“Very convenient from the airport!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Very convenient from the airport!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I flew in for a quick meeting at the hotel. Having the shuttle service was great! They were timely both from the airport and the following day when I returned. Very clean and comfortable stay!! I was ale to work from the room until noon which was very helpful! Thank you....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. And thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your experience here. I am happy that we met and exceeded your expectations. We are extremely dedicated to customer service and making sure our guests are comfortable and have a memorable experience. You are so correct about our general manager being out and about the hotel. He is always out talking to our guests during the breakfast hours and throughout the day, making sure everything is running smoothly. He is a great example of how the hotel is run.

I'm sorry that your visit was so short. Hopefully if the opportunity finds you in the Chicago area, you will stay with us again and enjoy the downtown area and surrounding areas of the hotel.

Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

686 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The suites are spacious, well equiped with very comfortable beds. Everywhere is clean and well managed - e.g pool area always has supply of towels and is kept very clean/ breakfast well organised. Wherever you walk in the hotel there is an air of good organisation and tidyness.. The hotel even has a departure and arrival screen for O'Hare flight information. It is quiet in the hotel, despite the hotel being close to O'Hare.
Reception staff were very helpful. We arrived late due to storms at O'Hare but were welcomed and quickly allocated a very nice quiet suite.
Our leaving flight was also going to be late out, so the reception staff helpfully accomodated our predicament. Shuttle bus from and to O'Hare is very useful with both drivers very helpful - waiting a moment when we nearly missed it and helping us with bags etc.
Altogether a good experience. We would stop here again, and for much longer, as the suites have good facilites and are comfortable but on this occasion we only stopped to break up two flights on our way out, as we had previously stopped in Chicago for a few days on our way in to the US. I am not sure what the public transport links are from nearby, to 'The Loop' area etc, but I think that there is a train station nearby.
While moving from place to place within the hotel room to pool to breakfast etc), I saw the General Manager 'out and about' checking that all was well - We only 'nodded' and never chatted, but from stopping in a number of hotels myself over the years, it is my experience that those hotels that provide the highest quality experience are where the General Manager does not simply spend most of his/her day sitting in their office looking at stats and costs or phoning other management functions, but where the GM is actively 'walking his patch' and interacting with staff and sometimes guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am so happy we were able to exceed your expectations overall. It sounds like your trip to Chicago, though it was short, was perfect. I am glad that we could be a part of that.

Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Chicago area.

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good parking. Great shuttle service to the blue line station. They even picked us up at the Station after midnight. Very much appreciated after a great evening at a concert by the lake. Good beds and a great nights sleep before leaving early in the morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations overall. I'm glad our location was convenient for you with where your concert was. I'm happy that our shuttle was able to get you back and forth to the train station, to make it a little easier for you.

Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are visiting the Chicago area.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Saturday evening staff (Kim and Amanda) made frustrations of a very long day at O'Hare melt away as they provided service above and beyond my expectations!
I travel well over 100 nights each year. This experience will be remembered.

Thanks you Kim and Amanda.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. And thank you so much for the kind words you said about both myself and Amanda. I'm so glad that we were able to turn your long, frustrating day of travel into an enjoyable and memorable experience. I know how hard it can be missing a flight or having a cancelled flight, and I am happy that we could make it better for you. It was our pleasure to help you out!

Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are traveling to Chicago.

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was given up upgrade to the executive top floor and wasn`t pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room. Very well appointed and high enough to mute the sound of traffic and metro to OHare. Staff were eager to please and the free parking is a bonus. Not the greatest of areas but you are minutes from the bars and dining choices of Rosemont

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice and positive review about your recent experience here. I am happy that we were able to upgrade you to one of our Deluxe King suites and I am glad you enjoyed it. Those rooms are beautiful and have gorgeous views. I'm glad your experience here was great and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are visiting the O'hare area. Thank you again for being our guest!

Warsaw, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here with my fiance during a tradeshow that we were attending at Navy Pier. The rates were far more reasonable than anywhere in downtown Chicago, and I liked that it included free parking and free breakfast. Unfortunately, we never did manage to actually get to try the breakfast because of the schedule they ran. It didn't start until after we needed to leave in order to catch the train (it takes over an hour to get to Navy Pier from the closest train station, for those that are interested) to make it to our conference on time. Since this is a traveler's hotel, I would imagine that a lot of people probably miss out on breakfast due to the fact that during the week, it doesn't start until 7 AM and on weekends it doesn't start until 8 AM. Honestly, if they had it available at 6 or 6:30, we could have actually enjoyed the breakfast that I was counting on when I booked this hotel.

