“No outlets” 4 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
“No outlets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Great stay and as usual, but I wish there were electrical outlets near the bed so I can charge my phone (which I use as an alarm) The only outlets I could find were on the desk.

I ate at the onside restaurant and the food and service were great. The receptionist gave me a coupon for a free glass of wine when I mentioned I was eating there.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Good Morning,
Thank you for taking time to let us know your honest feedback about the electrical outlets. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the restaurant and we were able to provide you with a glass of wine after a long day. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay and you had a refreshing expereince. I greatly appreciate your honesty and I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.

615 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
brooksville,fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I left reading glasses the a.m. of 11/30/12 and these ladies followed through w/ my calls to retrieve and send them back to me in Fl. Too often the ball is dropped in this situation but they exhibited tremendous diligence,professionalism, and perseverance to get the job done. They are to be commended for their actions, they mirror the high standards the Westin O'hare displays during my stays there. Thanks again to these two and any others that may have assisted, as well as the mgmt. for having such great employees as these.

Good Morning,
How exciting to read such wonderful words about our employees. The whole team takes pride in providing superior service to our guests but it is always wonderful when one member of the team makes an experience memorable for a guest. I am so glad Jennyfer was able to find your glasses and assist in getting them to you as soon as possible. I will be sure she sees your kind words and she is recognized accordingly for her service. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future for another great stay.
Thank you again for your time and kind words.
Have a wonderful rest of your day.
Mays Landing, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of Creation Entertainment's Official Stargate Convention this past summer. It was my first solo trip, and my first visit to the Midwest, and I wanted to stay on-site for the convention, and be part of the action. The cleanliness of the hotel was exemplary, and the atmosphere was beautiful. My room (single King size bed) was spacious for this solo traveler. The bed was unbelievably comfortable! The service was excellent all around. I'm low-maintenance, so I never asked for much. The proximity to the airport was fantastic, and the shuttle service was quick and comfortable - 5 minutes to the hotel in mid-afternoon was fabulous! The food was slightly pricey, but it was delicious, and I was on my first vacation in 5 years, so it was worth it. I am planning on coming back next year for the next Stargate convention, so I will definitely be booking my room at the Westin O'Hare again!

Room Tip: I traveled alone, so I had things the way I wanted them. My room was perfect, and near the elevator...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Good Morning!
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a relaxing and memorable stay for your much needed vacation. The convention was great fun to have here in the hotel and we are looking forward to having everyone again next year. If you have any questions or need any assistance with your reservation please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly and I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.
Thank you again for your kind words and feedback. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
alyssa.remaly@westin.com
Augusta, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Pros: close to airport w/ convenient shuttle, quiet, adequate fitness facilities, nice staff, really comfortable bed, meeting rooms comfortable too.
Cons: surrounded by interstates so no running outside, kind of hard to get into town w/o a car or familiarity w/ public transport, overpriced breakfast, hot tub wasn't hot (or particularly clean).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TremontChicagoHotel, General Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you Chellie R for your comments regarding your recent visit to the property. Much has occurred here at the Westin since your visit as we have completed a full renovation of our guestrooms and meeting space and next year will be addressing the public areas and restaurant. We appreciate your feedback on things to do in the area so the next time you are in town please contact our concierge Denise as she can make any arrangements you may wish so that you have a relaxing and refreshing experience!

Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just stay for one night and have Chicago trip by metro.
Very good location for both Airport and Downtown.
Good decorated and quite rooms.
Unfortunately I could not use the swimming pool because of another organization but 24 hours open gym was good.

Thanks Janice Andal for kind help at front desk.

Room Tip: You may request for the upper floor for better view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Arturd for your positive review of the Westin O'Hare and for recognizing Janice too! We appreciate your staying with us and look forward to having you back again soon!

Bentonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel is in a great location by the Chicago O'Hare airport. A five minute drive from the airport. The Westin, as usual, has some good amenities, but this building seems rather worn out and tired. My room had rips in the carpet, light in the shower was rusted, a few rust and stain spots around the room. Although the bed was very comfortable, as all Westin beds are, the room was in need of much repair and updating.
The front desk employees were very nice as were most of the employees I came in contact with.
I would have rated this hotel a 4 if not for the run down nature of the building. When visiting Chicago again, I probably will choose another location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Good Afternoon,
I would like to thank you for your time in letting us know about your most recent stay with us here at the hotel. I do apologize about the condition of the hotel and unfortunately we are aware that the hotel is in much need of TLC. We have been very excited to announce to our guests that we will be starting a large renovation here in a few weeks. The renovation will be a huge project that we are all very much looking forward to. The renovation will include; all of our guest rooms, all of our meeting spaces and our public areas. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are in town and we would love if you would come back to expereince the new and improved Westin O'Hare. Thank you for your honesty and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Be Well.
alyssa.remaly@westin.com
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The open and cordial help from the desk and staff, rounded out a very pleasant hotel stay. They worked very hard to make sure all questions, needs were cared for while I stayed for a seminar. It was all the little touches that added to the really fine quality. Thanks Janice and Jennifer and the rest of the staff.

Room Tip: Room's view of the west has a park with trees decorated for Christmas.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much PeterRabbitRunsF for your wonderful comments about your experience and the hotel and in particular for recognizing Janice and Jennyfer for their outstanding service!
We appreciate you visiting with us and look forward to having you back again soon!

Pete Demay

Been to The Westin O'Hare? Share your experiences!