My wife and I stayed here in May 25 - June 1 along with my son and his girlfriend.
We stayed in 2 King Suite rooms on the 6th floor (606 and 623). Both rooms were large, with a fridge, microwave, kitchen area, a reading area, a large plasma TV, a King size bed and a bath with overhead shower. Everything in the room, as it was in the hotel, was absolutely spotless.
The hotel had a gym area, with approx 7 or 8 pieces of equipment to use and was never busy. The pool was lovely as well, although it was out of service for the last couple of days.
Breakfast was in an area just off of the reception and was open plan. This was plentiful with cereal, muffins, yoghurt, waffles (my fav!!), egg, sausage, bread, bagels, juice and coffee and tea. Coffee was also available all day downstairs. Breakfast was great, although the hotel was so busy on Saturday and Sunday, there wasn't enough space for everyone, so perhaps arrive for breakfast on these days earlier than planned. On other days, there was plenty of available tables.
The hotel provided a shuttle service to the airport (approx 10 minutes) and picks up at Door 2 on arrival, although they kindly drop you back to whatever terminal you need on the way home.
Onto the hotel staff. From the cleaners to the Manager (who helped me with the internet...thank you so much!!) everyone was so helpful, polite and friendly. They couldn't do enough for us and my many questions and are a credit to the hotel.
Never having visited America before, I doubted whether Americans could be as nice and genuine as they are portrayed but trust me, they really are the nicest people I have ever met. Chicago is also spotlessly clean and I have to say that the UK could learn so much in cleanliness, friendliness and manners displyed by everyone (youngsters as well) here in Chicago.
We mostly had dinner in the Outback Steakhouse, which is attached to the hotel, well 5 times actually!! What can I say about the Outback? Fabulous food at great prices, a great service and friendly staff, who were so courteous. You must go there for food!!
We also had a pizza take out from Spuntino across the road and at D'agostino's, just up the road. Both were great as well.
We brought drinks, supplies, bits and pieces up the road at Dominicks, just across the road from Cumberland CTA (about a 10 minute walk). The CTA is best to take you around the city. We bought a 7 day pass, to use on all CTA metros and buses, which cost $23 each and was well worth it. You can buy these online and they will send them to you in the UK, just give them a couple of weeks before you go.
We visited Wrigley Field to watchs the Cubs beat the Mets on the Thursday (how cold was it???!!! It was 0 degrees actually) and also visited Lincoln Park Zoo, took in a Weird Chicago tour (see online, a great tour, really informative and funny), the Willis Tower, Millennium Park, the Magnificent Mile, the Navy Pier and Woodfield Mall. We also took in the Memorial Day Parade, which was good to see. It was a busy week, quite exhausting but so much fun. For lunches out, we tried many recommended places, Al's Beef, Giordanos, The Cheesecake Factory (fab!!), R J Grunts, Ruby Tuesdays and a hot dog at Wrigley!!
The weather ranged from 0 degrees on the Thursday (33 degrees fahrenheit) to 33 degrees C on the Monday (91 degrees fahrenheit) so take all types of clothing.
All in all, an amazing holiday. Great places to visit and I would have no doubt in recommending you stay at the Springhill Suites O'Hare as a base. It's the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the right choice, make the smart choice! We offer a hot breakfast, parking, and the fastest high speed internet all complimentary. Traveling to O'Hare; use our convenient 24 hour O'Hare Airport shuttle service. It leaves the hotel at :15 and :45 past every hour (please call for pick-up 11pm-6am). Once at airport, make your way to the bus/shuttle center. We pick- up at door #2 (2 times per hour). Located minutes from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Allstate Arena, Rosemont Theater and NEW Rivers Casino. Conveniently close to the CTA 'Blue Line'. Take the train downtown to see the Magnificent Mile, Chicago Museums, McCormick Place or many other attractions. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy easy access to Chicago Cubs, White Sox, Chicago Bears and Blackhawk games. Our all suite-property includes spacious rooms which all have a fridge and microwave. Find time to use our Indoor swimming pool and 24 hour fitness center. With over 6,000 sq ft of flexible meeting space, we can help plan your next event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Chicago Springhill Suites