“Very Comfortable Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Homer Glen, IL
“Very Comfortable Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Walking into the lobby you get that familiar whiff of the Westin Signature Green Tea scent. There is the sound of water and an air of elegance here. They have a lovely, well stocked gift shop. A nice, cozy, lobby bar and restaurant. Our room was a very nice King suite. Very spacious and very clean. Had some lovely coffee table books that I really enjoyed paging through. Also had a recumbent bike in the room! Wish I had work out clothes! (for $5.00 they bring you some-wasn't motivated enough! haha!) Nevertheless, it was available. The room was lovely and had the ever-so-comfy bedding we love so much. Love the in-room robe, which I do use. We scoped out the indoor pool, very nice-good size, also had a whirpool. Lots of room around the pool for lounging. I like this place so much, we are going back. Wish they
had a club lounge, kind of surprised that this location doesn't. Management should rethink this!
Still worth going.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Good Afternoon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your kind words about the hotel. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your room as well as all of the additional amenities we provide here at the hotel. We will be going through a very large renovation here on property starting at the beginning of the New Year. We would love to have you visit the hotel again and expereince the new and improved Westin O'Hare. We greatly appreciate your kind words and would be honored to have you stay with us again.
Thank you for your time and your feedback and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Westin Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Life really is all about expectations, and usually they aren't great for a hotel airport. The Westin O'Hare generally met expectations. We had a business meeting there for @250 people that went well - the location is excellent for that purpose. Chicago is an airport hub, there is a convenient shuttle from the airport, and staying close to the airport helps if you actually want people to attend your meetings (no where else to go easily!) First the good: 1) I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, both room service and at the meeting. The room service menu was limited, but food arrived quickly. Hotel room service french fries are usually awful - cold and soggy on arrival- but theirs actually were great. The food at the meeting was really and actually good, not easy when you are feeding so many. 2) Bed was comfortable, air conditioner was quiet and temperature easy to control. And the not so good 1) Carpet in my room was dirty and needed to be shampooed. Lots of stains. And a gum wrapper left sitting on the floor. 2) Bathroom fixtures were old, and like the aged, a little cranky sometimes.
All in all, would I do another meeting there? Yes. Value for the money was actually very good. Would I stay there overnight traveling through Chicago? Maybe, but I'd check tripadvisor for other hotels in the area, as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us here at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the service and the food during your meeting. We have been very excited to announce to all of our guests that we will be going through a large renovation starting the beginning of the new year. We will be starting the renovation with our guest rooms, moving onto our meeting space and finishing up with our public areas. I do hope that you will return to the property and expereince the new and improved Westin O'Hare.
Thank you again for your time and your honesty and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Westin Expereince Manager
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Is it the fanciest most upgraded Westin? Nope. But the location is convenient, the staff accommodating and I found my room and amenities just fine... And this comes from someone who is 5 yrs Platinum with spg and spent over a year of my life in their hotels. Trust me, I have seen much much much worse!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good Afternoon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write those kind words about our property. We are delighted that you enjoy the hotel and find it accommodating. I do hope that you will stay with us after we conclude with our renovation. We will be renovating all of our guest rooms, our meeting space and our public areas.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you or if you have any questions. Thank you again for your kind words they are appreciated.
Westin Epereince Manager
Kirkwood, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was at the Westin O'Hare for a meeting this past week. Yes - the hotel is worn. All the reviews are correct BUT - it's still clean and the staff is very kind. The front desk could be friendlier but every other person --- servers, convention staff -- were awesome. The beds are still comfortable. The hotel is a nice location and the meeting food was amazing. I wouldn't avoid this hotel. It does still feel like a Westin and the management has stated that it will be undergoing a renovation. Try it!

Room Tip: I would guess that higher floors might be desirable. On the second and third floors, there are meeti...
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Good Afternoon,
I would like to thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the food. As you said we will be going through a renovation and could not be more excited! We will be starting at the beginning of the new year with our guest rooms, we will then be moving on to our meeting space and finishing up with our public areas. I do hope that you will stay with us again following the conclusion of the renovation.
Thank you again for your kind words they are greatly appreciated and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and the hotel offers a very kind, courteous and respectful staff. Luis, a Bellman, was so very helpful with luggage and then took time to explain the area and several places for entertainment and dining. The front desk staff was very welcoming upon check-in and handled a rather large crowd promptly and efficiently, without sacrificing customer service one bit. They displayed great teamwork and diligence in assisting 15-25 people that were checking in at the same time and gave personal attention to each of us.

Granted, the property is older --- wallpaper needs to be reaffixed in some areas and the shower tiles are old and chipped. The hallway carpets could use a good cleaning. But it is still a good value and the rooms are clean, large, and comfortable. Bedding is great. Staff are always willing to assist in any way possible. I sincerely appreciated their professionalism.

Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Good Afternoon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are so delighted that Luis and our front desk staff were able to provide you with the level of service we take such pride in here at the Westin O'Hare. With regards to the condition of the hotel we will soon be going through a large renovation starting at the beginning of the new year. We will be starting with our guest rooms then moving onto our meeting space and finishing with our public areas. I do hope you will visit us again after the renovation and let us provide you with another refreshing stay.
Thank you again so much for your kind words they are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass them along to Luis and our front desk staff.
Have a wonderful rest of your day
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Honestly, it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't up to the Westin standards you would expect. As most reviews noted, it is tired and old. It desperately needs renovation. The staff was pleasant enough, but the room was average. The bath tub had chips, the toilet was old, and the buttons on the room phone didn't work. I found the restaurant lacking in character and variety. Since this provides room service too you get the same basic choices.

It is nice to have the free airport shuttle. It would be great to have this shuttle provide transportation to nearby dining for more choices.

I'd consider it again once they complete the renovation and if I needed to stay nearby. But there are many other choices in this convention area.

Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Good Morning

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your honest opinion about the hotel. As you said we are well aware that the hotel is in need of some TLC and will be going through a very large renovation starting at the beginning of the new year. We will be starting the renovation with our guest rooms, moving on to our meeting space and finishing the renovation with our public areas. I do hope that you will stay with us again when we are finished with the renovation and give us your honest feedback about the new and improved Westin O'Hare.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance planning your future stay with us here at the hotel.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I are staying here for 11 days and this is day 1. So far we have dealt with rather clueless Staff. We called to make a reservation via phone & were informed that the hotel was totally sold out and that not even 1room was available for a same day check in. We then proceeded to hang up and make the reservation online within 2 minutes for the same day check -in.

Once we got to the hotel to check-in, the lady who assisted us did not know what the spg platinum amenities are and insisted that breakfast was not included even through we had it in writing that it was. It dd not appear as though she knew what she was doing and she looked as though she would rather be anywhere but at work.

Once we got our room key we proceeded to walk to our room. The hallway carpets are dirty and old, tattered and look like they have not been cleaned in months. The carpet in the room looks the same way. Our toilet seat was also broken!

We switched rooms and moved ino a suite. In this room the door looks very flimsy and rattles and the towels in the bathroom were dirty which is unacceptable to say the least.

On the whole the service at this establishment along with a dated hotel leaves a lot to be desired.

A dated hotel is is a lot more forgivable than dfficult staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Good Morning,

I would like to deeply apologize for your initial impression of the hotel during check-in. I hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay with the water, complimentary movie, and amenities that were sent to your room once we heard that we did not provide an inviting initial experience for you and your husband. I do hope everything turned out to be a wonderful and refreshing stay with us and I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

If you need any assistance or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist in any way I can.

Thank you for giving us your honest feedback and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
alyssa.remaly@westin.com

Been to The Westin O'Hare? Share your experiences!