“Please don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Romeoville
Traverse City, MI
“Please don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

I have to be honest we never actually had the oppurtunity to stay here...we booked the room and had a change of plans. We contacted the hotel to cancel the reservation and they left me on hold till after 4 pm and then would not allow me to cancel it. I then tried to call my credit card company to let them know what was going on and the lady, she named herself Kathy and claimed to be the general manager( she is not) illegally charged my card. She charged it for more than the room was, by $12. I have filed a complaint and I hope that you will consider staying at another hotel and save yourself some piece of mind on the off chance that your plans change.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed at the Super 8 in Romeoville/Bolingbrook, and I must say, it was NOT a pleasant experience.

First of all, we requested a non-smoking room, but our room smelled like smoke. I noticed cigarette burns on the furniture, so we must have been given a room that was preiviously smoked in. I specifically made a special request for a room that didn't smell like smoke because it aggrivates my allergies. Also, all of the clothes in our luggage absorbed the smoke smell of the room.

Secondly, of the 4 days we stayed, our room was only cleaned once. When I asked the person at the front desk why our room wasn't being cleaned, she tried to blame the problem on me. She stated that we must have left the "Do not disturb" sign on our door. We most definately did not, since the sign was inside the room when we left and still inside when we returned. Due to the neglect from the housekeeping staff, our room was littered with piles of towels and the trash cans were overflowing. I had to ask for clean towels and toiletries from the front desk every day the room wasn't cleaned, which was another inconvenience. Furthermore, on the only day the the room was cleaned, the bathroom floor was not swept and the room wasn't vacuumed. Also, we noticed items from the previous occupant were left in the refridgerator. This indicated to us that perhaps the room was not thoroughly cleaned before we occupied it.

I understand that we were staying during the holidays and this is a busy time for hotel staff. However, we expected at least the basic services, which should include room cleaning. When we complained to the front desk about our room not receiving cleaning attention, the lady tried to place the blame on me instead of accepting responsibility. Her attitude and manner were not at all friendly or appologetic. Also, non-smoking rooms should not smell like smoke. This is the second bad experience we have had at a Super 8 Motel, and I highly doubt we will ever stay in another again.

If you are looking for a place to stay in Romeoville, try the Country Inn. I heard from relatives who live there that it is the best of the 4 hotels in the area.

• Liked — It was a room with a bed
  • Disliked — The neglect from cleaning staff and shabbiness of the room
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Super8romeoville, Manager at Super 8 Romeoville / Bolingbrook / Chicago / I-55, responded to this review, April 15, 2011

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 630-759-8880.

Vishal Thakkar
Toledo, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2006

The hotel was basic, but very neat and clean. The staff went out of thier way to make it a pleasant and comfortable stay. I had problems sleeping the 1st night due to some loud guests in the next room, but the staff quickly changed my room for the following day. They were very accomodating and extremely friendly. The free continental breakfast was basic, but fresh. A good place to stay if you want no frills and just a place to lay your head.

Been to Super 8 Romeoville / Bolingbrook / Chicago / I-55? Share your experiences!