“Very nice O'Hare-area hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park for Pennies
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
Detroit, Michigan
“Very nice O'Hare-area hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I split my time on a recent visit to ChiTown between two Hiltons - the Chicago Hilton downtown and the Hilton Rosemont/O'Hare. The Chicago Hilton wins the location prize, but the Rosemont Hilton wins the nice hotel award.
The hotel is pleasant from the minute you enter its revolving door - a big, clean, airy sleek lobby, with very attractive sitting areas and an inviting bar. It's a very relaxing and calming setting, particularly if you've been dealing with O'Harried Airport.
The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and check-in was a breeze. My room was large, handsome and comfortable, with the requisite flat-screen TV sitting on top of the desk.
Inside the room was an uber-comfortable king-sized bed with ample pillows, along with nice furnishings and a great work desk. Much to my delight, the in-room coffee service featured Lavazza coffee and actual liquid creamer. The bathroom too was large, clean and well-equipped, with good Peter Thomas Roth bath products.
I ordered out for a Giordano's pizza so I didn't sample the room service, but the menu looked good, if typically overpriced. The hotel also featured an attractive restaurant and bar.
For recreation, the Hilton has a pool and fitness room. There's also a business center with computers, printers, etc that's free of charge to guests.
The Hilton is on River Road, the main O'Hare-area hotel strip in Rosemont. It's across from the Stephens Convention Center. The airport area is not exactly compelling, and dining options beyond the hotel are limited.
The hotel is about 2 1/2 long suburban blocks from the Rosemont stop on the CTA's blue line, and from there it's about a 35-40 minute ride into downtown Chicago. The River Road area is designed for cars, not people, but lots of people walk to the Rosemont station. And if you're tired, you can always take the hotel shuttle to O'Hare and catch the Blue Line from there.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I like this Hilton as it is near O'Hare and I can fly in and take free shuttle to hotel. With CTA train nearby, you don't really need to rent a car. The hotel is clean, modern, with nice size rooms and bathrooms. I have stayed in the Junior Suite and enjoy this room if you are going to have friends visiting you. As a Hilton Honors Gold member I received free full breakfast and high speed internet on my visit in March. The restaurant has never been very busy when I have eaten breakfast their(usually on a Sunday morning). Only caveat is when there is a large "family" type convention going on. I was on the 10th floor near pool and elevators and there was a constant stream of young people passing through the hall chattering and laughing so it was noisy most of day and until after 10pm at night. The Rosemont Hilton has a nice business center and I have used it each time I stay instead of bringing my personal laptop. Nice pool on 10th floor is also a plus.

Room Tip: You cannot beat a Junior Suite
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Worked a grueling 40+ hours over 4 days at the Hyatt across the street and stayed at the Hilton. The room was extremely comfortable and cozy...very modern and well appointed. Bed and pillows were fantastic. Room was large and the bathroom was modernized and had great bath products.

My feet were killing me and I wanted to use a hot tub so I found my way up to the 10th floor to the pool/gym area and was disappointed to see there was no hot tub :( My only other complaint is the parking...if you self-park and walk from the garage to the lobby, be prepared to put on your best hiking shoes as it's a LONG, confusing walk. Trust me, drop off your suitcases first!!!

They charge $10 a day for internet, typical of this type of hotel. Parking is $18 a day, steep but cheaper than the Hyatt across the street.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is great for a number of reasons. The location is very close to O'Hare for those flying, and right off 294 for drivers. This was good for me as I avoided traffic on 94 into downtown. The transit station is within walking distance but the hotel desk was nice enough to get us a shuttle at our exact time to the station. The AAA rate I was able to obtain off Hilton's website was only $99, a great value for a hotel this nice.

The decor is very trendy and welcoming, and the common areas and rooms are extremely clean. Beds are very comfortable, rooms are spacious, and bathrooms have everything you need. Our room had a big flat panel TV. Windows go from floor to ceiling, a nice view if you're up high enough and face downtown.

The only downside was the $18 for self parking, high for a hotel not located downtown Chicago. If flying in, you could take the blue line one stop and walk or cab it to avoid this daily charge.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011 via mobile

Close to ORD good shuttle service full restaurant and room service perfect for a tired traveller in need of a comfortable room and a hearty meal

• Stayed May 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011 via mobile

Overall is a great hotel, typical Hilton. Very easy to get to the airport. The only distraction is the front desk. There is a lady named Stella, she was not friendly and helpful at all. I was expecting a package before I catch my flight, I checked UPS website found out the package is already arrived, so I went to talk to her. The first sentence came out was do u stay here? Are u a guest? Of course i am. Why would I send a package if I am not staying there. The second time I ask her whether I can borrow a scale, she said she doesn't know what I am saying and she said they don't have one , they dont have that kind of service and she can't help me. Later on I tried again with a gentleman named Ryan, he asked the housekeeper to deliver the scale to my room after five minutes. Working together but huge difference. If u stay in this hotel and u need help, better talk to sb else.

• Stayed April 2011
Gordy58, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate the feedback, and will use your comments to make improvements.
Thanks for staying with us, and hope you will do so again when traveling through the O'Hare/Rosemont area.
Gordon Humbert
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

I selected this hotel because it offered a free airport shuttle, was reasonably near my destination, and it was well priced. The rooms were modern and clean, with everything functioning well. Appreciated the extra blanket and the comfortable chair with ottoman, as well as the many comfy pillows. My stay was quiet and comfortable and I have no complaints.

I had a quick lunch in the bar one day and found the food was surprisingly good and the waitress/bartender to be very efficient and nice. Front desk staff was also good with all interactions. They have a 24 hours convenience shop next to the reception desk, which came in handy when I arrived too late for restaurants to be open due to a flight delay. The shop is well stocked with items you might need (though oddly no combs or brushes to be had!) Prices are typically convenience store high, of course.

One drawback is that although there is free wireless in the lobby, you have to pay for it in the room - but I found that given the price of the hotel, it was still a better deal to add it as needed than select a more expensive hotel with free wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!