“Some Problems, But Would Stay Again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Canton, Ohio
“Some Problems, But Would Stay Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have stayed here for the past two years in a row to attend a music festival. The value is great, parking is free (big plus in Chicago!), free breakfast (which is substantial) and free WiFi. And it's close to the Cumberland train station to get into the city easily. Rooms are nice, clean, and the suite set up is nice to have a kitchenette to save leftover Chicago pizza for later if you're in for a few days!

This year, we encountered some problems with the shuttle. It worked great a few times, but on the second night, coming back from the Blue Line at about 11 pm, we called for the shuttle and waited, waited, waited ... we called again and were told we "must have missed the driver" (impossible!) and that he would come back. Waited, waited some more and finally decided we had no choice but to walk back. It's about half a mile, in the dark, at the end of the day when we were very tired from touring all day. Needless to say I was irritated when I got back. I complained to the guy at the front desk who 1. refused to make eye contact, 2. never apologized 3. disclaimed all responsibility. He said that one of the shuttles had broken down and the other one was serving a wedding party. Fine, but then don't tell us to keep on waiting and that we "must have missed" the driver. I asked him to have the manager call me, which never happened. I was disappointed by the lack of attention to this issue which could have been easily resolved if someone just apologized. We will think twice about coming back next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhonda R, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your displeasure with our hotel. I can assure you that we take all concerns from our guest seriously and strive to work to improve on feedback that is received.

The service issues that you described are not typical of the usually excellent service we provide and is an isolated incident that should not have occured. Please do accept my apologies for all of the inconvenience you experienced on your recent visit with us.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with constructive feedback and I am sorry your stay wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been.

I hope this isolated incident will not hold you back from returning to our hotel, so that we can show you the true standards of hospitaity and service that we provide here at the Springhill Suites.

696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at this property. The staff at the front desk were fantastic, very courteous and helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean (we stayed in a corner suite). Would definitely stay here again when in the area!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We will share your compliments with our entire staff, we love hearing that we've done well and have exceeded your expectations. Our entire team goes above and beyond to make all our guests have an exceptional expereince while they are away from home.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon
Utica, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed for two nights. Price included breakfast, onsite parking (underground parking too), and shuttle service. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is varied and plentiful. Location is very close to the blue line. Close enough to walk but I wouldn't recommend it. Shuttle leaves every 30 mins. They were quick to pick us up from the blue line to take us back to hotel. We'd normally call when we were about to arrive at our stop to let them to know to pick us up. We never had to wait more than 5 mins. They even offered to shuttle us to nearby restaurants. The hotel as a whole isn't the most appealing and could use some updating. I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic getaway or anything fancy but it's a great stay at a reasonable price for families or for a quick getaway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We will soon be making major improvements to our lobby. We hope that you will be able to visit us and check out our new stylish and comfortable lobby. Our intentions are to provide a relaxing environment for all of our guests, that is productive and comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Located about a half mile from the Cumberland train station (2 stations from O'hare). Fairly easy walk even with bags and the road construction. Dominick's grocery store is on the way and came in handy.

We had a corner room. It was a great layout with the perfect amount of space. Beds were in the back, with floor to ceiling windows on 2 walls. 2 TV's in the room, one in the front area and one with the beds. The front area had a couch and chair and just off from that was the kitchen area with a dinner table and 2 chairs. Kitchen area included microwave, sink and small refrigerator.

Bathroom was laid out with stool and shower/bath behind a closed door with the sink on the outside of the bathroom.

Daily free breakfast was offered. Food quality was average for a hotel. Good number of options though. Yogurt, whipped eggs, sausage, mini muffins, oranges, bananas, apples, waffles, cereal, mini croissants, bagels, juices and coffee. Definitely enough to get you off to a good start for the day.

There were a handful of restaurants in the area but we didn't hit any of them. We decided to call in to Giordano's for delivery the first night and had leftovers for 5 days.

