“Very nice airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Rosemont
North Carolina
“Very nice airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2007

I am a bit late with my review but since I use trip advisor many times for reviews, I wanted to share my opinion. I stayed at this Hotel this past July. I was attending a Seminar and the workshops were held at this Hotel. The price was a bit high for an Airport area hotel, but my Company picked up the bill, so I was not overly concerned. I thought the Hotel was very nice, the Front Desk people were very nice and helpful. The concierge desk was extremely helpful and very friendly. I had dinner at the Benchmark Restaurant in the Hotel my first night and found the food and service to be very good. There are 2 very nice hotel bars. I used the 24 hour business center to print out by airline boarding pass. The room was very nice, clean and quiet. The bathroom could have used some more light, especially when taking a shower, it was a bit on the dark side. I took the shuttle to and from the airport, they were very prompt and courteous. The driver offered us free bottles of water on the drive to the Hotel. I liked the convenience of the Blueline train to go into the city, it was maybe 1-2 blocks from the hotel. I used it to visit family in the city. If I was traveling to Chicago to tour, I would definitely pick a hotel downtown, but for seminars or to stay by the airport to catch an early flight, I thought the Hotel was great. There is a MacDonalds next door for more frugal meals and a very good Italian Restaurant across the street, sorry, I forgot the name. The concierge gave me a number of local restaurants that I could walk to as I did not have a car. All in all, I was very pleased.

• Liked — Blueline train to city was convenient, near airport
  • Disliked — None noted
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business

615 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

Although the Westin is completely smoke free they need to pay attention to the rather dirty vents bringing air into the rooms. The rooms were clean, but a lamp bulb was burned out and you have to pay to use the internet in your room. I used the business center at no charge to check emails.
The staff was attentive and efficient. The restaurant food was not very good and they didn't even offer 1 cab sauv. by the glass!
I have stayed at other Westins that were far superior to the one in Rosemount, Ill. My stay here was a bit disappointing.

• Liked — the friendly efficient staff
  • Disliked — the hotel restaurant
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

For an airport hotel....the location is great and the rooms are enormous. I dont know why anyone would go to this hotel for a wedding or to actually visit Chicago from, it is what it is...an airport hotel....not Maui, not Scottsdale, not NYC. There really wasnt anything to complain about...check in and check out was super fast, concierge was nice, shuttle to the airport was always available and prompt. Convienient to O'Hare and definetly worth it if you need to be close to the airport

Stayed September 2007
Madison, WII
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

We were in Chicago for a 3 day weekend wedding. This hotel was the one selected by the bride and groom. It is suppose to be an all “non smoking” facility. When the head bellhop took our luggage up to the room (he told us later) he noticed the odor. When we came up we thought we were in a bar. We called the front desk they took 10 minutes to decide they should provide us with a new room. They acted like it was no big deal that the prior guest had smoked in the “non smoking” facility. No apology, nothing special, just “we will send up the bellhop to move your luggage.” 30 minutes later we were on our way to another room. Next day they “forgot” to change our towels, we had to call the front desk and request new towels. Not done yet, they “forgot” to reduce our parking charge that was part of the wedding rate. We had to stop the car at the gate and go back to the front desk to get it corrected. Again, no apology. This is not the only motel in the area, but they have a real attitude that they are.

Stayed March 2007
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

I had no problems with this hotel, but the overall appeal is lacking. First of all, $18 for overnight parking is outrageous. Upon entering the hotel, the valets did not greet us or even stand up. The lobby is dark and dingy. In my opinion it is time for remodeling. To my surpise, the check-in staff was polite and courteous. The hallways are narrow and drab. The room was clean, but some of the furniture is beginning to get worn. The one positive is that the beds are very cozy. The pool area is too small for a hotel of that size and there is almost no decor or plants. If you are looking for 4 star quality you will be very disappointed.

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — lobby
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

I stayed at the Westin O'Hare for one night on work in June 2007. We arrived early and were able to check in quickly. The front desk agents were not as polite as most Westins I have stayed at.

The room was nice and large- there was a TV that turned from the bed to the desk so you could watch it either way. The bathroom was very dark, especially in the shower. The internet worked well in the room.

The hotel gym is quite nice. There were new treadmills and other cardio equipment and lots of weights as well.

Check out was smooth. I would stay here again if I need to stay near O'Hare. I would prefer the Michigan Avenue Westin if the trip allows.

• Liked — Westin gym
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

I booked the Westin O'Hare as a convention had booked outthe city hotels and sent the rates sky high. As always a great hotel, very chic and modern. Large rooms, great bar and gym. Much better than the surrounding hotels for just a few dollars

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — limited room service menu
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Westin O'Hare? Share your experiences!