“Good for a stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Good for a stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

All the staff are very helpful no matter what your query. Bar a bit over-priced. Pool a mit murky but that may have just been during my stay. Train station only 10 minutes walk from hotel and then 45 minutes by train to downtown Chicago and all for $5 return! I did not sample the restaurant food so cannot comment. Only 10 minutes on the free shuttle to airport (which runs every 20 minutes).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Cartoline B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Hopefully next time you will be able to join us in the restaurant. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Odense, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and the nicest front desk people I have ever met. Great restaurant.
Good shuttle service and super rooms.
I arrived late at night and trouble with my credit card ( forgot to open up for international security). The way the people at the front desk tried to help me out after an eight hour flight delay from Europe, was simply fantastic. I will never forget this.

• Stayed October 2013
Jphilt,

That’s awesome to hear. Nothing worse than traveling so far to experience any difficulty. It is great to hear our team was able to help you out. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about it!
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights for a convention held across the street. The convention rate was $154.75 before the exorbitant Chicago taxes.

Having stayed two years before at the Hyatt across the street, as a comparison I find that the buffet breakfast there to be superior to the Hilton’s, with much more variety of food items. I also found the Hyatt’s lounges to be superior to the Hilton. Nonetheless, the Hilton hotel staff was friendly, the room size more than adequate for a single traveler with a comfortable king bed, and both the bath and room were clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
DrHumbug,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room. We appreciate your comments on our buffet, and we will see what else we can do to make that offering more appealing. If there was something specific you thought should be on the buffet, please send me a note.
Forest Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We selected this hotel to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. During the check in process I specifically asked the clerk if our key cards were coded. We get to the 9th floor and Guess What - our cards did not work. I went all the way back to the desk and stated our cards did not work. I never got a "Im Sorry for the inconvenience". They said nothing. This left a very bad taste in our mouth.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Michelle M,

I am truly sorry about your experience with my Front Desk team. They are usually quite nice and accommodating. It is understandable how frustrating it is to get all the way to your room and the keys not work. When you get to your 5 ½ year anniversary, please call me personally, I would like to make this up to you. Thank you for completing a review, and I do hope for the opportunity to earn your loyalty back.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was extremely pleased with this outstanding hotel. The service that I received from this professional staff was extraordinary, especially Justin. The location was ideal for O'Hare commutes and Rosemont business districts. It is also near the CTA train station for downtown. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The rate was reasonable for this hotel and the season.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Samuel K,

Great to hear. Thank you for submitting your review about our hotel. I hope your travels will return to you us soon.
Avon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My experience here was outstanding. My husband and I travel occasionally and this was a wonderful place to stay, we were spoiled. AND we had our automobile at the parking garage on site for a week during our trip and it was cared for excellently as well and for a reasonable price. I recommend this Hotel as the BEST in Chicago and area. I was very impressed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Marian W,

Thank you for submitting a review of our property. I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. Parking does work very easily here especially with our close proximity to the airport. We look forward to seeing you again!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I arrived early for my reservation on October 21st, but was still allowed to check in prior to the normal time (I was very grateful for this). I was excited about venturing to the downtown Chicago area to see some points of interest; however, I had no idea where I was going. The front desk clerk, Justin was very helpful in reviewing the "Chicago map" with me, and giving me great hints. Thanks to him, I didn't even get lost!! That evening, I went to the restaurant (Liberty Lounge) to have dinner. The server, Tamicah was working by herself that evening, and was faced with several parties coming in at the same time. Despite the challenges with how busy it became all at once, she continued to exude professionalism and was very pleasant. After dinner, I went over to the lounge to have a cocktail. The bartenders, Irena and Jenny were fabulous, as well as the barback/busser ( I cannot recall his name unfortunately). They worked perfectly as a team, and were very personable with the guests. Their interaction and efficiency clearly kept the customers there longer, myself included. The next evening, when I visited the lounge again, they were slammed with a large party of guests. Despite the number of guests present, Irena and Jenny were poised and professional...smiling the entire time while still maintaining the demands for the drinks. I was impressed!! Having spent a great number of years in the hospitality industry myself, I can honestly say that most people would have been "in the weeds" so to say. If they ever felt that way, it did not show.
There were several other awesome staff members who helped me with a few things too... Marcus at the front desk, (who I kept bugging to make sure I had everyone's names correct), Luther in accounting for working out an error that I had made with my room charges, and all of the other friendly folks that helped to make my stay pleasant.
The food in the restaurant was quite good. The prices are a bit high for both food and drinks, but no more than any other Hilton property. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The skywalk to the convention center was very convenient. The shuttle service was prompt. I have absolutely no complaints!

Tara Thompson

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tara T,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review with such detail. I am truly thrilled to hear abour your positive experience not only in our hotel but Chicago. We do look forward to seeing you again in the Spring / Summer so you can enjoy even more venues in the area.

Been to Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!