“Great Hilton near O'Hare” 4 of 5 stars

Park for a Penny!
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, TN
“Great Hilton near O'Hare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I like this Hilton as it is near O'Hare and I can fly in and take free shuttle to hotel. With CTA train nearby, you don't really need to rent a car. The hotel is clean, modern, with nice size rooms and bathrooms. I have stayed in the Junior Suite and enjoy this room if you are going to have friends visiting you. As a Hilton Honors Gold member I received free full breakfast and high speed internet on my visit in March. The restaurant has never been very busy when I have eaten breakfast their(usually on a Sunday morning). Only caveat is when there is a large "family" type convention going on. I was on the 10th floor near pool and elevators and there was a constant stream of young people passing through the hall chattering and laughing so it was noisy most of day and until after 10pm at night. The Rosemont Hilton has a nice business center and I have used it each time I stay instead of bringing my personal laptop. Nice pool on 10th floor is also a plus.

Room Tip: You cannot beat a Junior Suite
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Worked a grueling 40+ hours over 4 days at the Hyatt across the street and stayed at the Hilton. The room was extremely comfortable and cozy...very modern and well appointed. Bed and pillows were fantastic. Room was large and the bathroom was modernized and had great bath products.

My feet were killing me and I wanted to use a hot tub so I found my way up to the 10th floor to the pool/gym area and was disappointed to see there was no hot tub :( My only other complaint is the parking...if you self-park and walk from the garage to the lobby, be prepared to put on your best hiking shoes as it's a LONG, confusing walk. Trust me, drop off your suitcases first!!!

They charge $10 a day for internet, typical of this type of hotel. Parking is $18 a day, steep but cheaper than the Hyatt across the street.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is great for a number of reasons. The location is very close to O'Hare for those flying, and right off 294 for drivers. This was good for me as I avoided traffic on 94 into downtown. The transit station is within walking distance but the hotel desk was nice enough to get us a shuttle at our exact time to the station. The AAA rate I was able to obtain off Hilton's website was only $99, a great value for a hotel this nice.

The decor is very trendy and welcoming, and the common areas and rooms are extremely clean. Beds are very comfortable, rooms are spacious, and bathrooms have everything you need. Our room had a big flat panel TV. Windows go from floor to ceiling, a nice view if you're up high enough and face downtown.

The only downside was the $18 for self parking, high for a hotel not located downtown Chicago. If flying in, you could take the blue line one stop and walk or cab it to avoid this daily charge.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Close to ORD good shuttle service full restaurant and room service perfect for a tired traveller in need of a comfortable room and a hearty meal

• Stayed May 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Overall is a great hotel, typical Hilton. Very easy to get to the airport. The only distraction is the front desk. There is a lady named Stella, she was not friendly and helpful at all. I was expecting a package before I catch my flight, I checked UPS website found out the package is already arrived, so I went to talk to her. The first sentence came out was do u stay here? Are u a guest? Of course i am. Why would I send a package if I am not staying there. The second time I ask her whether I can borrow a scale, she said she doesn't know what I am saying and she said they don't have one , they dont have that kind of service and she can't help me. Later on I tried again with a gentleman named Ryan, he asked the housekeeper to deliver the scale to my room after five minutes. Working together but huge difference. If u stay in this hotel and u need help, better talk to sb else.

• Stayed April 2011
Gordy58, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate the feedback, and will use your comments to make improvements.
Thanks for staying with us, and hope you will do so again when traveling through the O'Hare/Rosemont area.
Gordon Humbert
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

I selected this hotel because it offered a free airport shuttle, was reasonably near my destination, and it was well priced. The rooms were modern and clean, with everything functioning well. Appreciated the extra blanket and the comfortable chair with ottoman, as well as the many comfy pillows. My stay was quiet and comfortable and I have no complaints.

I had a quick lunch in the bar one day and found the food was surprisingly good and the waitress/bartender to be very efficient and nice. Front desk staff was also good with all interactions. They have a 24 hours convenience shop next to the reception desk, which came in handy when I arrived too late for restaurants to be open due to a flight delay. The shop is well stocked with items you might need (though oddly no combs or brushes to be had!) Prices are typically convenience store high, of course.

One drawback is that although there is free wireless in the lobby, you have to pay for it in the room - but I found that given the price of the hotel, it was still a better deal to add it as needed than select a more expensive hotel with free wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Stayed here using HHonors point stretchers so the rate was decent (18,000 points). Was upgraded to top floor corner room with breakfast coupons and internet per Honors policy without asking.

Good: Nice size room, good amenities. Fairly quiet. Shuttle every 20 minutes.

Bad: Poor water pressure and barely warm on hot setting. Some confusion about using breakfast coupons even though rules are clearly written on them.

Decent option for overnight at ORD.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Gordy58, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback, and will use your comments to make improvements.
Gordon Humbert

Been to Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!