“A superb hotel in a fantastic city.” 5 of 5 stars

Park & Fly Special
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“A superb hotel in a fantastic city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed here in May 25 - June 1 along with my son and his girlfriend.
We stayed in 2 King Suite rooms on the 6th floor (606 and 623). Both rooms were large, with a fridge, microwave, kitchen area, a reading area, a large plasma TV, a King size bed and a bath with overhead shower. Everything in the room, as it was in the hotel, was absolutely spotless.
The hotel had a gym area, with approx 7 or 8 pieces of equipment to use and was never busy. The pool was lovely as well, although it was out of service for the last couple of days.
Breakfast was in an area just off of the reception and was open plan. This was plentiful with cereal, muffins, yoghurt, waffles (my fav!!), egg, sausage, bread, bagels, juice and coffee and tea. Coffee was also available all day downstairs. Breakfast was great, although the hotel was so busy on Saturday and Sunday, there wasn't enough space for everyone, so perhaps arrive for breakfast on these days earlier than planned. On other days, there was plenty of available tables.
The hotel provided a shuttle service to the airport (approx 10 minutes) and picks up at Door 2 on arrival, although they kindly drop you back to whatever terminal you need on the way home.
Onto the hotel staff. From the cleaners to the Manager (who helped me with the internet...thank you so much!!) everyone was so helpful, polite and friendly. They couldn't do enough for us and my many questions and are a credit to the hotel.
Never having visited America before, I doubted whether Americans could be as nice and genuine as they are portrayed but trust me, they really are the nicest people I have ever met. Chicago is also spotlessly clean and I have to say that the UK could learn so much in cleanliness, friendliness and manners displyed by everyone (youngsters as well) here in Chicago.
We mostly had dinner in the Outback Steakhouse, which is attached to the hotel, well 5 times actually!! What can I say about the Outback? Fabulous food at great prices, a great service and friendly staff, who were so courteous. You must go there for food!!
We also had a pizza take out from Spuntino across the road and at D'agostino's, just up the road. Both were great as well.
We brought drinks, supplies, bits and pieces up the road at Dominicks, just across the road from Cumberland CTA (about a 10 minute walk). The CTA is best to take you around the city. We bought a 7 day pass, to use on all CTA metros and buses, which cost $23 each and was well worth it. You can buy these online and they will send them to you in the UK, just give them a couple of weeks before you go.
We visited Wrigley Field to watchs the Cubs beat the Mets on the Thursday (how cold was it???!!! It was 0 degrees actually) and also visited Lincoln Park Zoo, took in a Weird Chicago tour (see online, a great tour, really informative and funny), the Willis Tower, Millennium Park, the Magnificent Mile, the Navy Pier and Woodfield Mall. We also took in the Memorial Day Parade, which was good to see. It was a busy week, quite exhausting but so much fun. For lunches out, we tried many recommended places, Al's Beef, Giordanos, The Cheesecake Factory (fab!!), R J Grunts, Ruby Tuesdays and a hot dog at Wrigley!!
The weather ranged from 0 degrees on the Thursday (33 degrees fahrenheit) to 33 degrees C on the Monday (91 degrees fahrenheit) so take all types of clothing.
All in all, an amazing holiday. Great places to visit and I would have no doubt in recommending you stay at the Springhill Suites O'Hare as a base. It's the best.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
San Francisco, CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

I traveled to Chicago for a wedding on 4/29 and decided on the Springhill due to the many positive reviews by TA travelers. True to their words, the Springhill was as described; clean, comfortable and convenient. The location was almost at the middle of all the places I needed to go during my weekend trip, about 20 minutes to the west, south and downtown Chicago. Our corner unit had two double beds, a pullout sofa in the living area, two new flatscreen TVs and a semi private bathroom/vanity area.

