“quiet , nice relaxing day off” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Romeoville
Worth Il
“quiet , nice relaxing day off”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

perfect place friendly service with my early check in , Very clean alot of bath towels ,nice beds very big room and alot of b-fest items to eat with eggs and bacon awesome !!! pool was nice and roomy ...the only bad was i didnt have a computer chair to sit in thats it ...Very clean will be back again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Delapidated, old, scary(for women), loud, dirty, a bad joke! When we first walked in an old a/c unit was blowing on us- my guess was to try and blow out the damp funk that permeated the halls. There were 3 shady men standing at the counter ( i think they were workers or live-ins) seeming like they owned, or were very familiar there. Very loud church on ground floor for service of three. The room smelled and i remembered all the horror movies that ever happened in hotel rooms and nearly cried....i hope ur experience is better. I didnt think i was picky, but i stay in a lot of hotels and know that there is quality out there for a good price.

• Stayed August 2012

Travelers are raving about these Romeoville hotels

Ingleside, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The room smelled stuffy and moldy. I tried opening the windows to let the air circulate. Then, I realized that it's the fan/AC unit causing the smell. The bathroom didn't smell at all. Pillows were a little old. TV is outdated but it all does the job. I wasn't there to watch TV anyway.

Room Tip: If the gym at the hotel isn't working they can give you a free pass for the Lifetime Fitness acr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Gibson City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This particular Choice hotel had a friendly/cooperative front desk attendant. He sent us to 2 rooms that air did not work so we decided to find another hotel when alas! he said there is a 2nd floor with "business accommodations"...guaranteed air to work and wow it was on and it did work so we stayed...too bad we weren't given this fresh smelling room first...the church service in conference room beneath us was annoyingly loud thru the 10:30pm hour tho...Would choose to never stay there again...just sayin

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Romeoville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

When i first arrived here it was very nice and the service desk was very welcoming. The hotel was very classy but there is no HOTTUB which is shocking most hotels have hottubs and thats what people ''love'' . The room is very clean and comfy but out dated the tv is horrible you only get 30 channels and some channels dont work. I think they need new tv's. My personal opinnion is that this hotel needs to update bad. they need to get new tv's,hottub,carpets and furniture that atleast matches the room so people will feel cozy and at home. but overal its a nice hotel just need updating and the price is good :)

Room Tip: Make sure you look at the rooms before you rent it out for the night alot of people dont know that y...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

This my first time to stay here, but probably not my last. Rooms were ok but lacked updated furniture that I'm accustomed to. My biggest complaint is the wifi was poor to fair. I inquired about a ethernet cable, other choice hotels I stay at have them, and management did not have any. I explained the situation and they only offered me the guest service book for answers to wifi problems. I felt they did not care to help resolve my issues. I called the toll free number and they did what they could do which they had to call the hotel readjust the routers. That did not help. Additionally the egg patties were cold to luke warm. Not very good. My colleague had waffles and the waffle maker would not work properly. I explained the issues upon check out they only offered a possible price reduction on my next stay. There is a forty/sixty chance I'll stay there again. The price has no bearing on it.

For a good dinner that is reasonable visit the Tilted Kilt Bar and Eatery that is less than a mile from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Beattyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I see where others are criticizing this facility. It's Chicagoland, so one would expect it to be a bit more expensive than a comparable hotel elsewhere. But using a Kentucky Farm Bureau discount, I got a decent rate.

The room was spotlessly clean, it had a microwave and refrigerator, the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked great. I was able to download a number of iOS app updates while there. Breakfast was good. Great location just off I-55 and the facility was easy to find. A number of restaurants are nearby, and there are plenty of other options as well as lots of shopping just north along Weber Road in Bolingbrook.

One thing I have to complain about. I stayed on a Friday night. My room was directly across the hall from the entrance to one of the meeting rooms, where one of those "make money fast" seminars was being held. The registration table was across from my door and people crowded by the table sometimes made it hard to get in and out of my room. The noise from the seminar also wafted across the hall. They were done at a reasonable hour, and it didn't impact my sleep.

Also, the shower water pressure was inadequate for my liking.

I'd definitely stay here again if in the Joliet/Chicagoland area.

Room Tip: Try to get something away from the conference rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Romeoville? Share your experiences!