“One of the best in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Chicago, Illinois
“One of the best in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have just returned home from staying 3 nights at the Embassy Suites in Rosemont for a convention. I work and attend multiple conventions throughout the year, so I try to stay at a different hotel each time, for experience's sake. I have stayed in three other neighboring hotels prior to the Embassy, but this is by far one of the best experiences

Let me start off by saying that the staff is very friendly and welcoming. I was instantly greeted by a gentleman at the front desk, and we engaged in pleasant conversation about my stay. There were different people working during different shifts obviously, however, they all were very friendly and helpful. Not only the staff at the front desk, but everyone else.

I booked a king suite, which was a two room suite. The microwave and mini fridge automatically make me love the room better than the other hotels because they had none. I was very pleased with the room.

I don't really have to get into the complimentary breakfast, because who doesn't love complimentary food?

The only two cons I have are that the bathrooms are terribly small, in the suite that I stayed in at least, as well as elevator placement. It doesn't really matter where the elevators are placed unless you want to take a dip in the pool, in which afterwards, you have to walk all the way to the front of the hotel, wet, waiting for the elevator right by the lobby/bar of the hotel. Awkward.

Bottom line, I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Crete, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

As expected, we had a suite; however, a few updates are needed. The bathroom tub had visible chips, the shower head could not be adjusted, despite having the appearance of adjustable, it remained on vibrate (pulse), and the hotel area guide book was outdated, for example it did not include some of the latest additions to the Rosemont area like Fogo De Chau, and more. The area guides are extremely important for guests from out of town. Generally speaking, we enjoyed our stay, the breakfast buffet was suitable, and the location is phenomenal; however, despite being a hotel guest, you pay dearly for the parking, $22.64 for one night.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Buford, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a good area around two other hilton properties. I have stayed at the DT across the srteet and I would say the DT is newer but rooms are smaller. Embassy has the normal cocktail hour and breakfast included with stay. All rooms are suites! I am in a room that needs updating but am ok with accommodations as no room is a bad room. Can be a little noisy but only if you really pay attention. If you have any problems you can always watch tv in the bedroom instead of the living room. I would recommend staying here and I will be back next time I am in the area. Thank you Embassy Suites ohare' airport!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very clean, large rooms with all of the trimmings. The staff were friendly, and the restaurant was clean. The food was fresh, along with the option to have a custom breakfast made. For hotels who offer breakfast included, this one out did itself. I recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Crescent City, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

A cascade of airline delays left us stuck in Chicago overnight. Shuttle ride to the Embassy got us out of the airport to a room at midnight. Starving and everything closed everywhere. At the Desk suggestion we called Angelinos. Room was clean and large. very welcome respite from a long day. Our home airport was fogged in for hrs with only a couple of vending machines. Finally got to SFO and a rush to make our connection to ORD. Our last leg flight was long gone so had no choice but to stay overnight. Bar was still open in the Lobby so was able to get some iced tea, and a food delivery two hrs later so finally hit the hay at 0230. The breakfast that morning was in the Garden Atrium outside our door so we were able to avoid the crowd and eat on our large in room conference table. Sweet. I chose the Embassy because of the great breakfast but avoided the long line at cook to order. This was one of the larger Embassys we have stayed in, and the least ornate but was glad to have a familiar place in a strange town. No way would we have stayed in Chicago otherwise.

Room Tip: second floor Garden Atrium was really nice at breakfast time
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Wireless WiFi had to be paid for... I can drive by a Starbucks and get WiFi but in my hotel room that i pay for I can't unless I pay more ! It's just stupid, every place I stayed at during this 7 day vacation had FREE Wifi, even a Knight's Inn for $65. It's like going to a nice restaurant and they tell you the water is NOT free. Otherwise the Hotel is nice, we stay at Embassy because we need separate rooms. Parking is $25

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Our reservation couldn't be found. The bathroom shower walls had mold in the grout. My son in another room had his computer and valuable camera stollen. My cleaning lady came in UNANNOUNCED WITHOUT A CART, and I surprised her. She carried a pillow and became very flustered when I asked her what she needed. She said she was looking to see if we had all our pillows, which we did. I would certainly lock up my valuables or take them with you when not in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESDTMGR, General Manager at Embassy Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We apologize for any confusion there may have been with your reservation at the time of check in and will follow up with our housekeeping team with respect to the condition of your room.

Steve Falciani
Area Director​​

Been to Embassy Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont? Share your experiences!