“Wonderful facility” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows
Burnsville, mn
“Wonderful facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Wonderful hotel with excellent accommodations, very clean, kitchen equipped for a short or long stay. Have stayed for weeks at a time and for short stay. Booked through Priceline for a VERY reasonable rate of 28.00 per night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stays have been so enjoyable and you have found a "home away from home" in us. We look forward to hosting you again soon! Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed for one week here. Great price with a reduction during the weekend. The most bang-for-your-buck in the area. The staff are very kind and attentive. Jim who works in the front has a great sense of humor as well. The rooms were tidy. I had a king size bed. I had clean towels in addition to dish detergent, a toasted / microwave oven / refrigerator.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed in 3 different locations of this chain and this one was my least favorite. Landscaping was overgrown and lobby was drab. I had booked on Priceline and when I got there they said I could only check in if I paid an extra $10 per night. I was in no position to argue so I let it go. Smokers dotted the periphery of this hotel. The room was dark, but clean and adequate for a few nights. The one huge plus was there was a Slushee machine in the lobby. Given that it was 90+ degrees out it was a real treat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked it through Hotwire. When I arrived, I was given only a smoking room or a non-smoking room with $15 additional charge.

I have stayed in more than ten different hotels in different cities with my 1 year old. Every single of them was able to provide portable cribs for us, though some of them were like play yard. Only this hotel had nothing!!! No crib and only smoking room with a queen size bed for my wife, my little one and me. No sofa bed/futon either!!!

Both above problems were first time for me after staying in more than 10 different hotels with my little one.

The good thing: the service gentleman (Jim or Tim I forget) was very nice and tried to help but he had very little thing to offer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Eden, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This extended stay motel was clean, staff was very helpful, and bed was decent. Don't plan to cook a very extensive meal, as there were only the most basic tools for cooking and eating. We did appreciate the help of the staff who helped with clean linens late at night when our grandchild got sick. Location is very convenient if you are in the Schaumburg area. However, one side of the main road was closed for extensive repairs, so getting into the parking area was a bit tricky. The entrance is actually west of the actual motel and looks like it is the entrance to the business offices instead of the motel which is half hidden from the entrance by trees. Once we figured out the entrance, it was good to settle in and rest in this inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Kay - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel; however, we apologize that it was a challenge to navigate our parking lot due to the construction area. I am going to work with our staff to see about providing additional signage to ensure this issue does not happen again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jshanahan@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am an occasional smoker and when I booked my room through Priceline.com I was unaware that smoking rooms were even an option. I do not smoke indoors, and when I arrived at the hotel the attendent told me the only room available was a smoking room. She asked if that would be a problem, however it's the only room available so I had to take it. Upon opening the door to the room I was instantly nauseated and I felt like I had walked into a giant ash tray. I couldn't bear the smell and had to leave the room and sit in my car for almost 3 hours until I couldn't keep my eyes open. I emptied almost an entire bottle of my own Febreze in the room and left the windows open that whole time. The room was still insufferable. I can't imagine how anyone could inhabit that room for a night let alone on an extended stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get stuck with a smoking room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Saint James, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for about 6 months. The staff is very friendly and have always been more than happy to help me with anything I have needed. The property is clean on the outside, even has a small outdoor area that is decently sized with a few picnic tables. The rooms are clean and smell good. The full size refrigerator in the room is especially nice when your staying more than just a few nights. The TV in the room is a flat screen and it really nice. the only complaint I have is the channel selection. There is 5 EPSN channels. Who needs 5 ESPN channels anyways? there is a few movie channels which is nice. No FX networks, that would be a good added channel. The grab and go breakfast is pretty nice too, has really good muffins and good coffee. A great hotel to stay at! My only complaint is the TV, 5 ESPN's and UNI Vision, which is all spanish speaking. Oh yeah, and the beds are all new and are VERY Comfortable!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we were thrilled to see this. We are happy you are liking all the new changes. I know we are looking to upgrade our channel selection in the near future and as soon as we know the specifics we will be sure to let our guests know.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Rolling Meadows? Share your experiences!