Hotel staff were pleasant. Free shuttles offered to train and airport. All in all we were extremely satisfied with the hotel. If you want to spend a lot of time around Navy Pier, the loop or Lincoln Park, think about staying at a hotel in town. Otherwise, this is easy access to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your detailed thoughtful review We know that your time is valuable and appreciate your kind words. We are glad that you were extremely satisfied with the overall experience at our hotel and enjoyed the lay out of our corner room, which is a larger room with a square footage of 450.

We would love to have you return, when you are next in the Chicago area.

Once again, thank you!!
Salt Lake City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed here again and had to write another review.

First the good. As others have said, the location is great, the staff is great, and it's fairly quiet for an airport hotel. Now the bad...

This place has slipped a bit. Carpets are dirty in the public areas on the first floor leading to a lower quality feel. The breakfast area still hasn't been remodeled and there are more signs of wear and tear. Really a low rent feel now. Food choices are typical springhill, but the eggs are overcooked and dry and the new choices they've talked about don't seem to have materialized.

My room had wall paper peeling off, stains on the carpet and when it rained my window leaked with paint running down my windows and onto the carpet. See photos. The wood furniture was also pretty worn and dinged up and is not the more contemporary furniture from newer springhill suites.

We booked a meeting here and one of our guests said they felt like they were "camping" when staying here. Also, our guests complained about the gym... broken equipment, equipment that's very dirty, etc. I used the gym only twice because of this. The treadmills seemed to have years of sweat on the sides and the elliptical trainer sounded like it would fall apart at any minute. They've ignored this room from a maintenance standpoint.

I won't stay here again until they do their updates. As a platinum with Marriott I've stayed at a fair number of springhill suites in my travels so I feel I'm being fair. I'm not saying this to be mean at all, I'm saying this because I know the general manager really seems to care about what their guests are saying from what I can gather on this website. Hopefully they'll take my comments constructively.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rhonda R, Assisatant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. As a Marriott Platinum guest, your comments are incredibly valuable to us. We value all feedback and stive to make our guests' experience with us as enjoyable as possible.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and continued business and want to let you know that we will soon be having a major improvement to our lobby. We intend any day soon, to start our modernization project which I know you will be pleased with, the next time you visit. Additionally, the other items you mentioned are all on our radar and projects are being planned for improvement.

On a positive note we are glad, you got to expereince the freindly service that we here at the Springhill Suites is known for.

We hope that you will check back with us for changes and that you will consider giving us another chance.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel was very highly rated. The staff are great and they had free underground parking. The hotel is very close to Ohare and several restaurants are near by. The rooms are very nice and they offer a very good free breakfast in the am. There was also free internet. Good value. No park and fly offered but a free shuttle to airport provided.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel. I can tell you that our Front Desk staff truly enjoys helping our guests enjoy Chicago. We are glad that you found us to be of good value. Unfortunately we do not offer 'Park & Fly' but we certainly have a free shuttle that has a scheduled pick up every half hour to the top of the hour from the airport and we also provide free transportation to the Blue Line, Restaurants and places of interest here at Rosemont.

We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you again for being our guest.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We chose this hotel b/c of its location and the reviews we read here on Trip Advisor, and for the most part they were spot on. The hotel is easy to get, too, and the room was quite spacious for our needs. In all the most important ways it was clean and tidy, though there were a few details that were overlooked - the surfaces of our bedside lamps were dirty. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and the hotel deserves kudos for this, b/c we stayed on a busy Friday night. I've stayed many places were they quickly ran out of enough food for their guests, but that was not the case here. We were also appreciative of the Outback Restaurant attached to the hotel, as we were forced to eat dinner late, and it was nice not to have to leave the hotel again to do so. The main drawback that kept me from giving this an Excellent rating was the bed. Ours was extremely hard and uncomfortable. I would choose to stay here again in a heartbeat, except for that bed. It felt like it had been slept in by a single person so long, that it simply wouldn't conform to two people. I had to sleep on a hard hump that made it impossible to sleep on my back (my preferred position). If you like a very firm bed, this might not be an issue for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the street side (odd numbers) away from the train and interstate. I also recommend...