The Hilton is conveniently located near Ohare and other major hotels. It is also walking distance from many restaurants.
The hotel itself is very neat, well kept and the service is excellent. It's a large hotel with most of the amenities you would want.
As a Hilton Honor's Gold member, the free breakfast was a bit better than most and was a buffet including Eggs Benedict, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and the usual selection of cereals, fruits and breads.
The rooms are nicely appointed and larger than most airport hotels which is not surprising since this is more of a convention hotel (across from the Stevens Convention Center) than an airport hotel; it just happens to be near a major airport.
Just walk west (left) on Bryn Mawr Avenue (the hotel, although a River Road address, is actually on Bryn Mawr) and you will pass Morton's Steakhouse. Just past that is a center with several decent restaurants. You can also visit the restaurants at the Hyatt, if you walk east on Bryn Mawr, just over River Road.
The only issue that I have with the hotel (and Ohare) is that the shuttle bus comes every twenty minutes (outside shuttle doors 2/3). Since the shuttle does not necessarily stop and announce itself, and sine it can park well beyond your line of sight if you're inside the terminal waiting, you could easily miss it and need to wait another 20 minutes until the next one. That's not that big of an issue in the warm weather but waiting outside in Chicago in the winter is not my idea of a great start to a trip. I would think that, being so close to the airport they would run the shuttle every 15 or even 10 minutes. Either that, or make sure that the shuttle driver sticks his head inside the terminal to announce that he is there. While I was waiting there were at least 5 Holiday Inn shuttles, and several from the Hyatt and Sheraton Four Points as well as many others including some low end places. I think this is one area in which the Hilton could step up their game. The next time, I'll just take a taxi.
Other than the shuttle, this is a great place to stay with very helpful and friendly staff and the rooms are large and comfortable. I have stayed here often and will continue to use this hotel when I fly in or out f Ohare.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Rosemont / Chicago o`Hare Hotel
- Hilton Rosemont / Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rosemont Chicago O'Hare is conveniently located just minutes from Chicago O'Hare International Airport and connected via enclosed sky bridge to Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Our hotel features 300 guest rooms and suites, 24 hour room service, complimentary shuttle service to O'Hare Airport and Rivers Casino, indoor pool, fitness center, wireless internet access (nominal fee) and Liberty Tavern Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.