“Nice quiet atmospher.” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice quiet atmospher.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was my first time at this resturant and I really enjoyed it.I thought the atmospher was nice & quite.I had the chicken tempura. Me & my mom went and we used a groupon and only payed 13 dollars for our meal which was great. We didn't sit at the habbache grill but next time we will.I definitely will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Romeoville, Illinois
“Delicious sushi, and a nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The sushi is oh so good. The atmosphere is pleasant. The worst I can say is the service can be very slow. Otherwise I enjoy my regular visits and meals.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shorewood, Illinois
“Great Sushi and Steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place has some of the freshest and best tasting Sushi around! I stop here regularly after work and pick up a few rolls. Wether it be raw or cooked it always tastes good! The Hibatchi Grill is just as good. The fried noodles are delicious. Chef's are fun and entertaining for the whole family!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good food, BAD service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This used to be my favorite hibachi restaurant. My last five visits there have been extremely terrible...
The hibachi experience is not like it used to be, so much is lacking from the "show" part of it that the last couple times we haven't even wanted to sit at the hibachi table. It's less personal anyways when on a date, having to share a table with other people.
One time when my boyfriend and I went, the hibachi chef rushed thru his performance.. Pitched pieces of broccoli at our face quickly in a row, giving us no chance to try and catch them in our mouths. He pegged my boyfriend straight in the eye, with no apologies. Then preceded to squirt Saki at us, which they normally do... But usually they try and get it in our mouths. The chef doused my boyfriend in it. He was soaked!
Our orders were wrong and the server barely came to check on our drinks or orders.
This exact thing happened the next time I went, this time with a friend. Same chef. Same experience. I learned my lesson. I decided then that I wouldn't waste my time at the hibachi table.
But, sitting at a regular table was worse. The servers spend more time on the customers that are sitting at the hibachi tables.
Especially this last time I went. Our server Cherry, was nonexistent. Our order, surprise.. Surprise... Was wrong. We ordered sushi as an appetizer and it came five minutes after our actual meal. Our waters were never refilled, we were never checked on... The server kept apologizing and thanking us for being patient. Which we were, until the end of our meal. We sat for twenty minutes looking around for our server. Finally my boyfriend got up and went IN THE BACK to get to go boxes for our meal! After sitting for a couple more minutes and not seeing her, my boyfriend got up again and paid up front. Our server saw him paying the hostess AND THEN decides to come clear our table and bring me a bag.
For as busy as it gets, they need to seriously get a better system, more chefs, servers, etc.
The food is good but for the price you can go to so many other hibachi grills and get the same quality but with better service and experiences.
If you do decide to check it out, I hope that your experience is better than mine.
I, on the other hand, will NOT be going back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CHicago
“It's great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Great place. Broad menu. Great prices. Quality sushi. Friendly service. Hard to beat.
Had a Groupon coupon which made it even better.
Most area sushi places have inflated prices without an equal increase in value. This is the happy exception.