“From Beginning to the End it is all First Class” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Rosemont
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Balmoral Avenue
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Chicago, Illinois
“From Beginning to the End it is all First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

There was five in our party celebrating a birthday this past Saturday night and our reservations were at 7:00.
The place was already rocking but the bar was not jammed yet.
We were told it would be a few minutes or so and we stood talking and people watching.
I inquired about the location of the rest rooms and one of the managers literally walked me to where it was.
We were seated in the corner in the lounge area along with other diners.
My friend the birthday boy said almost sarcastically, "They seat us in the bar?".
I said yes and that is going to be great because we will be able to hear each other and not have to shout.
The water and the fabulous bread basket filled with Matzo, dark Pumpernickel, and, onion bread were served immediately.
Our waiter John was on the dime and took drink orders as we perused the appetizer menu.
For starters we ordered, Prosciutto wrapped Mozzarella with 12 year old balsamic, Lobster and Crab cakes, and a seafood medley of Cape Cod Oysters (One of the sweetest I have ever tasted), Jumbo Shrimp and Lobster. The Oysters were so good we ordered eight extra ones!!
The cocktails, wine and beer flowed freely and John was, well, Johnny on the spot!
We never wanted for anything.
For dinner three had the Filet Mignon and two of us has the double cut Lamb chops. We also ordered a two pound Lobster for the table.
We ordered as sides, creamed Spinach, roasted Asparagus, sauteed wild Mushrooms and Au Gratin,Potatoes .
Everyone was absolutely thrilled with their meals as the steaks and the double cut chops were cooked perfectly and the side dishes were just excellent.
Four out of five of us took doggy bags, me included.
John then brought a little molten chocolate cake and full as we were we all tasted and moaned.
Then John totally surprised us by asking if we would like a picture together at our booth.
We agreed he snapped the photo and returned it within ten minutes in a tasteful thick paper frame which is sitting in our family room.
What a pleasant parting gift that was!
As we got up to leave we remarked about how crowded the place still was as it was approaching 10:00 P.M.
We walked to the foyer for our coats and the coat checker wasn't there so the manager behind the podium came quickly around got us our coats (Only 2 of us checked coats) and proceeded to help us put our coats on!!!
We asked about the valet and were told it is complementary another nice surprise and they were prompt and courteous, prompting us to reciprocate with a generous tip.
Listen, you will pay top dollar at The Capital Grille in Rosemont but you will leave knowing that it was worth every penny unlike most of the restaurants we try these days.
Joe Samm

• Visited March 2013

Twin Cities
“Outstanding Capital Grille location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been to a few Capital Grille locations and this is by far our favorite. It's a little smaller than others in a good way. Booths are very private and overall noise level is low.

Service was perfect, very attentive and did a great job talking about the chef specials. The food was fantastic. Best filet I have ever had. Salads were both fresh (and way too large).

Yes it isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for and this place is worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
Skokie, Illinois
“Worth the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stoli Doli,wine, steaks, desserts FABULOUS! Very relaxed atmosphere. Pricey, but worth every penny. Surprised to see so many children there considering the cost of a meal & the fact that when I pay for any expensive meal, I don't want to have loud kids around me.

• Visited December 2012
Oak Park
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boss took us here for a Christmas lunch. I thought it would be ghastly expensive, since I generally find classic steakhouses way overpriced . Since the boss was paying, I didn't care. But the lunch prices weren't outrageous and they have a nice deal where for $16, you select a soup or salad, a basic entree out of a choice of about four, and a choice of sides. For an elegant place like this, that's pretty good. And the soup choice includes a rich clam chowder. The service was a mix of friendly and formal, and the atmosphere is traditional steakhouse. At some point, I'll go back and spend my own money for a nice lunch occasion.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, TN
“Great food, at a price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

So, the food and service are great. It's just so darn expensive. I really like the atmosphere, though. Very old school money. I have been very satisfied by my dining experience here. It would be a great place for a business dinner (like if you're on an expense account or someone else is paying). No complaints.

Visited September 2012