Outlet mall. Which is you are a shopper, you must go. Traffic was never horrible since I was going such short distances and I never had to get back on the interstate, all was on Higgins or right off of Higgins.

Staff was very nice, polite and quick. I de-magnatized my room key and they fixed it for me after asking me a couple of security questions - which I found comforting that they questioned me.

My next AMA conference or Fashion Outlet trip - I will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SpringHill8101, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy the room accommodated all your needs and you were able to utilize the room amenities. We look forward to serve you as our guest in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here on 12/16-- had high expectations but was let down. Looking forward to the pool-- it was out. The room-- it was ok, but the toilet is very close to the restroom door and one can fall over it if not very careful when you walk in. Power was out from 1-4 am in the entire hotel. The lobby and adjoining Outback restaurant both have a horrible cold draft throughout-- not too welcome when you come in from a cold Chicago day. Our room was the only warm place. The breakfast buffet was just ok and staff did not appear very attentive to cleanliness or to replace food items that ran out. Night Manager Ron was not very helpful when my wife called in concerns until I went down personally to see him myself. Visit family in Chicago often but would probably not stay here again

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback.
We do recognize we had a power failure which did effect our pool and heating system. Although it was for a minimal period of time, it certainly created some inconveniences. We would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us but would love to have you as our guest again.
We would like to assure your future experience with us will be both enjoyable and a legendary one.
Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been to over a dozen Marriot's in the area, and this one is my favorite. What really did it for me was the super friendly, super nice, staff. The breakfast is excellent. and the workout room is really good for a marriot as well. The pool is nice, but there is no jacuzzi.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rhonda R, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we know that your time is valuable and appreciate your kind words.

Your comments have already been shared with our entire team and we are all ecstatic that you consider us your favorite Marriott in the area.

Yes, our hotel is best known for the super friendly service and high hospitality levels. We hope you will come back to see us soon.
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. The hotel staff went out of their way to help by ensuring our room was ready with a crib, to accomodate our late arrival (Thanks Teresa). Ron went the extra mile getting milk for the baby's bottle.

The entire staff seemed happy in their work, and it was reflectedin how they were eager to be sure they helped in anyway they could.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are glad you had a great expereience with us and would like to thank you for the time taken to write a review of our hotel.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful staff that stives to make every guests' stay as enjoyable as possible. Your review was shared to our daily all employee meeting, with Ron and Theresa recognised for going above and beyond.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the area.
Miami, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Hot breakfast with a good variety of options. Has an Outback Steakhouse on the first floor.
Within 5 blocks to the west, there are 4 locally-owned options; two Italian/pizza, 1 diner/breakfast spot(Mac's excellent diner,) 1 Thai.
Offers a shuttle to/from ORD, Door 2 at the shuttle lobby of from Terminal 2. Also has free parking.
In the midst of renovation, new lobby looks like it should be ready & open soon.
While the first room assigned had previously smoking guests, the staff quickly reassigned us, apologized profusely and sent housekeeping immediately.
Stayed for meetings over three days. Nice/ quiet meeting rooms, excellent break service. Catered dinner was well presented, service and tasty.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of your experience at our hotel. We are so glad that you found our amenities convenient for business travel.

We are very sorry you had to experience the smell of smoke in the first room that was assigned to you. It does sometime become a challenge to make sure all our guests follow the rules in our 100% non-smoking hotel. However, we are glad we are able to rectify the situation to your satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you on your next business trip to the area.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The suite I stayed in was nicely appointed and very roomy. The service and attention by staff very friendly and cordial. The location is great being near O'hare as well as to other Chicagoland suburbs and the downtown Chicago area, all of which I visited during my 2-day stay. Perhaps best of all the price is right!!

John P

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Basanta S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are happy that we were able to accommodate all your needs. We're happy everything worked out great for you during your experience with us. Please come back and visit us anytime, we promise you will have the same fabulous experience. Also let us know if you have any other questions or requests in the future.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very friendly and attentive staff. Extremely convenient location and shuttle service to O'Hare around the clock. Room was clean and comfortable with all of the necessary amenities. Will definitely stay here next time I travel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our team is always here to help and thoroughly love doing it. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely important. We hope on your next visit to Chicago you will choose our property again and we promise you an exceptional service with a room of your choice, full hot breakfast.

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!