“Lost Aloft” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Rosemont
“Lost Aloft”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm very picky about hotels and this one is great. The towels are soft, the sheets smell clean and the staff is very friendly. The only problem we had was getting to the hotel. Aloft is situated very near the airport, but in the middle of toll roads. If we had studied a map I'm sure we could have avoided some. There is also a parking fee which added to the total price.

We stayed here with the kids (teens) and the bathroom was small and open so there wasn't a lot of privacy.

Great hotel for adults that can follow a map.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed at any aloft but now that I have I will sure stay more often.
The hotel is trendy. They are small hotels but they do try to make it simple.
The reception looked like a round information desk without the think glass of course.

The lobby had a small bar, breakfast area. Chairs/couches and a pool table.

My room was very comfortable. The first thing you are is the sink area. The closet/minibar/safe/ and extra pillow are located in all in one open closet sort of dresser. Too tall for me to reach the extra pillow, but I guess for some of a normal height it was ok.

Loved the glass shower and shower head. The shower are had a pocket door between the toilet and the sink area. It looked better than in can describe.

The big tv in the middle of the room f acing te very comfortable bed. The two small windows wee on the size. The room had a nice space and well taken advantage of every corner. Loved the complimentary bottles of water.

Location it was alright I guess for being at an airport

• Stayed December 2012
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Me and my family stay here over night and was glad we did. The hotel is near restaurants in Rosemont and convention center. There is a shuttle I believe from and to O'Hare airport. There is typical wear and tear in the hotel after being open a couple of years. There is a pool that has a depth below 5 ft. So if you have kids it is not so deep. Exercise room with the typical equipment. The hotel decor is modern clean, gear to the twenty to thirty age group. I been to other hotels and it seem a little dark inside, I guess the hotel is trying to be eco friendly. Lots of windows, a bar but it was not open when I was there. Inside the room it was also modern with clever ways to made use of limited space. Flatscreen television a seperate device to send video form mobile devices to t.v. You do have to pay each day but you can go in and out as you please. But a lot of hotels around the area do the same thing. I did have a package deal which included $20 food and beverage credit a day, also a ppv movie a day included with the room price. This is worth it if you are lazy to go out and get a snack. But with all hotels expect to pay $$$ for anything. I almost forgot there is also a pool table if that interest you, but it has seen better days. Also I don't think it is the regular size for a pool table it is small. Staff service was excellant. There is no resturant in the hotel also breakfast food is not cook fresh if this is important to you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is still the best hotel very near to Chicago O'Hare International Airport. The shuttel bus was on schedule and I was able to get in early expecting to leave my bags with the front desk before heading downtown. The front desk personnel didn't hesitate to get me settled in an available room in an instant. The rooms are still functional and plenty large enough. Roomy showers with large shower heads-always a nice touch. The facility is still clean and very accommodating. A number of unique "chain" entertainment and restaurant venues have recently been built within walking distance of the hotel (Toby Keith's, an Italian restaurant, and a theater complex). Lot's to do if you have the time. Since it opened I have never missed the opportunity to stay at this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I really enjoyed the review title. Thanks for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Ada, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I live in west michigan and find it very difficult to plan on reliable connections to Ohare from the regional airlines. Therefore, for years I have driven to Ohare, or taken the south shore rail line from Chesterton/ Porter Indiana ( Lake Station on US - 12) and the blue line subway to Ohare. However, that can leave you stranded on weekends with no way to get to your car with no trains running after midnight or few on saturday or sunday. So I drive to Ohare and then park in the deck, a very large deck, which is close to this hotel. There is an enclosed walkway from the Deck to the Hotel, and the parking is cheap- only 13 dollars per day, with free shuttle service to the airport. I usually stay at the hotel which is excellent in any measure- fast check in, simple layout and wonderful rooms. More electrical outlets on desk and other surfaces than you will need, even if, like me, you travel with 2 laptops, 2 phones and also battery chargers for the camera.
It is also very quiet and secluded, there are great restaurants, a new bowling alley and a wonderful movie place within walking distance. You are not trapped in a big hotel with nothing to do. I kind of have shifted over to this hotel as an alternate to my long time favorite The Hilton in the Airport, which I have been staying at for nearly 40 years. Its just easier to get to, and the rates are much better.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in are wonderful, but the south side gives you something of a view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Arhhh, I was really looking forward to my return stay here. I had booked a couple of rooms for business and was not disappointed. Well except for one thing. Why are you now charging $20 for parking, when I was told $13?...it should actually be FREE!!.

The hotel looks brand new, and I really have to say the guy on the front desk was so so lovely and sweet, and I have to say...super super hot! (he looks like an Italian New Yorker type), but beyond everyone probably wanting to marry him...lol, he was amazingly attentive and should actually go work for one of SPG's top resorts/hotels...he's a major asset indeed and made the stay at the end of October lovely.

So everything was good. A few places to eat across the street, close to the airport, and a new outlet mall is set to open soon. Free internet/printing etc. Staff always helpful.

The rooms were clean, comfortable bed, great tv, shower. It was a nice 3 day stay.

40 minutes drive to downtown Chicago, and right next to the Toll expressway (have change).

All in all, a good stay...my co workers liked it and I highly recommend booking this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Good location for dropping off a rental car and being close to the airport. The staff was most accomodating, gave us an early checkin, and directions to the car rental return. Took the $2.25 train fm the airport to downtown Chicago and they gave us a shuttle number and told us to get off the train in Rosemont and the shuttle would pick us up on our return. It worked out well. The next day they printed the schedule at Muvico for us, stored our luggage, then the shuttle took us to the airport for our departure home. All staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are cool, restaurants are close and all in all it was a great experience. So glad we stayed there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you on your next visit to Chicago.

Been to Aloft Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!