The parking was free, and they have both a parking lot and a parking garage, but I will warn you that the parking garage entrance isn't actually near the hotel. It's a weird street entrance from another street. We didn't end up using the underground garage because we had so much trouble figuring out how to even get to it that we gave up and came back to ask the front desk where it was and a spot opened up in their parking lot instead.

This place is close to a couple of train stations, but not close enough that you probably want to walk that distance. We ended up driving to the train station and paying the parking fee each day to park and ride. There were several nice-looking hotels that I know showed up in the same price range that were right next to the "Park & Ride" area that I'd sooner stay at next time so I could walk to the train.

Now, as for the rooms themselves - I wish I had taken a picture. These rooms are so weirdly laid out... they made no sense. I don't know who designed the hotel, but they wasted space where they didn't need it and crowded things in weirdly where they did need it. Some things to note - the bathroom is TINY. It's actually so small that it's difficult to shut the door while standing in there. And they put the sink & mirror outside of the bathroom, centered on the opposite wall between where the bed and the sitting area are, so if you're there with somebody else, they get to watch you do everything from brushing your teeth to doing your hair/makeup and washing your hands after a trip to the bathroom. I felt like I was on display constantly, and good luck with being able to use the bathroom or get ready if your partner wants to keep sleeping. Speaking of which, I tried my hardest to allow my fiance to sleep through my shower, at the very least. Unfortunately, the shower was making this incredibly high pitched noise the ENTIRE time I was in it. If you've ever heard a tea kettle go off, that's exactly what it sounded like. Except imagine that in a bathroom where the acoustics magnify the sound. And imagine it making that noise for the ENTIRETY of your shower. Not exactly a relaxing way to start or end your day. And certainly impossible for anybody else sharing your room (or probably even next door) to sleep through.

Also weird... the first room they put us in had a wall of windows BEHIND the bed. It was so freaky, I had to ask them to move us because it weirded me out. We opened the curtains to see what it looked out at. It looks into another wall of windows with a vending machine area. What on earth? I can't figure out what the purpose was of doing such a thing. I can, however, attest to the fact that the maids obviously don't clean back there, and the front desk personnel must not have ever been into one of these rooms because she actually thought I was making it up when I told her that there were windows behind my bed that made me uncomfortable and asked to switch rooms. No joke. She had no idea what I was talking about. I believe the room number they initially had us in was something like 717, for those that want to see what I'm talking about. Weirdly - the area with the couch and chair has these GIGANTIC side tables to try to fill the space better (I'm guessing anyway... these tables put together probably would have been bigger than the couch itself). I couldn't help thinking "If they had used normal side tables, they probably could have cut about 5 feet out of this space and used it to lay the room out in a way where we could have had a normal bathroom." Like I said... whoever designed these rooms... I hope they're not working in the industry anymore.

Also, it was all kinds of fun when we were checking out on Sunday morning. Bare in mind, this was before 7 AM, and we couldn't find a luggage cart ANYWHERE. Why? They had a travel bus group that was either checking in or out at that time, and rather than reserving at least one luggage rack for their other patrons, they used all of them for this group. It was super fun lugging our cooler and all of our luggage and all of the trade show purchases and marketing materials up and down from our room on the 4 separate trips it took us to do that.

I will say that the staff seemed professional and some of them were friendly. But that's probably about the only thing this hotel has going for it. Next time, I'd look at the Holiday Inn or one of the other hotels in the same price range in this area. I was definitely not impressed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. I'm sorry that you did not get to enjoy our breakfast. We do serve breakfast during the week from 6am-9am and on the weekends it is 7am-10am. I am sorry that you weren't able to find our parking garage. It is about 300 feet from the front entrance of the hotel, directly off of the main street we are on. I am sorry that you did not like the layout of the room. All of our rooms are layed out primarily the same way. We do have a couple different types of rooms that might work out better for you.

I want to thank you again for staying with us. I hope you will give our hotel another chance and I promise we will put our best foot forward and show you the exceptional service that we are known for. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here over a very busy Memorial Day weekend. Despite a nearly-full house, each and every staff member worked very hard, with constant smiles, to make our time here a most pleasant one. Very clean rooms, a super free breakfast, a pool, and coffee all day and night in the lobby. Not fancy, but thanks to the staff, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Elevated trains and planes can be a bit noisy.