“Outstanding rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Sedro Woolley, Washington
“Outstanding rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The rooms were very clean as is the case with most of the Hilton hotels. The location is not the best for walking distance to resturants. I have not stayed at this hotel before but it is better then some of the others. It is a bit of a walk to the convention center and if you are going in the summer the walkways get a bit hot.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and I had an average view but the room had a good place to work.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Nate R,
Thanks for posting your comments. We are located very close to the Park at Rosemont which boasts several themed restaurants, movie theatre and bowling alley, all just a 5 minute walk from our hotel. We’re also located directly across the street from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, and we are the only hotel on River Road where you can walk across an enclosed sky-bridge to the convention center during poor weather.
Thank you for staying with us, and hope you do so again when travel brings you back to our area.

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel is in pretty in good shape, well located and most of all; very affordable. The CTA Blue line station is just short walk away. The hotel has a friendly staff, which helped me diligently when I need it. The rooms are updated and as usual at Hilton you get a complimentary news paper every day.
There are a couple of restaurants around and a movie theater, not bad in case you get bored.
In summary, it is a pretty nice hotel to stay when you are in business, which was my case. Now if you plan to go for Chicago sightseeing and stuff stop and look for something closer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Candrade35,
Thanks for your review of our hotel. It’s nice to read you enjoyed our hotel and friendly staff. Thanks also for mentioning that we’re located very close to the Park at Rosemont which has several restaurants, a movie theatre and bowling alley.
We hope you visit us again when returning to our area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My first time staying at this hotel, and was pleasantly surprised. We go to Chicago often to visit family and need to stay in a hotel that will accommodate our dog. Staff was friendly (check in gentleman was very nice) Room was modern, clean and comfortable. Exactly what I would expect from the Hilton Brand. My only complaint was that I had requested extra towels from their online request tool, and did not receive them...in fact we only had 2 towels, where at other Hilton hotels, I usually get 3. One suggestion to Management is that you need an area for dogs to "do their business" I had to walk across the lot to a little area by another buildings parking lot...and in the cold, it was not fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Consultant7,
Thanks for your review. I’m so pleased that we lived up to your expectations for a Hilton Hotel, and that you found our property to be modern, clean and comfortable. I apologize that the extra towels that you ordered in advance were not in your room upon arrival as they should have been. We have taken steps to ensure this doesn’t reoccur.
Thanks for staying with us, and hope that you will do so again when visiting family in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very nice updated hotel in a good location. Easy on & off toll roads. Room was very quiet with quality linens, mattress, and soaps. I will say that the shampoo is more up my ally than my wife's. women may want to bring there own shampoo... Thanks Hilton for a great nights stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ttampa,
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I’m glad you found our hotel to be convenient to the expressway’s, as well as for our fine linens and amenities.
We hope you stay with us again on a future trip back to our area.
fargo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here several times-most recently this weekend. The hotel is clean, quiet and convenient. Only a few miles and a free shuttle from ORD, this is a great airport hotel. There are great restaurants within walking distance including Capitol Grill, Morton's and a host of others. Also a short walk to to CTA Blue line. I often stay out by the airport and take the train downtown.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear dan c,
Thanks for your review. Many of our guests comment on how clean, modern and quiet they find the hotel to be, and we’re pleased to read you felt this way as well. Thanks also for mentioning all the nice restaurants in our area.
We hope to serve you again when passing through the Rosemont/O’Hare area.
Sheridan, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Rosemont Hilton is just a couple of miles from O'Hare Airport with free shuttle service every 20 minutes to the airport and only a 5 minute walk to the train to downtown (which costs $2.25 per person). Parking was $18 per day in addition for our room rate. Just make sure if you GPS the hotel to put in the physical address as ours took us right to the airport where there is another Hilton at the terminal.

The Hotel was in very good condition. The rooms were clean, large and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and shiny and there was no sign of mildew even by the tub.

For our three girls (6, 4, & 1) the hotel was very nice. Our room had a floor to ceiling bay window facing the airport and our girls were entertained by watching airplanes float by our window. The pool room was beautiful. The pool was between 4' and 4.5' deep so it was difficult for our girls to feel comfortable in there without us taking them around ourselves - not a problem but something to consider.

We found this hotel on Hotwire.com for a rate cheaper than most 2 star hotels. We were treated just the same and they accommodated our request for two double beds and a crib with a smile. I saw some reviews from Priceline customers who said they were not flexible however this was not the case we found. This may be because Hotwire asks how many children will be travelling with you.

I would highly recommend this hotel for any type of traveler except for those who desire to be in the heart of downtown.

Room Tip: We were assigned room 1001 and with Hotwire I never ask for anything other than the number of beds...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Amsdentraveler,
Thanks for your posting on Trip Advisor. We’re so pleased that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and a great location for your visit. Glad that you and your family enjoyed the pool and views of Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport as well.
We hope to welcome you back on future trips to our area.
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked this hotel via priceline.com which gave me a great price for a 3-star hilton hotel within driving distance from chicago city and with free parking. I was planning a 3-day 3-night trip with friends. When I arrived, I was told that since I booked via priceline.com, the only room available was a room on the smoking floor with a single king-sized bed, and that "there is no such thing as free parking here at the Hilton, Priceline must have made a mistake". The printed itinerary from priceline.com clearly stated that parking was free, so I told them to call priceline.com and discuss it with them, but that I had selected free parking as part of my hotel prerequisites. They finally agreed to extend it as a "free courtesy" but somehow a bill for 2 days of parking was slipped under my door on the day of check-out. Hmm.
The room on the smoking room smelled like an ashtray, and no amount of febreeze could fix the problem. I slept but woke with the strongest headache ever. The next day, we complained, and got switched to another room on a non-smoking floor, which is fine.
The rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel was right across from a couple of large convention centers, and from several corporate building, which makes it a great location for business. Kinda far from the city, but the rail and highway are readily accessible. And priceline offered it at a great price.
So, all-in-all, I think this would be a very good hotel had it not been for the aforementioned problems. However, I do realize that they have no obligation to extend me any courtesies since I booked via a 3rd party at a very low price. So I shouldn't be complaining.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Hussam G
Thanks for your review. We will follow up with Priceline regarding their written confirmation indicating that parking is free, as our hotel information listed on Priceline clearly indicates that self parking is available for a fee. I apologize that a smoking room was all we had available on your first night, but glad to know that you were changed to a non-smoking room for the remainder of your stay.
We hope you will consider staying with us again when traveling back to the Rosemont/O’Hare area.

Been to Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!