“Quick Business Overnight” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
Darien, Connecticut, USA
“Quick Business Overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located close to the airport and some of my clients. The facilities are nice, modern and clean. The lobby is spacious, clean and inviting.

The room I had was clean, and comfortable. The desk had ample space to work (even with a room service tray). There are no outlets by the beds which makes it a challenge as I use my phone as my alarm clock ( and many of my colleagues do as well). Fortunately there is an iPhone docking radio and I could use that, however I could not charge my BB next to the bed.

Room service was prompt, however a medium steak came well done. (it was still good).

Breakfast at the restaurant was slow. While it is a buffet, it took us numerous times of getting the waiters attention to settle our bill.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Good Morning! I was delighted to read your review about your most recent stay with us at the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed not only the convenience of our location but the warmth of the room and cleanliness of the property. I appreciate you telling us about the service you received at the restaurant. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our DIrector of Food and Beverage so he is aware of this. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future for another relaxing stay.
Thank you again for your honesty and have a wonderful rest of your day.
Westin Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful staff! Love the free early morning/late night shuttle to the airport! Love the breakfast bar, they make Starbucks concoctions! Room service and food was really good. Very comfortable beds. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
What a delight to read such kind words about our property. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay with us. We are beyond delighted that our staff was able to provide you with a memorable and refreshing stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the hotel in the future.
Thank you again for your kind words and have a wonderful holiday season
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My stay was set by "Janice" at guest services, who was very pleasant, helpful, and went out of her way to make me feel welcome. The experience continued when I saw the large room with a very comfortable King bed and huge (50+") flat screen. Bonuses were the healthclub and pool which were five star. I always enjoy Westin Hotels - but it was Janice who made this one better than most!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Good Morning,
I was beyond excited to read the kind words you had to say about Janice. I truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize her. Please know that I will be sure she is acknowledged by management for her superior service and making your stay a most memorable one. I do hope you will return in the future for another wonderful stay at the hotel.
Thank you again for your kind words and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Be Well.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Great stay and as usual, but I wish there were electrical outlets near the bed so I can charge my phone (which I use as an alarm) The only outlets I could find were on the desk.

I ate at the onside restaurant and the food and service were great. The receptionist gave me a coupon for a free glass of wine when I mentioned I was eating there.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Good Morning,
Thank you for taking time to let us know your honest feedback about the electrical outlets. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the restaurant and we were able to provide you with a glass of wine after a long day. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay and you had a refreshing expereince. I greatly appreciate your honesty and I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
brooksville,fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I left reading glasses the a.m. of 11/30/12 and these ladies followed through w/ my calls to retrieve and send them back to me in Fl. Too often the ball is dropped in this situation but they exhibited tremendous diligence,professionalism, and perseverance to get the job done. They are to be commended for their actions, they mirror the high standards the Westin O'hare displays during my stays there. Thanks again to these two and any others that may have assisted, as well as the mgmt. for having such great employees as these.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Good Morning,
How exciting to read such wonderful words about our employees. The whole team takes pride in providing superior service to our guests but it is always wonderful when one member of the team makes an experience memorable for a guest. I am so glad Jennyfer was able to find your glasses and assist in getting them to you as soon as possible. I will be sure she sees your kind words and she is recognized accordingly for her service. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future for another great stay.
Thank you again for your time and kind words.
Have a wonderful rest of your day.
Mays Landing, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of Creation Entertainment's Official Stargate Convention this past summer. It was my first solo trip, and my first visit to the Midwest, and I wanted to stay on-site for the convention, and be part of the action. The cleanliness of the hotel was exemplary, and the atmosphere was beautiful. My room (single King size bed) was spacious for this solo traveler. The bed was unbelievably comfortable! The service was excellent all around. I'm low-maintenance, so I never asked for much. The proximity to the airport was fantastic, and the shuttle service was quick and comfortable - 5 minutes to the hotel in mid-afternoon was fabulous! The food was slightly pricey, but it was delicious, and I was on my first vacation in 5 years, so it was worth it. I am planning on coming back next year for the next Stargate convention, so I will definitely be booking my room at the Westin O'Hare again!

Room Tip: I traveled alone, so I had things the way I wanted them. My room was perfect, and near the elevator...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Good Morning!
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a relaxing and memorable stay for your much needed vacation. The convention was great fun to have here in the hotel and we are looking forward to having everyone again next year. If you have any questions or need any assistance with your reservation please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly and I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.
Thank you again for your kind words and feedback. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
alyssa.remaly@westin.com
Augusta, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Pros: close to airport w/ convenient shuttle, quiet, adequate fitness facilities, nice staff, really comfortable bed, meeting rooms comfortable too.
Cons: surrounded by interstates so no running outside, kind of hard to get into town w/o a car or familiarity w/ public transport, overpriced breakfast, hot tub wasn't hot (or particularly clean).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TremontChicagoHotel, General Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you Chellie R for your comments regarding your recent visit to the property. Much has occurred here at the Westin since your visit as we have completed a full renovation of our guestrooms and meeting space and next year will be addressing the public areas and restaurant. We appreciate your feedback on things to do in the area so the next time you are in town please contact our concierge Denise as she can make any arrangements you may wish so that you have a relaxing and refreshing experience!

Warm regards,

Pete Demay

Been to The Westin O'Hare? Share your experiences!