“A Family Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Toronto, Canada
“A Family Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I must say that my 2 night stay was relaxing and enjoyable. A late night arrival and welcoming smile and ease of check-in started the experience. The room was very clean and all the electrical and wifi was working correctly. Even with its close proximity to O'Hare it was suprisingly quiet. The breakfast area in the morning was clean and neatly appointed. It was nice that the Sales manager made her way to meet hotel guests and introduced herself.

Suggestions for local restaurants and directions were good and accurate.

Thanks to the team and will be returning on my next trip to Chicago.
Regards, Lifetime Marriottt Platinum Member

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am happy that your experience here was pleasant and that we exceeded your expectations. Our team strives in making sure every guest has the comforts and conveniences of home. I am happy that was the case for you.

Thank you again for being our guest! And we appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Chicago!

696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times for work and generally find that the service is very good; the people seem to remember you. You can always find something on the breakfast buffet although I miss the hard boiled eggs they used to have. There is an Outback Steakhouse attached to the hotel which is great for dinner during a winter Chicago night. In nicer weather there are a few places that you can walk to including a small Thai place (or just ask for the shuttle to take you somewhere). The van driver is always available to take you to where you need to go whether it be the metro stop, the convention center, local restaurants, or even another hotel (for a meeting I was attending). One suggestion - as an airport hotel you would think that there would be a scale that you could use to weigh luggage!

Room Tip: If you have a choice get a room away facing Higgins (it is quieter).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Chicago O'hare. I am pleased to learn how much have enjoyed your past stays with us. I appreciate your kind and positive comments about your experiences here. I am glad that our consistency in service and dedication to detail keeps you coming back. I am glad you enjoy the many amenities we offer, like our shuttle, and breakfast. And just so you know, we do still have the hard boiled eggs, but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy some the next time you are here.

Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights. Safe underground parking with secure key-only access for cars. The location allows for easy on and off the interstate system. Staff is friendly and accomodating on every front. The stay includes a very nice breakfast. Thanks Springhill Suites Chicago O'Hare!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for staying at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'hare, and for your positive review about your experience here. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you overall. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area. Thank you again for being our guest!

msp
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. Service is always reliably good. One of the very few Ohare area hotels that offers complimentary guest parking. Location is convenient off I-90. It would be good if the windows could be opened for fresh air. Unfortunately, they are permanently sealed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us. I'm happy to hear that our service was good and reliable and that you found our location convenient for you while you were here. I do apologize that our windows do not open. We do have them permanently closed to keep out in the outside noise from the highway and planes flying over.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room looks great but little noisy at night when trucks moving. I like express check out with bill delivered night before. Breakfast is OK, it could be better if served with more fruit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. And thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. And thank you for the suggestions about adding more fruit to our breakfast buffet. I will pass your feedback to our breakfast staff and see about adding more fruit options.

Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Chicago.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very positive hotel experience. Not much to look at from the outside, but it is very nice on the inside. Lots of breakfast items, spacious and clean room, and exercise facility was adequate. The pool looked nice but we didn't use it. Our room was quiet even though we were next to the highway. The staff was also very accommodating and friendly. We will stay here again on our next trip.

Room Tip: I think rooms that face Higgins are probably quieter than those that face the highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive comments about your experience here. I am glad that your overall experience was pleasant. Our staff strives on making sure our guests feel at home and are comfortable when staying here. I am glad we were able to show that to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are visiting the area. Thank you again for being our guest!

Jackson, Nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a 3 nights stay and I can honestly tell you this is not a typical Marriott. I personally feel the Courtyard by Marriott offers a better nights stay. They claim to have sound proof glass but you can hear the train running all night long, 7 days a week. Bed are very uncomfortable for my taste. My back hurt so bad after the first night that I slept on the pull out with much better sleep results. My preference is a softer support as you get at the Embassy Suites.
We had a problem the first night in our room with a rattling noise in the HVAC....ALL NIGHT LONG...it was like torture. They must have had previous problems in this room because there were a lot of drywall patches and cracks in the ceiling. I went to the front desk with circles under my eyes and the woman was apologetic and said they would take care of it. The manager moved me to another room on a higher floor but unfortunately they didn't warn us that the train noise gets louder as you go up in floors. Personally I felt they should have at least compensated the first nights stay for such a terrible room, but they didn't. Failure to do so has cost them a customer of the chain.

The water pressure fluctuates greatly, which is tolerable but very inconvenient for the time it takes to shower.

Just not satisfied with the stay at all, I probably will never stay at a Spring Hill Suites again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. I can assure you that the problems you had are not typical of our hotel. Your feedback will be used as a training tool so we can continue to improve the service to all our guests.

I want to thank you again for staying with us. I hope you will give our hotel another chance and I promise we will put our best foot forward and show you the exceptional service that we are known for. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!