“Excellent value!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Excellent value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

You know those restaurants where you pay a little more, but it's worth it! Well, this is most definitely one of those! We didn't feel like driving around so we went to the hotel restaurants I the lobby. What a great decision! My wife had the veggie sandwich, son had the cheeseburger, daughter had the cheese pizza and I had lasagna with meatballs. Best lasagnai have ever had while eating out! In fact, we were all very happy with our food. Our waiter, Juan was super, the seating was very comfortable and everything was terrific! Highly recommend this place if you stay here

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Nothing too special here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had the breakfast omlette. Nothing to write home about here. Service was blah. Food was okay. Restaurant is basically a coffee shop in a hotel. Heard their pizza was good, but this review is based off of breakfast.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philly
“pricey, but ok for a quick bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had lunch here mid-week. Wasn't too busy so was seated and served fairly fast, good during the busy work week when attending to other business meetings. My choice was the Cobb salad which did not disappoint. It was creatively made with a 'rolled' slice of flat bread that encircled the salad inside it...too crunchy to eat for my taste. Lots of pieces of meat and vegetables in the salad. Large enough so you wont go hungry later in the day...didnt need to get an appetizer, altho you could pair this with a cup of soup. Rather pricey at $13, but only Cosi or Panera can equal the quality at a lesser quantity and price. I also took a piece of chocolate cake back to the room for later, and they don't lie, it is enough for two! I think that thing sat around in the fridge for many additional days of noshing. Alittle slow on the "check, please" since they weren't that busy. Soda/iced tea overpriced at $3 altho you could probably get refills.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“What is an appetizer?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When we arrived, we were seated very quickly. The waitor took a minute to take the order then didn't come back until he brought the food. Our appetizer and entrees were all brought at the same time. I wanted to have dessert, but our waitor took so long to come back I didn't know when I would get out of there. I passed on dessert and quickly got my check. Overall food quality was good. Nothing that was worth going back too. Great date atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Unfortunately a typical hotel restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Food was very good, atmosphere in restaurant and at bar were severely lacking in my opinion

Visited January 2013
CFOManager, General Manager at Chicago Fire Oven, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We appreciate your review. I was happy to hear that you found your meal to be excellent. Our number one goal is always to provide a tasty meal. It is unfortunate you found the atmosphere to be lacking, but we hope you will come back soon to give our restaurant another try to prove we are anything but typical.

Cher Jacobsen