“Great Service for our small group with my baby” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Anniston, Alabama
“Great Service for our small group with my baby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was comprehensive and accomodating. We booked our small group for a great group rate and because of their accomodating shuttle service, I never had to rent a car or pay for a cab. The room had everything I needed: fridge, microwave, couch and armchair, etc. It was nice and comfortable-- not luxurious-- But I did not want to pay for luxurious.
Staff also was very accomodating of our various room cancelations from the storm and-- oops-- that one wasn't supposed to be canceled can you put it back in-- requests.
I had my one year old with me and housekeeping did a good job of cleaning up the many crumbs she spread all over...
Overall I would definately stay again and recomend as a great hotel to book your group.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your wonderful feedback about your experience here. I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you and help you with all your needs during your stay. I am glad that you found all our amenities helpful and useful. I hope you will remember and stay with us again the next time you are visiting Chicago. Thank you again for being our guest!

680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The best things about this hotel are that it is where I needed to be, and I didn't have to hear all of the airplanes and the freeway. Their external soundproofing must be excellent. I did, however have to hear the kids (high school age?) staying on the same floor running around like idiots and babbling on and on in the hallway, and neighbors bathroom activities, so that soundproofing, not so good. The parking lot looks small, but it turns out that we were always able to find a spot, and they have a security guy out there at night, which is nice. Only comment on breakfast is that it didn't smell good, so we never tried it. Outback restaurant in the hotel was handy for us one of our nights there. Service was good, shuttle was handy. Hotel is close to the blue line, but not close enough to walk, but the shuttle will drop you off at the train station. Bed is good, not great. The sitting chair in our room was very uncomfortable, and there is a dearth of places to keep our stuff. Also the microwave didn't work, which was inconvenient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Thank you for your feedback about your experience with us. I am so glad that you found our hotel to be quiet from any outside noise. We do have double pane windows to prevent noise from disturbing our guests. I do apologize about the noise from our other guests. We do want to make sure all of our guests are comfortable while they stay with us. I am glad that you took advantage of some of our amenities we offer. I hope you will stay with us again in the future if you are visiting the Chicagoland area. Thank you again for being our guest!

Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at SpringHill Suites O'Hare for a business meeting and it exceeded my expectations in every way. The hotel provides a shuttle service to and from the airport every half hour and it is a short 8-10 minute ride each way.

In addition to well appointed rooms there is an Outback Restaurant connected to the hotel -- very welcomed after a long day of flying. There also are other restaurants in walking distance in the area, both of the neighborhood and chain variety.

The hotel offers a breakfast buffett each morning and, again, it was well beyond my expectations and well beyond what I have experiened at other SpringHill Suites both in terms of quality and variety. Another nice touch -- a station adjacent to the bank of elevators with tea and coffee and a computer to check in for flights and print your boarding pass.

In the past we have held this meeting at a full service Marriott about 1/4 mile away on the same street. I don't feel we gave up anything in the move. There were multiple nice meetnig rooms for our different committee meetings, the hotel arranged to have a dinner catered in one of their meeting rooms and even provided shuttle service to another nearby location for our group where we met the next day.

I would definitely stay there again personally and would be very comfortable scheduling a group there for a business meeting.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the freeway and odd number rooms face the less-noisy surface street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. And thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your experience here. We pride ourselves in making sure that we exceed our guests' expectations. It sounds like we were able to do that for you. It sounds like your meetings went well and I hope that we can schedule another meeting for you in the future. We look forward to serving you and your group in the future.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed for 1 night with a late flight into O'hare. The hotel is in a different building than typical Springhill Suites in the suburbs. It's right next to the freeway, so get a room on the other (front) side. The shuttle from O'hare was fine, and the next day the shuttle took us to the El station to go into Chicago. The shuttle in was fairly full, and even though we arrived late at night, they had many clerks to check guests in at once instead of waiting in line. Staff was friendly. Otherwise, fairly standard Springhill suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback about your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I know after a late flight, you were probably exhausted. So I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you efficiently. I hope that if and when you visit Chicago again, that you will stay with us and hopefully spend more time, taking advantage of our many amenities we offer.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

From the airport shuttle bus driver to the front desk, the staff at this hotel is excellent. Convenient to O Hare, this is a nice property particularly for those doing business near the airport. But it's the staff who make the difference between an average hotel and one that I will look forward to returning to in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I appreciate your kind and very positive comments about the staff here and your experience. I will pass that on to the rest of the team here. I am so glad that we were able to make your experience here memorable and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Thank you for being our guest!

Chicagoland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. A friend and I met in Chicago for the weekend and chose to stay here because we could each take their shuttle to the hotel. I arrived before my friend and checked in. When I got to the room, the door was open. So I called down and double checked that the room was ok. They put me on hold and said yes. It was weird, no apology or anything. We also had a strange, compact corner room but it worked ok. The room and hotel in general was very clean.

The location here is nice if you don't want to drive into the city. You can walk 10 minutes to the el station and take it into the city. We were going to the Vic Theatre, so we took the blue line to the Belmont bus station and took the bus to the theatre. Took about an hour total. Get a 24 hour CTA pass for $5.75.

Also a short walk from the hotel is a large grocery store, a Thai restaurant, a couple pizza places and Mac's Diner, a cute local spot. I also liked the Outback Steakhouse downstairs.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for your choosing to stay with us. I appreciate your feedback about the experience you had. I apologize about the situation you had when you arrived to your room. Our guest's safety is of our utmost importance, so I will pass this information on to the necessary departments and ensure that this doesn't continue on. I am glad that you found our location easily accessible to where you needed to go during your visit. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are visiting Chicago.

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I hosted a 2 day meeting at this hotel. It is very close to O'Hare airport with free shuttle bus every 30 minutes, 24 hours per day. The hotel is within walking distance (1/4 mile) from the train stop to ride into the city. The rooms are very nice with a divider between the sleeping area and a sitting area with sofa, side chair, and desk. The room had a microwave oven, refridgerator, speakerphone, and a big HD television. The conference room was set up correctly and well stocked with drinks and snacks. As our meeting went into the afternoon, the front desk was happy to give me a late check out so I could keep using my room as an office for the meeting I was hosting. The breakfast bar was typical fare: waffles, eggs, sausage, bagles and breads, cereal, etc. The breakfast area was quite busy at 7:00.
My only complaint and the only reason I don't rate this 5 stars is the lack of close-by restaurants. There is an Outback steakhouse in the hotel, but it isn't open for lunch. There is a mom-and-pop pizza and sandwiches shop about a block away that is good, but very limited. There is a Hooter's nearby, but that is it. That said, the free shuttle will drop you off and pick you up at nearby restaurants.
I would highly recommend this hotel, if access to restaurants is not an issue for you.

Room Tip: all rooms are good. Those on the south side are next to the freeway, but they have quad pane glass...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate your positive feedback about your entire experience, from your sleeping room to your meeting. I am so glad that everything went well for you while you were here with us. You are correct that there isn't a huge selection on restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, but again, we can shuttle guests to restaurants in the area, which there are plenty. I hope that we have exceeded your expectations for the hotel as a whole.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are traveling to the Chicagoland area. Thank you again for being our guest!

Guest Experience Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!