“Convenient and consistent” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Balmoral Avenue
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
New York City, New York
“Convenient and consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This Capital Grill is adjacent to the Intercontinental at O'hare. It is very convenient, especially if you're a guest at the hotel. Service is attentive - most importantly, they are highly attuned to your time needs. If you're in a rush, they'll really move to get you in and out. If want things to slow down, they're happy to do so. The food is pretty much the same at all of the Capital Grills, which is to say, quite good. All in all, I enjoy going here when I'm at the Intercontinental.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Onlaska
“To wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I hosted a dinner and cocktail hour 433 people. They were able to accommodate our group easily between your O'Hare room and wine room. Service was top-notch. Wine selection was great. Variety of food for the group was outstanding. We couldn't find anything wrong. Bonus was to have a TV in the room to watch the football game!

Visited October 2013
Chicago
“The stoned waiter and average food make for a poor review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We've been to this restaurant a couple of times before with good results so we thought we'd give it another go. The wife loves the bar and the special drink (something with vodka and pineapple) and the steak was good. When we arrived - on time - we had to wait in the bar for about 20 minutes for the table. I've noticed that is pretty much the norm here and not a big deal for us but others might find it annoying. The room is nice, nothing spectacular. As soon as we sat down I noticed that the waiter seemed like he was high . . . it was kind of a strange experience - but ultimately having the stoned waiter did not make for a great meal. There were the mistakes, which we found humorous, but tiresome after awhile . . . and then there were times he would check on us three times in five minutes and then ignore us for 30. But it was the food that disappointed us the most. The steaks were just average. They didn't have the flavor I expected. The sides were tired and seemed like they sat around a bit waiting for the steaks to come out. Really disappointing. Also, the Kona crusted steak was very average . . . say away from that. With Gibson's and now the new Fogo (I am not a Morton's fan) . . . Rosemont has too many other steak options for me to let this slide and come back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Leandro, CA
“Good salad and calamari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

They were solid booked the night we visited. We managed to find a table in the bar, which allowed us to order from the full menu. We had the chopped and wedge salads and calamari with some wine. The service was fine. The food was very good! Calamari not greasy at all. The salads had great homemade croutons. I will visit this restaurant again.

Visited October 2013
Chicago
“Food good, hosting terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

WE have eaten at many Capital Grilles and this is the WORST for seating tables. We checked in for our 7:15 reservation the the woman didn't even look up but grumbled "we are still trying to seat our 7:00 customers". A customer waiting by the host stand told me they had a 6:45 reservation and was still not seated. We ended up waiting 45 minutes PAST our reservation time and others waited even longer. They seem to NOT be able to honor a reservation. I wonder if we had come 45 minutes late would they have honored our reservation and held a table for us? I bet NOT.
I heard people coming in complaining the valet for parking was full as was the garage so there was no where to park. When some one asked at the host stand where should they park he answered "there are several weddings at the hotel next door". He did not answer the question and when asked again where to park ? he simply stared and did not answer. That customer ended up leaving.

When we finally were seated we noted at least 6 empty tables. With so many empty tables why couldn't they seat anyone on time or at least closer to their reservation time?

Once seated the service was fine. The two servers seems a bit frazzled but the food was delivered hot and with in a timely manner. The room was extremely loud. I could not hear my family that were sitting right next to me let alone sitting across from me.
Our food was just OK for a Capital Grille. We got our usual choices and the taste was good however the Lobster Mac and cheese was dry as if it had been sitting under heating lamps too long. My husbands sole served with avocado salad had NO avocado in it. My daughters Delmonico Steak had more fat than usual on it though the taste was good, as expected.
We will continue to eat at The Capital Grille however NOT this one.

• Visited October 2013