People who are not please with this hotel need to keep in mind that you can't get free WiFi, free parking and free breakfast for the price of the Springhill. The hotel rooms and facilities are just right for what you pay. My room was roomy for three people and my bed was just perfect. Sure the blanket was a little thin, but I didn't notice it; it was warm enough in the room with the thermostat set to 70 degrees. We discovered we were missing a bedsheet for the pull out sofa at 9pm; I called the front desk, and within 10 minutes someone
was at the door with the bedsheets.

Despite being in the O'Hare flight path, the noise from the airplanes were minimal. I used the underground parking as recommended by some TA members and found it very convenient. The garage was well lighted, dry and not as cramp as some other reviewers suggested. I drove a mid-size rental car and manuevered around with no problem (SUVs would have problem with the ceiling). The Outback steakhouse attached to the hotel is a plus for people arriving late. The food was typical Outback quality (not great but good enough), and someone must have clean up the tables since I did not find them sticky and greasy as reported in an earlier TA review.

The management of this hotel seems to monitor the reviews on TA and provides sincere responses. The condition of the hotel and attitude of the staff reflects the attention to provide a clean no frill hotel and excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite, it a little larger.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed here from April 21-23, 2011. Nice clean room. We were in a corner room, and I recommend one if you can due to the big beautiful windows (since it is by the highway the view was lacking - but we weren't there to look out windows - but to visit Chicago - but the jets going to O'Hare were impressive) Having a suite is great, it is a partial wall but much better than a regular room. Breakfast was warm with quite a selection of foods.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We have stayed at this Springhill Suite three times over the last two years. It is the closest hotel to my family in Oak Park that can accommodate our family of 6. The included breakfast is quite substantial; there is something for everyone to pick from. There is an underground parking garage for guests that many don't know about. We like the extra security. The kids like the pool - although it is nothing special. But in the winter it is a treat. The workout room has the necessities.

Our only complaint is the room. It is a little tight to accommodate 2 doubles and a pull out couch. We would prefer 2 queens, but that is hard to find anywhere. The beds seem a little old and worn, and the bedding is very average or below average. So many hotels now have the duvets and comforters - the thin little blankets don't feel substantial. The kitchenette is great for storing and reheating things families with young children may need.

Pontiac, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Just what the corporate and leisure traveler alike should be looking for. A hotel with the added feel that you're at home. The team at this property make you feel at home and they are always smiling. Parking is free and you're not far from downtown. Internet is fast and free. Of course O'Hare is nearby and I always feel safe.

Room Tip: All the suites are the best.
Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

The hotel was very clean and rooms were very modern. The hotel was in a great location and the staff was very friendly throughout the stay. We used the pool area and it was nice.

The only issue is I left my iPhone charger behind the night stand after checking out. I realized this probably 5 minutes after checking out and called the hotel and since I was not leaving the area until later that night . They said they would have Housekeeping search the room and they would bring it up to the front desk. When I went back later that night the front desk didn't know anything about the call from the morning. They let me go back up to the room but the charger was gone. It was my fault for forgetting this but I also wish I got it back since I called right away.

Overall the hotel was nice and had no other issues.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Horwedel, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear ewh88

Thank you for the nice comments regarding your stay here and I apologize for the problem with your charger. If you let me know what type of phone you have we will be happy to search in our lost and found, it was probably turned, in and return it to you.

Jim Horwedel General Manager
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Good value at $85 for single room. Room large, clean and quiet even though near elevators.

Figuring out where to park when checking in was a problem. On a Saturday night, there was no place to park and check in until I drove around the lot a couple of times. They should have at least one parking place in front designated for check-in. Underground parking garage was a plus once you checked in. Only one person at front desk at check-in on busy night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Horwedel, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Dear Mr.Joseph 19,

Thanks for the nice comments regarding your stay here last weekend and I am sorry you had a difficult time trying to park. As you recall, last weekend was the first nice here in Chicago and that brought a lot of local people to the Outback Steakhouse located in our lobby. Normally the parking is not as difficult as you encounted. We hope you will stay with us in the future if your travels bring you to the area.

Jim Horwedel

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!