“LOUD AND EXPENSIVE” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sacramento, United States
“LOUD AND EXPENSIVE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

During my stay the neighbors where very loud. HILTON charges for EVERYTHING parking is 22 bucks even if a friend come to pick up some papers for five minutes. The internet also charges you for each device my smart phone and laptop got a 10 charge. Front desk is RUDE!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Johnathan M,
I’m sorry that your neighbors were noisy during your stay with us. It’s not clear from your message if you called our front desk to have the issue addressed, as we would have been happy to do so.
We do charge for services just like other hotels, and our daily parking fee is competitive with other properties in the area. We do have an area for short term parking, for which we do not charge.
Our WIFI service detects devices by IP address. As you know, we did remove the 2nd device charge for the internet. I’m sorry that getting the charge removed was problematic for our front desk staff.
Thank you for your review, and I hope you will consider staying with us again when traveling to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
chicago, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel staff is very rude. They wouldnt allow us to take breakfast out from the restaurant in the morning. The front desk staff did not acknowledge my Gold status with HHonors. the management didnt do anything to solve the problems

Dear Abdi T,
As we discussed while you were staying in the hotel, there is a reason why buffet food shouldn’t be taken out of the restaurant, which you told me you understood. Our staff could have done a better job explaining that to you, and for that I apologize.
For the record, you were granted all the benefits due an Hhonors Gold member.
I appreciated your email following your stay thanking me for my time with you, as well as for my gesture of hospitality. To say that management did nothing is patently false.
Please call me directly if you wish to further discuss your concerns.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel was surprisingly quite nice for an airport hotel. The rooms were very spacious and had most of the common amenities, but strangely no mini-fridge. The bed was pretty comfortable as well. All in all, a decent value if you ever have a layover at O'Hare. The complimentary airport shuttle runs about every 20 minutes and it only takes about 7-8 minutes to get to/from the airport.

Unfortunately, as another guest pointed out, the elevators in this hotel are extremely noisy. We were about 10 rooms away from the elevator and we heard it all day, all night, which got to be pretty annoying. I know most guests are out of their rooms for conferences and meetings during the day, but I worked from the room every day during our stay and found the housekeeping staff to be pretty noisy as well -- they would frequently stand in the hallways and chitchat, take mobile phone calls, etc.

Finally, the worst part about the hotel is its "restaurant", Liberty Tavern. The service in the restaurant was great, but the food unfortunately was awful in almost every regard. The menu items are outdated and uninspired, but on top of that they were also poorly prepared. The crab cakes were inedible -- they tasted frozen and well beyond their freezer shelf-life, not to mention anything fried had that stale oil taste. Breakfast was slightly better, but still many items weren't well prepared. For example, the poached eggs were dripping with water -- guys, grab a slotted spoon and a towel and dry those bad boys off before you plate them! The only saving grace for the restaurant was the amazing Greek yogurt they put out for breakfast.

If you decide to stay here, request one of the top floors and a room away from the elevator. It's worth the 20 minute walk in freezing rain to grab food elsewhere.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, away from the elevator but beware of floor 9 rooms that are under their 24 hou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear wayne5301,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. While I appreciate the positive comments regarding the comfort of your room, clearly we could have done a better job with the menu items you ordered from our restaurant. We use guest feedback to make improvements to our products and services, and rest assured we will be following up with our culinary team to address your concerns.
Also, our elevator is undergoing repairs to fix the noise issue. I apologize for the disturbance this caused you.
We certainly hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you how much better we really can be.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Let me give you some positives first. Staff were friendly and the rooms clean. We had recognition of our issues by junior staff but senior management need to improve the basic systems at this hotel.

Arriving after not sleeping for 24 hours plus from Sydney, we wanted a healthy quick dinner and a warm room as it was wet and cold in Chicago. That would appear too much for this place. There was no heating and the front desk explained that the air con system couldn't deliver warmth until this evening. Got a heater and the air con did finally work but it was rather poor service.

The food here is a shambles if you want anything healthy. We explained that we could not eat dairy products. We spelt this out and had the order read back and confirmed to us. So 45 minutes later when it arrived covered in cheese, the veges covered with butter. Tired and wanting to get a quick bite before sleep this experience was poor.It was lucky my wife saved me from eating it or we would have had a real issue.

We are at a conference at the Donald Stephens centre(next door) for 5 days, but we will check out tomorrow and head into town to stay in a somewhere that has a hotel with decent food. It will be worth the commute.

Stay here if you need a one night stop over and you don't care about eating well.

Ps: cable news Chanel's out as well.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Wellnestraveller,
We too are disappointed that your stay wasn’t as enjoyable as it should have been. I apologize that we couldn’t adjust your room temperature to a comfortable level, nor was the menu item ordered on Wednesday evening to your liking. Our goal is always for complete guest satisfaction, and so we did immediately re-cook the menu item to try to make it right for you, as well as removed the charge from your bill.
Also, the severe storms passing through our area did temporarily disrupt some television reception. All channels are now working properly.
I’m sorry that your experience at our hotel wasn’t all it should have been, and certainly hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nice but noisy.

Staying here right now. Was wondering where the recurring sound of machinery was coming from, I actually though it might be building construction so started looking around. Although I am a few rooms down the hall, turns out it is the elevator(s). Not sure if it is one or all of them but wow, I won't be sleeping well tonight. If it is just one of the three elevators, they need to shut it down and fix it.

There is also a "Vaping Conference" taking place. Attendees look more Motel 6 than Hilton.

Nice property otherwise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear mike I,
Thanks for your review. I apologize for the noise coming from one of our elevators, but please know that the necessary repairs are being made presently.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again, as we do have a very nice hotel with a great staff.
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We winter in Zihuatanejo, Mexico, and arrive back to Chicago O'Hare in the middle of the night. The Hilton Rosemont is the only hotel where we can get room service early in the a.m. This year the front desk man delivered it. Beautiful beds, amenities, and breakfast. We highly recommend this as you travel state-side and abroad.

Room Tip: All are beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mary H,
Thanks for posting a review of your stay on Trip Advisor, and appreciate your high recommendation of our hotel. Glad you enjoyed our late night room service also.
We hope to see you again on another trip to Rosemont.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great value for the parking and hotel room for the night before the flight. Room was nice. I can't say more because I didn't spend enough waking hours. Everything worked for my trip out and my car was fine when I returned.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!