“Great value and location!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Chaska, Minnesota
“Great value and location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just spent the weekend in the city and since its cheaper to not stay downtown, we were lucky to find this hotel! The price was decent and the rooms were well kept. It is also very convenietly located close to a blue line station, where we could catch the train for only a 20 minute journey to downtown. Much better than driving! The breakfasts were good. There were quite a few options and it was never really too busy down there. We also attended a concert at the Allstate Arena, which is located within a short driving distance from the hotel. I would definitely stay here again! The only problem is the parking lot fills up fast!

Room Tip: High floors are quieter, as this is near a highway
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive feedback about your experience here. I am so glad that it was enjoyable for you. I'm glad that you found our location to be easy and convenient for everything you had planned, whether it was going downtown or to Allstate Arena. We are in a great location, right off the expressway and train line. I do aplogize if you had any parking challenges while you were here. We do have a smaller parking lot, so parking does fill up fast. In the future, we do have underground parking for car's under 6 feet tall as well, if you don't find anything above ground.

I hope you will stay with us the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area. We look forward to serving you. Thank you for being our guest!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel recently, we booked on Hotwire and were thrilled to see this was the hotel assigned to us. The rooms are great with kitchenettes and a living space removed from a bedroom space. My husband enjoys the sink separated from the shower so he can shave with a non foggy mirror while I shower. The service is amazing, I asked for a quiet room I am one of the lightest sleeper in the world (huge concern when at a hotel near the airport) noise not an issue at this hotel. The front desk moved our room upon my mention of being a light sleeper we were originally assigned a room near the elevator. They have so many great amenities, the pool, fitness centre, access to flights and printing boarding passes, the free breakfast featured waffles, fruits, cereal, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, breakfast burritos, assortment of yogurt, pastries etc. They have underground parking and lots of out door parking. The only draw back is that it is a little far from the downtown area of Chicago and it is a fairly decent walking distance to get to the transit system.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you were lucky enough to get to stay with us again after booking with Hotwire. I appreciate your positive feedback about your experience. I am so glad that we were able to find you a comfortable and quiet room during your stay. It sounds like you were able to take advantage and enjoyed most of our amenities while you were here.

I hope you will continue to stay with us when you are visting Chicago. Thank you for being our guest!

Blainville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have never written a review before, but this hotel was so good that I felt compelled to tell everyone. The staff were professional and friendly, the room was comfortable and clean, the view was nice, and the breakfast was very good. This hotel provides exceptional value, especially since there is free internet and parking. Compare this to downtown hotels, and you are saving $$ on that alone. The drive into town was not a problem, but that was probably because we came during the Christmas/New Year season and a lot of people were on vacation. We lucked out. The person at check-in noticed that we have a large family, so he actually set us up with a larger room (corner with a lot of windows!). That was super nice of him. We were so impressed that my husband, who was skeptical at first, said that the next time he was in Chicago, he would definitely stay here again. Oh, one last thing... although the hotel is close to the airport and to the subway, the rooms were very well soundproofed so that the noise didn't bother us. That includes the noise from other guests in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive feedback about your experience here. We are located in a great area, close to downtown and the expressway. I am so glad that we were able to meet your expectations and that you and your family found our hotel to fit all the needs that you were looking for.

I am glad that your husband enjoyed staying here and is planning on staying here next time he is in Chicago. Thank you again for being our guest!

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our family stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and being in Chicago for the first time, we were quite anxious and did not know what to expect. As we checked out, we felt really fortunate to have chosen this hotel, albeit by accidental search over the internet.

Among the strengths that we've observed:-

1. Friendly staff, from the shuttle bus driver to the receptions. Well trained and have great soft skills/human touch.

2. Well maintained rooms and facilities - very nice and clean, great gym equipment, abundance choice of TV programs (mostly in HD)

3. Free flow of hot drinks - self-explanatory, especially in winter

4. Great location - peaceful and quiet neighbourhood, 10 minutes walk to the nearest train station (Cumberland) and grocery store (Dominicks), plenty of restaurants within 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

5. Coin operated laundromat - an absolute necessity especially if you travel with children..

6. Lots and lots of smiles from the employees... :)

Not sure when we'll be back to Chicago, but if we do, this is definitely the place we will stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I recently went on a short vacation to Chicago. While there, we stayed at this hotel. The parking and entrance were a bit confusing at first - we had no idea where to go. However, once we got checked in we were told about an underground parking garage which was great.

We did have a problem with the first room we were given (we wanted a single King and were given a room with 2 full), but the staff was very helpful and got it corrected immediately.

The only real negatives we had in regards to the room were: 1. The pillows were very small, and flattened out when used. As a side/stomach sleeper, this was a hassle for me and I had a hard time sleeping. 2. The air conditioner didn't seem to work well. I am a very warm person by nature, and the a/c just didn't seem to cool the room off very much.

Other than those 2 issues, the free breakfast was less than exceptional, but that is pretty standard with hotels.

The free wi-fi and free parking, in addition to the great staff, really made this a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Prescott
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I'm detest hotel noise, and I must say this is the quietest hotel I have ever stayed at. Furthermore, the location was great, the room was very comfortable and clean, the breakfast was excellent, the fitness center was more than adequate, and the staff was very professional. All in all, a great stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you found our hotel to be quiet and peaceful for you. Our main focus is on making sure that all of our guests are comfortable while they are here, and I am glad that was the case for you.

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are visiting the Chicago.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 9 nights on a business trip. The staff were very attentive and excellent. The hotel is, however, a little dated and in need of some renovations. This hotel was adequate, but not my choice it is not the nicest Springhill I have stayed in.

The breakfast was plentiful, but no organics, just the basic milk, yogurt, breads, banannas, waffles, I think there was also hot food, I did not eat much for breakfast. They have a good coffee setup with an assortment of teas.

The beds were very comfortable and the towels were clean. This was an average hotel on the better end of average.

The hotel was busy the weekend I stayed there, and I did call down to complain about some young people who were yelling and slamming doors in the hallway late Saturday night, security came up and addressed the complaint right away. Service here was great, staff are excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your stay with us. I apologize for the noisy kids, but I am glad that we addressed your complaint immediately and controlled the noise. Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay. We are going to be renovating our lobby in the near future, to give it a new look and appearance. For our breakfast choices, we do have a wide variety of options and are actually rolling out new breakfast options very soon. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the new things that we are offering. We look forward to having you stay with again the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!